NFL 2023

lsd

The Oracle
Long may it continue. I think the last time one of his teams looked prepared in the playoffs was 2010.

People are not giving Jerry enough credit for keeping McCarthy.

Jerry has finally done the impossible with this as he has now finally stopped Cowboys fans from thinking this will be our year

whitbyviking

Wonder what the lure of the Falcons is. Easiest division? Think it’s a multi year job to rebuild and he’s not getting younger.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Wonder what the lure of the Falcons is. Easiest division? Think it’s a multi year job to rebuild and he’s not getting younger.
Just don't see this working myself, especially due to how long it will take to revamp the franchise as you say.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Trade up from #8 this season, select Daniels or Maye, and cross all your fingers that he's the new CJ Stroud. If not, likely route is Penix or Nix? They need to get a new QB. Offensive playmakers enough on that roster already.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He was talking a lot of shit in Philly too. And then talked shit about Philly the second he left. Guy just craves the drama.
He was literally exactly the same when he was in NOLA. Talked so much shit when he was here and then immediately started talking shit about the Saints once he left.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I don't fear Belichick in Atlanta at all. I'd still have them 3rd best in the division. Obviously this is before any off season moves have been made.
Yeah I'll be skeptical as well until I see him actually do it and succeed there. I'd be more worried if they hired a Ben Johnson or Jim Harbaugh - however contrary that might sound given that BB is arguably the GOAT.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah I'll be skeptical as well until I see him actually do it and succeed there. I'd be more worried if they hired a Ben Johnson or Jim Harbaugh - however contrary that might sound given that BB is arguably the GOAT.
Yeah, the Saints are making some moves of their own now and it looks like they're sniffing around that Shanahan tree of coaches for our OC vacancy. I've long wanted us to and grab one of those Shanahan disciples so I like this new direction they're taking.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, the Saints are making some moves of their own now and it looks like they're sniffing around that Shanahan tree of coaches for our OC vacancy. I've long wanted us to and grab one of those Shanahan disciples so I like this new direction they're taking.
Slowik or Evero then? Don't think either makes sense to be honest, it would be a sideways move for Slowik (is that even allowed by the NFL?) and Evero is a defensive-minded coach at the moment...

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Looks like this will be a done deal in the not so distant future.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
If he fails there, as he has with every other team that doesn't include Brady, will he still be GOAT in the eyes of many?

I've tried to reword that to make it less confrontational, because that's not my intention despite it sounding that way :lol:

Ace Krampus

Atlanta makes a lot of sense. The division is buns and they have great young weapons in Robinson, London & Pitts. He'll get to pick his QB and obviously either doesn't want to live in LA (who can blame him) or doesn't find Herbert all that appealing. I think drafting like Daniels or Penix won't be the move though, taking a QB like that when you're 200 years old doesn't seem like it'll bear fruit. Now if he goes and gets like, Cousins Balki, then I think they're a playoff team. Even though Cousins is a known loser, he's still going to probably get 4000 yards and 30 TDs

Ace Krampus

If he fails there, as he has with every other team that doesn't include Brady, will he still be GOAT in the eyes of many?

I've tried to reword that to make it less confrontational, because that's not my intention despite it sounding that way :lol:
I guess that depends on what's a failure. Not winning a ring? Going 3-14? I think the most likely outcome is that they're a playoff team with a decent QB and may win a round or two in the next 2-3 years.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Slowik or Evero then? Don't think either makes sense to be honest, it would be a sideways move for Slowik (is that even allowed by the NFL?) and Evero is a defensive-minded coach at the moment...
These McVay disciples look interesting though. Like the look of Dan Pitcher.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
The Bears want to interview Kingsbury. :lol:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Would Belicunt be interested in Russell Wilson in Atlanta if the QB was released by Denver?

Can't see him trading draft capital for Wilson, and probably no one else outside a young potential like Fields perhaps. Dunno if he rates Fields at all.

kundalini

Would Belicunt be interested in Russell Wilson in Atlanta if the QB was released by Denver?

Can't see him trading draft capital for Wilson, and probably no one else outside a young potential like Fields perhaps. Dunno if he rates Fields at all.
No change at QB: Arizona Cardinals, Baltimore Ravens, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns (?), Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs, LA Chargers, LA Rams, Miami Dolphins, New Orleans Saints (?), New York Giants (?), New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers (?), San Francisco 49ers, Tampa Bay Bucs (keeping Baker Mayfield ?),

Probably drafting: Chicago Bears, New England Patriots, Washington Commanders

Looking for a free agent, trade or desperate draft move: Atlanta Falcons, Denver Broncos

Unclear: Las Vegas Raiders (Aidan O'Connell didn't look totally convincing), Minnesota Vikings (paying Cousins ?), Seattle Seahawks (retaining Geno Smith ? seems less likely after Pete Carroll's departure), Tennessee Titans (Will Levis ?)

My head hurts trying to figure all this out. If Vikings don't offer Cousins enough to keep him then he becomes the QB to get, despite coming back from injury. If he isn't on the market then the options look either high risk (Justin Fields) or just terrible. Most of the back-up QBs who looked good for a spell then fell to pieces. Is Jake Browning worth a starting QB role ? Joe Flacco ? What happened to Jimmy Garappolo in Las Vegas ? Is he worth trying to fix ? What about the back-up QBs that didn't feature ? Where does Russell Wilson go ? Would anyone want Mac Jones ? Zach Wilson ? What are the Steelers going to do ? What are Denver going to do ? Do Seahawks go for Justin Fields and let Geno Smith move elsewhere ? Are the Giants really giving Daniel Jones another chance ? How many potentially ready to go starting QBs are there in the draft ?

