NFL Thread 2013-14

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
And nothing. Go ahead...
Must have triggered something for you to respond.

My post was highlighting how this thread is flooded with dozens of Pats game posts and today I was very shocked to see none. None before, none during, and none after the game. It's like the fans disappeared this weekend.

gormless

Just got in from a friends birthday meal. I read that Brady got intercepted in the red zone which killed off the game winning drive? Gronk is the go to guy in the end zone, must be really killing the Pats. Will have a watch of highlights later

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
I have noticed your Patriots jibes from time to time or 'banter'.

Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly mind it.

I personally prefer it like this, instead of like a match day thread.

Andrew~

Come on Green Bay! Managed to get Matt Flynn to through 4 TDs in one game. Ridiculous.

One minute left. Green Bay lead by two points; Dallas in possession...

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Just got in from a friends birthday meal. I read that Brady got intercepted in the red zone which killed off the game winning drive? Gronk is the go to guy in the end zone, must be really killing the Pats. Will have a watch of highlights later

Amendola had a chance to score beforehand, tough grab but should have made it.

It was better than expected, I thought. They moved the ball pretty well.

I don't see this team going much further, its just too much now. Most teams would have folded with all the injuries. The defense is the most frustrating thing, I was really impressed at the beginning of the year. Carried the team.

MrMarcello

It will all go on Romo of course but I'm pointing the finger at JG and BC for shit play-calling, and that defense. Holy shit that is the worst defense I've seen, and New Orleans was terrible in 2012 but this appears worse.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
It will all go on Romo of course but I'm pointing the finger at JG and BC for shit play-calling, and that defense. Holy shit that is the worst defense I've seen, and New Orleans was terrible in 2012 but this appears worse.

But Tony Romo does this how many times a season? He finds ways to lose games too often to be a starting quarterback in the NFL.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
Nah, with the lead late in the game, averaging 7 yards a carry, with the playoffs on the line, you have to give the ball to Romo.

It's just common sense.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
But Tony Romo does this how many times a season? He finds ways to lose games too often to be a starting quarterback in the NFL.

Give me a break. Romo is easily one of the best quarterbacks in the league. Guys like Manning and Flanning never get any flak but they aren't nearly as good as Romo.

MrMarcello

Plenty of QBs make mistakes whether early, in the middle, or late in games. It's like arguing Tebow should still be a starter in the league because his teams managed to win games late when he was shit the entire game.

He's snakebit obviously. He'll never win a championship game but only one QB will each year, and very few overall. They should find a young player to groom though, but a drastic move like releasing him in the spring wouldn't make sense. Plenty of teams would offer him a contract. Heck, probably in his best interest to get out of that organization.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
To be fair to Romo, who else would they get that's any better?

They need more than just a game manager because their defence is piss poor at the moment. Romo can be a match winner, but he can also lose it if you give him the chance. Take it out of his fecking hands when your in the lead. How hard is that?

Andrew~

Matt Flynn has just played himself into another nice contract with a quarterback hungry team there.

JP77

This puts Romo at 9 interceptions on the year. Meanwhile Eli has 25, Brady has 10, Dalton has 16, Flacco has 17, Peyton has 10, Griffin has 12, Stafford has 14, Brees has 10, Newton has 11 and Ryan has 14.

Big Ben only has 10 :drool:

Our playoff hopes are dead but playing for pride tonight. And it's the cnuting Bengals of course. A must win!

Andrew~

This puts Romo at 9 interceptions on the year. Meanwhile Eli has 25, Brady has 10, Dalton has 16, Flacco has 17, Peyton has 10, Griffin has 12, Stafford has 14, Brees has 10, Newton has 11 and Ryan has 14.
Romo is a great quarterback, but the trope has settled now and it'll be with him forever. Just like the butt-fumble will be with Sanchez.

He should just embrace the Romoception. :lol:

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Plenty of QBs make mistakes whether early, in the middle, or late in games. It's like arguing Tebow should still be a starter in the league because his teams managed to win games late when he was shit the entire game.

He's snakebit obviously. He'll never win a championship game but only one QB will each year, and very few overall. They should find a young player to groom though, but a drastic move like releasing him in the spring wouldn't make sense. Plenty of teams would offer him a contract. Heck, probably in his best interest to get out of that organization.

He has a 1-3 record in the playoffs and is 0-3 in games with a playoff berth on the line. For an organization that is supposed to be one of the best, that can't be good enough. Jerry Jones is a moron, but he can't be blamed for the games that Romo has thrown/fumbled away late in the fourth quarter. It would be one thing if his overall record was great, but it's not.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
What, exactly, are you taking issue with?

You said he was better than Manning(Peyton and Eli) and Flacco(I'm guessing that's what you meant). How many Super Bowl rings do they have? Super Bowl MVP trophies? I'm not saying Eli or Flacco are amazing, but they find ways to win.

Eboue

He has a 1-3 record in the playoffs and is 0-3 in games with a playoff berth on the line. For an organization that is supposed to be one of the best, that can't be good enough. Jerry Jones is a moron, but he can't be blamed for the games that Romo has thrown/fumbled away late in the fourth quarter. It would be one thing if his overall record was great, but it's not.
In 2007 he was a rookie who took over halfway through the season and lost by 1 point in Seattle.
In 2008 the Cowboys lost by 4 at home to the eventual SB champion Giants.
In 2010 the Cowboys got blown out in Minnesota to Bret Favre's vikings, despite Romo completing 63% of his passes.
In 2010 they Cowboys blew out the Eagles with Romo completing 67% with 2 touchdowns and 0 interceptions.

In the playoffs every game is mostly a tossup. So out of 4 games, the Cowboys should win 2. So if Romo had managed to run the botched snap in against Seattle, he would be 2-2 instead of 1-3 and none of this would mean anything.

You're talking shit.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
You said he was better than Manning(Peyton and Eli) and Flacco(I'm guessing that's what you meant). How many Super Bowl rings do they have? Super Bowl MVP trophies? I'm not saying Eli or Flacco are amazing, but they find ways to win.
In all fairness, that's a load of bollocks.

I'd shove a rusty knife up my arse to have Romo on the Jets.

Eboue

Jesus Christ. You actually believe that don't you?

Joe Namath won a super bowl. Brad Johnson won a super bowl. Trent Dilfer won a super bowl. Jeff Hostetler won a super bowl.

Dan Marino never won a super bowl. Steve McNair never won a super bowl. Warren Moon never won a super bowl. Dan Fouts never won a super bowl.

Who are you, Skip Bayless? Super Bowls are won and lost by teams.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
In 2007 he was a rookie who took over halfway through the season and lost by 1 point in Seattle. Romo fumbled inside the 5.
In 2008 the Cowboys lost by 4 at home to the eventual SB champion Giants. Romo threw a pick in the redzone.
In 2010 the Cowboys got blown out in Minnesota to Bret Favre's vikings, despite Romo completing 63% of his passes.
In 2010 they Cowboys blew out the Eagles with Romo completing 67% with 2 touchdowns and 0 interceptions.

In the playoffs every game is mostly a tossup. So out of 4 games, the Cowboys should win 2. So if Romo had managed to run the botched snap in against Seattle, he would be 2-2 instead of 1-3 and none of this would mean anything.

You're talking shit.

Following his 4th quarter interception against the Redskins knocking them out of the playoffs last year:
"The Cowboys (8-8), meanwhile, will miss the playoffs for the third straight season, having stumbled in a make-or-break end-of-regular-season game for the third time in five years."
How are the playoffs tossups?