g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

NFL Thread 2019

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Eboue's going to love Chase Winovich laying the lumber for the 6-time Super Bowl champion New England Patriots next season :)

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
And the Patriots' draft was dull: they actually used their 1st round pick on a position they need.

It's only fun when when Belichick trades out of the 1st round for extra picks in the 4th in order to pick a back-up long snapper or a special teamer no one's ever heard of.

Hephaestus

Yea just saw that too...

Gonna miss these two so much. I'd accepted Kam was done but Baldwin is gutting, was always so relaxing knowing that when Wilson was doing his bullshit scrambles that Baldwin would always get open.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Jamie Collins back to Patriots

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Patrick Peterson suspended for half the season, wow. Big set-back for the Cardinals.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
And Reuben Foster has torn his ACL...

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Unless he’s gonna come in at a much lower cost this makes no sense to me.
No idea but that was my initial thought as well. McCoy was due to make $13m in base salary for 2019, while Suh's one-year deal with the Rams last year was worth around $14m, so I doubt he's getting the same kind of money from the Bucs. Probably a 'prove your worth' deal for Suh but his numbers aren't really better than McCoy's anymore (less sacks and QB hits on a stacked Rams' DL), and that's even disregarding the latter's contributions to the local community and stuff.

Mighty Boosh

Anyone planning on going to the London games this year?

Think I might go for it this year, whats the best way to get decent tickets?

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Anyone planning on going to the London games this year?

Think I might go for it this year, whats the best way to get decent tickets?
Yep - I’ve been going for a good few years now.

It’s good, different atmosphere to a game in the states or a football match but still a lot of fun.

Not happy with what they’ve done with the Spurs tickets though.

Sylar

Total farce.

1. No priority for old season ticket holders at Spurs.
2. Spurs ticket prices are absurd.
And its open to everybody, meaning touts will get it as per usual, and have it on re-selling sites for 10 times the worth, and it wont be cancelled / taken down.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I really want to go to a game this season. Last year I got mugged with a fake ticket so if any of you help me with a ticket this year that would be really great . I will try my best to get a spurs season ticket

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Has anyone been to a game in the US and the UK? I'm curious how the experiences compare. I have no interest in going to an NFL game here. I've been to probably 20 or so and if I never go again that's fine.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Has anyone been to a game in the US and the UK? I'm curious how the experiences compare. I have no interest in going to an NFL game here. I've been to probably 20 or so and if I never go again that's fine.
Look at you trying to boast about all the games you have attended

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I’ve been to all the UK games for the past couple years.

In the US, I’ve seen Pats @ Jets last year and Jets Giants 3/4 years ago (the one where the played in the reg season.

The experience is different but also similar. The UK games are more a collection of NFL fans. People wear the jersey of the team they support. It’s chilled out. People just want to see a good game.

US is obviously different in that there’s a home and away team and you only have fans of those teams there.

One thing that annoys me in the UK games (less so in recent years though) is that it’s still very much as if they think people attending know very little about the NFL.

On the flip side what’s fun though is that it’s a “special” event so everyone’s pretty up for it rather than for the US games I felt fans were going to the game and it was a bit of a process / habit rather than being genuinely up for it.

In terms of stadium atmosphere, hands down it is better in the US but that’s expected.