Surely Belichick wants a Brady clone (to the extent you can find such a thing right now) rather than a conservative dual threat QB ? Cousins, Flacco, Geno Smith. What about Russell Wilson to Saints, Derek Carr to Falcons ? Bidding war for Baker Mayfield ?

I haven't got a clue how all this ends up being resolved.

Last edited:

Darkhorsez

My son is going to the Raven’s game at the weekend! He is super excited as it is his first live game! 4 hour bus trip there and back - yet he is so happy!

whitbyviking

No change at QB: Arizona Cardinals, Baltimore Ravens, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns (?), Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs, LA Chargers, LA Rams, Miami Dolphins, New Orleans Saints (?), New York Giants (?), New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers (?), San Francisco 49ers, Tampa Bay Bucs (keeping Baker Mayfield ?),

Probably drafting: Chicago Bears, New England Patriots, Washington Commanders

Looking for a free agent, trade or desperate draft move: Atlanta Falcons, Denver Broncos

Unclear: Las Vegas Raiders (Aidan O'Connell didn't look totally convincing), Minnesota Vikings (paying Cousins ?), Seattle Seahawks (retaining Geno Smith ? seems less likely after Pete Carroll's departure), Tennessee Titans (Will Levis ?)

My head hurts trying to figure all this out. If Vikings don't offer Cousins enough to keep him then he becomes the QB to get, despite coming back from injury. If he isn't on the market then the options look either high risk (Justin Fields) or just terrible. Most of the back-up QBs who looked good for a spell then fell to pieces. Is Jake Browning worth a starting QB role ? Joe Flacco ? What happened to Jimmy Garappolo in Las Vegas ? Is he worth trying to fix ? What about the back-up QBs that didn't feature ? Where does Russell Wilson go ? Would anyone want Mac Jones ? Zach Wilson ? What are the Steelers going to do ? What are Denver going to do ? Do Seahawks go for Justin Fields and let Geno Smith move elsewhere ? Are the Giants really giving Daniel Jones another chance ? How many potentially ready to go starting QBs are there in the draft ?

Surely Belichick wants a Brady clone (to the extent you can find such a thing right now) rather than a conservative dual threat QB ? Cousins, Flacco, Geno Smith. What about Russell Wilson to Saints, Derek Carr to Falcons ? Bidding war for Baker Mayfield ?

I haven't got a clue how all this ends up being resolved.
Would Belichick go after Jimmy G? He had him at the Pats and would know his game. Not going to get them a Superbowl but ok for playoffs and possibly championship game.

There are teams out there who would suit him. Strong OL and he can perform above average.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
A strange pick given that he would basically be inheriting a team with comparable talent to the NE team he just left at 4-13.
Falcons skill players are a few tiers above what the Pats had available this season. It all depends on QB anyway.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I am surprised BB is going to the Falcons. Imo, he kind of needed to go to a win now team, because if he has another couple of bad seasons. I can easily see the discussion around him moving to 'how many SB's did BB cost Brady?'.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I doubt Jerry even rang up Belichick to see if there was interest. He might could do something with those talents on both sides of the ball. Nah, just stick with Big Mike, he'll get them there according to Jerry.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It sounds like Cousins is eyeing the Falcons, his wife is also from Georgia.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It sounds like Cousins is eyeing the Falcons, his wife is also from Georgia.
Where would that leave the Vikings? Surely you're not gonna go into the new season hoping Jaren Hall is the answer?

JPRouve

Scout
Where would that leave the Vikings? Surely you're not gonna go into the new season hoping Jaren Hall is the answer?
It leaves the Vikings in a better situation. The core of the team is really young and they should go with either Hall and hope/tank or draft a QB in the coming draft. Either way next season shouldn't be a forced attempt to make the playoff.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It leaves the Vikings in a better situation. The core of the team is really young and they should go with either Hall and hope/tank or draft a QB in the coming draft. Either way next season shouldn't be a forced attempt to make the playoff.
It's not good for my JJ dynasty shares :lol: But indeed a parting of ways with Cousins is best for the organization, I agree.

JPRouve

Scout
It's not good for my JJ dynasty shares :lol: But indeed a parting of ways with Cousins is best for the organization, I agree.
The only way Cousins make sense is if he is willing to take such a discount that the Vikings can put serious money in the defensive line, especially the interior. But even then they should draft a QB early.

GlasgowRedz

The only way Cousins make sense is if he is willing to take such a discount that the Vikings can put serious money in the defensive line, especially the interior. But even then they should draft a QB early.
JJ needs paid this summer and Darrisaw is due for a new contract also. Big decision to be made on Hunter too and I can't see the Vikings having the money to deal all of them in and plug holes in the defensive line if they're paying Cousins what he's likely to want.

The OL needs looking at also.

Will be interesting to see what Kwesi does but the more you look at it, the more sense it makes to try and trade up to get the QB you want. Unlikely that they will be able to get into the top two but maybe get near enough to have a shot at Jayden Daniels as I don't see him dropping to 11th. Pats may be open to a trade.

Dan_F

Just stuck 3 off hours in my work calendar for Monday morning. Blame me if Chiefs/Bills is a stinker.

DavelinaJolie

No Marlon Humphrey is a big blow tbh.

Finger crossed for tonight, probably won't be able to watch it so may avoid the score till I can watch highlights tomorrow.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Sometimes teams look rusty coming off the bye. Sometimes they looked prepared and fresh. It’ll be interesting to see how both the 49ers and ravens do today, as the Texans and Packers are young and fearless and so if they get off to good starts and get a lead whilst their opponents get up to speed, it could be difficult to catch them.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

It gets better for Dallas.