NFL 2023

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Man, thought I'd be pretty even about the result but found myself rooting hard for these Lions, what a game and what a win! So happy for them. Another home playoff game with even a slight chance of hosting the NFC conference final if the Packers do some crazy shit in San Francisco.

Wasn't it a weird decision from the Lions to accept the holding penalty late in the 4th by the way? I only watched Game in 40 just now so would need to double check, but you have the Rams at 4th & 4 in their own territory, yet accept the penalty and make it a 3th & 14 again? Were they really going to go for it at that point in the game needing 4 yards?

DavelinaJolie

Welp, seeing the Texans do what they did, and the Ravens coming off a long layoff... I'm concerned. I don't see the Steelers beating the Bills.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Man, thought I'd be pretty even about the result but found myself rooting hard for these Lions, what a game and what a win! So happy for them. Another home playoff game with even a slight chance of hosting the NFC conference final if the Packers do some crazy shit in San Francisco.

Wasn't it a weird decision from the Lions to accept the holding penalty late in the 4th by the way? I only watched Game in 40 just now so would need to double check, but you have the Rams at 4th & 4 in their own territory, yet accept the penalty and make it a 3th & 14 again? Were they really going to go for it at that point in the game needing 4 yards?
It put them out of field goal range. They were in lions territory. At the 35 yard line if I'm not mistaken.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
What a performance by Dallas. Best night ever.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Completely disagree about the Mcvay punt call. You just have to go for it there imo. Detroit need two first downs to win the game either way but you have to give yourself a chance. Even if you don’t get it the Lions get the ball on own 45 still needing two first downs so just give yourself a chance. Crazy stuff can happen on plays, you can have a completion, get a PI or anything. Lions also have one of the best punters in the league so if you get a stop you will probably get it at your own 25-30 anyways

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
One should just show them this picture and they will not be so livid anymore:

It's funny when this gets brought up randomly while conveniently dismissing/forgetting Goff nearly had his head ripped off the preceding possession which alters the Saints following drive if the refs call the blatant facemask.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It's funny when this gets brought up randomly while conveniently dismissing/forgetting Goff nearly had his head ripped off the preceding possession which alters the Saints following drive if the refs call the blatant facemask.
Okay, then show them the ridiculous false start call from yesterday. Show them how they had multiple trips to the Redzone but a lot of them ended up in chip shots, show them whatever. The end result is almost never down to one particular play, and refs are more lenient with defensive contact down the stretch anyway, especially in the playoffs.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Okay, then show them the ridiculous false start call from yesterday. Show them how they had multiple trips to the Redzone but a lot of them ended up in chip shots, show them whatever. The end result is almost never down to one particular play, and refs are more lenient with defensive contact down the stretch anyway, especially in the playoffs.
Apart from the final play in the superbowl . FML

Charlie Foley

You have all your timeouts plus the two minute warning left. I'd trust my defense to get the ball back. The mistake was not taking the timeout before the 2 minute warning.
What? They had one timeout left. They used one to barely avoid the delay of game and another one at the start of the third

Meller

Tough loss, terrible defense in the first and some bad coaching in the redzone. Still, that we got 10 wins and almost beat the Lions away in a playoff game with this team is an amazing season. Looking forward to next season already.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Yikes
Yeah that was such a strange decision. Even though Stafford appeared surprisingly fine with the the throws he still made after - he should not have been allowed to return after that. A lot of folks on the NFL subreddit didn't understand or support the league s decision there either. Playing with a dude s life.

arnie_ni

Whats usually the wording of the ref on challenges that are unsuccessful?

Is there a "not enough evidence to over call" vs the o nfield call was definitely correct?