NFL 2023

WPMUFC

Can the eagles or boys achieve anything of importance today beyond switching playoff position? Because both teams are looking uninspired to put it nicely.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Cowboys are making dumb mistakes today and only the defense looks committed to do something so far.

A loss today and an early playoff exit surely results in McCarthy's firing. Or even a wild card win on the road but an embarrassing loss in the divisional round should as well. But knowing Jerry he'll retain his yes man.

MrMarcello

My local Fox feed has been frozen for over two minutes now, right as Washington was about to kick a field goal.

Update: about eight minutes unavailable, get your shit together Fox.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Can the eagles or boys achieve anything of importance today beyond switching playoff position? Because both teams are looking uninspired to put it nicely.
Cowboys playing exactly as we have all season when on the road. We'll get it done, but just.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Amazing how shit the Eagles are. I'm still so pissed the Bills lost to them after that 60 yard FG in the last second.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The decision to change the DC backfired. The defense was bad but last 2 weeks have been just abysmal against bad teams

whitbyviking

:lol::lol:
I saw that, there was no way he was letting him hit the deck and the referee was just poised. Probably still a penalty but I think the referee was so invested in him holding him up he just let it go :lol:

MrMarcello

Amazing how shit the Eagles are. I'm still so pissed the Bills lost to them after that 60 yard FG in the last second.
If that guy could hold the ball early in the game it's a sure touchdown reception, he just walks in.

And in OT if Davis just looks for the ball he surely adjusts his route for a winner.

Last edited:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The decision to change the DC backfired. The defense was bad but last 2 weeks have been just abysmal against bad teams
Agreed. Defense was bad, but they lost so many players in free agency and didn't adequately replace them, particularly at linebacker. I thought Desai was doing ok given what he had to work with, and often made decent 2nd half adjustments. But you're right, it's noticeably worse now.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
:(
Agreed. Defense was bad, but they lost so many players in free agency and didn't adequately replace them, particularly at linebacker. I thought Desai was doing ok given what he had to work with, and often made decent 2nd half adjustments. But you're right, it's noticeably worse now.

I follow a lot of people who analyse film and last week the film was very ugly. All through the game the defence was confused pre snap and players were in wrong positions. That has continued today

Just to add to that on offence they have continually struggled against the Blitz. Hurts is the most Blitzed QB in the league and eagles have shown no answer against it. Giants are number 2 in the league in Blitz rate. TB are number 3

MrMarcello

I saw that, there was no way he was letting him hit the deck and the referee was just poised. Probably still a penalty but I think the referee was so invested in him holding him up he just let it go :lol:
Does seem a penalty as the defender did make contact before the punter had planted his kicking foot. Maybe the official thought he had already planted.

Hephaestus

Would be nice if the Seahawks could stop a runner at the first attempt just once this season.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Philly is down 24 and kicked a field goal very late in the third quarter. Just a scrimmage in their minds, I guess.
Just didn't want a shutout on the record, I suspect, to the Giants no less. They probably just want the game to end though really. 4 Eagles injuries so far, 5 if you include Hurts dislocated finger.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This is a great finish for the Cowboys, thanks to Carson Wentz they have avoided the Rams as well which is perfect for them

Jack-C20

Really proud of the Packers. Have very realistic expectations in the playoffs but the youngest team to ever reach the playoffs is promising for the future.