NFL Thread 2013-14

kikks

Damnit, catch that Calvin. Would have done wonders for my Fantasy team :D Already exceeded his projection though, so I won't complain.

kikks

Jesus what a beat-down. +435 yardage differential. 40-10 in the end. Lions look good, but jesus that GB defense needs some help against the run. And I don't think even Aaron Rodgers could have done that much against the Lions D-line today. Flynn was sacked or hit on something like 20 out of 21 dropbacks in the first half. That's ridiculous. GBs O-line + Lions D-line = QB eating dirt.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good drive from Dallas to end the half. Oakland have done well so far, their QB looks decent.

Is Garrett actually the cowboys' head coach? Other than clapping his hands he doesn't do much else and hardly shows any emotion.

kikks

Hehe. After they took the playcalling duties away, I imagine he ain't doing much. But who knows ;) I like this game so far. I thought it would be boring as hell, but it's a'ight.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Yep a good game and a good win for Dallas. I think it will go down to the last game between them and Philly to decide who wins the division.

Btw, worst onside kick ever.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Crabtree back for San Fran! Think it will take him a few games to get up to speed, but if he can contribute then will be a major boost to our offense.

kikks

The Minnesota Vikings, in their infinite wisdom, are foregoing running the best running back in the National Football League against the worst run defence in order to throw it with one of the worst quarterbacks in said league. Musgrave is a retard. HOW IS HE AN OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR?

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
The Minnesota Vikings, in their infinite wisdom, are foregoing running the best running back in the National Football League against the worst run defence in order to throw it with one of the worst quarterbacks in said league. Musgrave is a retard. HOW IS HE AN OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR?
"They'll never see it coming! Genius! Genius I say."

/Vikings idiot staff.

December_16

I'm up against Nick Foles this week, so I put on both DJax and Cooper in my team as an antidote. Guess who Foles decided to throw to for the first 2 TDs? Not DJax or Cooper. Predictable.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Haha, that was awesome. Bouncing off defenders several times before hammering through for the TD.

kikks

For feck sake, Ellison. First you drop a touchdown in regulation and then get a facemask penalty to rule out the game-winning field goal. Jesus Christ. Ladies and gentlemen, your 2013 Minnesota Vikings.

kikks

Ahahahaha. Gould missed it. Vikings drive down and get the W. I can't believe it.

kikks

I love Manning (because he's on my Fantasy team). Also, what a game by Decker. 4 TDs!

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Niners looking good!

Happy to see Crabtree back - and picked up a 60 yard reception...taste of things to come!!

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
For more on Vernon Davis, you should have a look at these 2 Sport Science clips:

and

There are many amazing athletes in the NFL, but for me Vernon Davis is pretty much at the top. 6'3" 250lbs 4.38 in the 40 yard dash.......

Andrew~

Massive game tonight (New Orleans @ Seattle). Big fan of Seattle but the matchups, in my opinion, side with New Orleans. Seattle struggle with defending Tight-Ends, and New Orleans have the best TE in the game - Jimmy Graham. New Orleans also have the highest amount of sacks this season tied with Kansas, when Seattle's offensive line can't pass block to save it's life.

Percy Harvin out; the secondary depleted. Not looking great, but hopefully I get a surprise.

kikks

I agree that the matchups point towards Nawrlins. The "Legion of Boom" is seriously depleted. The top-notch safeties and Richard Sherman are still there, but the two other CBs are unknown (at least to me). And as you say, Saints' pass rush against Seahawks O-line might get nasty. But Wilson is a great escape-artist.

All this being said though, New Orleans aren't very good away from home. Brees' completion percentage drops like 10% from when he's at home, and his passer rating drops by a significant amount as well.

I think both Lynch and Graham will score two TDs, Brees will throw a couple of INTs and Wilson will find a way to win it in the fourth quarter (the bastard).

Seahawks 27 - Saints 24

kikks

Seattle D came to play. Jeez. They are giving them no rest. I think the Saints have psyched themselves out a bit about the noise. Saints with ear plugs and picture boards and shit.