NFL 2023

Dan_F

I would rather watch a blank screen then have to listen to that punk ass bitch Neil Reynolds.
I’ve seen a few people slating him pretty harshly in here. Is there a back story I should know about? The coverage is very corny but I feel the same when I watch Amercian punditry.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
“would never pay attention to lonely men, and it bothers them.”

I think that’s also why @RobinLFC hates Purdy so much
Would check out if I didn't literally post yesterday that the whole Swift saga doesn't bother me at all :cool:

And hey I don't hate Purdy! I hate how overrated he is by some. Someone has to be the voice of reason in this madness.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam

Hope the niners win for Kittle.

I remember the micd up from the SB they lost and he was on the bench being his usual optimistic self saying "We'll be back. It's ok. We'll be back". It was hard not to think, maybe you won't. But he did it.

Ole90+3

“would never pay attention to lonely men, and it bothers them.”

I think that’s also why @RobinLFC hates Purdy so much
I think it’s more the fact that she’s proven she’s a bit of a phoney with the whole “my fans are my number one priority” act she gives out, whereas the reality is she’s just as money hungry as the rest of Hollywood.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I think it’s more the fact that she’s proven she’s a bit of a phoney with the whole “my fans are my number one priority” act she gives out, whereas the reality is she’s just as money hungry as the rest of Hollywood.
Except she's not 'Hollywood.'

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Micah Parsons' mum will be happy.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I was more worried they'd hire Ben Johnson who may turn out the next great HC in the league. I have no worries over Dan Quinn being a head coach in the same division. Good luck to him.

Who replaces Quinn in Dallas? Some names mentioned below. Joe Whitt Jr is supposedly a leading candidate already in the staff, but also mentioned are "...Al Harris and Aden Durde. And for intrigue’s sake? Mike Vrabel, Brandon Staley and Ron Rivera are presently unemployed."

https://www.fox16.com/sports/sports...-frontrunner-replacement-as-dan-quinn-leaves/

In Vrabel they'd have a ready made head coach to step in in 2025 if/when they realize McCarthy won't take them where they want to go.

MrMarcello

Bringing Zimmer back just seems like a step backwards, an uninspiring hire. Just give it to Joe Whitt Jr. in that case.

Best hire would be Vrabel, who would be a HC in waiting as well.

Broaddus nails it here. Spears did in a segment on some other show.

Last edited:

kundalini

I find it extraordinary that almost every discussion on whether Dak Prescott should get a new contract is centred around the $59,455,000 cap hit in 2024 season, with a further $36m cap hit pushed into void years. Cleary Dak is an elite QB during the regular season but so far seems to be a nervous wreck in the play-offs. He was drafted in 2016. While I'm not a Dallas fan, I would be very cautious about assuming Prescott will be able to get his act together in the play-offs; in which case, why is he worth huge money, or even the starting QB role in the medium to longer term ?

Dak signed a 4 year deal for $160m. On signing, $95m was fully guaranteed. The cap hit in year 1 was $17.2m, year 2 it was $19.7m, year 3 it was $26.8m. Whoever agreed this deal/restructure on the Dallas side needs to be fired. Towards the end of the deal, Dallas needed to be in position where they could make an assessment based on Dak's performances, not the financial side.

Spotrac has a good article on the subject, also came up in at least one of their podcasts I listened to; all the options look awful to me. Still, I would be very reluctant to give Prescott a new contract unless he performed at a decent level in the play-offs next season. Solving 2024 cap issues simply creates even worse problems in the future.

https://www.spotrac.com/news/the-cowboys-financial-options-with-dak-prescott-2142/

Last edited:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
The good thing is that they paired Prescott, a QB known for faltering in the playoffs, with Mike McCarthy, a coach known for faltering in the playoffs. It really makes sense and is a great match.

MrMarcello

I'd be open to trade talks if there is a club out there that would want Dak knowing his next contract will reset the market. Like, would Atlanta rather trade for Dak or Fields, all factors considered? Who else would be interested?

Dak may well produce in January in a different organization with a better culture, less pressure, better coaching, so forth. He could also fail to do any better than he has in Dallas.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Dallas are really hamstrung by that contract. All things considered a disaster really. And, especially when coupled with keeping McCarthy. I really don’t understand some of the decisions Jerry takes.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Atlanta would be crazy to pursue Dak when Justin Fields might be available this offseason for a package centered around just a 2nd round pick, if the rumors are true.

Jerry is too old to oversee a full rebuild. Can they cut him after the 2024 season without taking a massive cap hit? Not sure, but they should try to aim for JJ McCarthy / Bo Nix / Michael Penix Jr. who all could be going in the range that the Cowboys are drafting in this year. Let him sit a year behind Dak and then you go with your new guy and try to build from there.

Not even sure they can extend Dak while also keeping Lamb and Parsons who are due for new contracts soon?

MrMarcello

If they keep all three it would gobble up about half the expected cap range of 235-245 million in 2024 and beyond. Dak would average 55-65m per, Lamb 20-25m per, and Parsons probably 25-30m.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
If they keep all three it would gobble up about half the expected cap range of 235-245 million in 2024 and beyond. Dak would average 55-65m per, Lamb 20-25m per, and Parsons probably 25-30m.
Good luck extending Lamb and Micah for that when the highest paid WRs all make north of $25m per year and Nick Bosa makes $34m per year. Those are the figures both of them will be looking at.

MrMarcello

Good luck extending Lamb and Micah for that when the highest paid WRs all make north of $25m per year and Nick Bosa makes $34m per year. Those are the figures both of them will be looking at.
Can't keep all three, it's not doable. Or it puts so much cap weight in the latter years which guarantees a rebuild year or two at some point with too much dead money likely. QBs are killing the cap. They could probably get a decent haul for Parsons or could find another stud WR in a draft year if they dangled Lamb on the trade market.

Really think a hard cap is ludicrous and just a means to limit player earnings and power while putting more into ownership pockets. A salary tax system is more "free market" everyone cries about in the US except for sports where fans bitch and moan about salaries (while wishing they could have made it to that level). If Team A wants to spend 400m on player compensation in Year X, then let them and charge them a tax above the ceiling. The NBA does this properly although those trade exemptions and max and mid salary levels are bizarre and confusing and ridiculously crafted based on all league votes.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Purdy in some elite company.

arnie_ni

Lamar mvp. 49 out of 50 votes

January Joe comeback player of the year. Some sense shown at least

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Is DAZN gonna have the full US coverage including adverts? I must admit, the 99p is slowly winning me over vs the prospect of Neil Reynolds for 4 hours.

RedDevilRoshi

Is DAZN gonna have the full US coverage including adverts? I must admit, the 99p is slowly winning me over vs the prospect of Neil Reynolds for 4 hours.
Yeah it’s the full American coverage. It’s similar to how it was last year. 99p for the full American coverage.

Great value plus as you mentioned there, the avoidance of listening to Neil Reynolds for 4 hours is worth it.