NFL Thread 2019

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Partly. And also because of the timing. No reason to sort this deal out just yet. In my view, given the injury issues, it makes sense to have exercised the 5th year and done this long term deal next year.

He’s obviously talented and I do think he can play at his peak level but there’s just still too big of a risk either way to pay this up so soon. It’s not the money, more the timing. He was always going to have to be paid a big amount, just think it should have waited.
Think it's because they want to give him a bit more confidence going into the new season, the last thing you want is for Wentz to have the contract at the back of his mind with the issues that he has already had . From what I have heard today it seems like most of the experts believe that teams that follow now with Goff & co will be paying even more because of this deal so I think it's alright. It's obviously a slight gamble but Eagles just believe in him a lot

Affirmation

I'm excited to see what my New York Giants can do, like many others I had a pessimistic outlook when it came to the direction the franchise was taking under the leadership of Dave Gettleman and Pat Shurmur especially after the OBJ trade. I initially wasn't sure on the Draft selection of Daniel Jones either, especially at number six when players such as Josh Allen were still on the board. But I'm willing to give this team another chance in the direction it is choosing to take, Daniel Jones is impressing from what I'm hearing from the training camps and could even start over Eli Manning. I doubt this but it would not surprise me should he displace the veteran at some point this season. My doubts are of course still there regarding the overall direction, but I'm willing to give it a chance that's for sure. It's a make it or break it season for the Giants and they have to perform to expectations.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I'm excited to see what my New York Giants can do, like many others I had a pessimistic outlook when it came to the direction the franchise was taking under the leadership of Dave Gettleman and Pat Shurmur especially after the OBJ trade. I initially wasn't sure on the Draft selection of Daniel Jones either, especially at number six when players such as Josh Allen were still on the board. But I'm willing to give this team another chance in the direction it is choosing to take, Daniel Jones is impressing from what I'm hearing from the training camps and could even start over Eli Manning. I doubt this but it would not surprise me should he displace the veteran at some point this season. My doubts are of course still there regarding the overall direction, but I'm willing to give it a chance that's for sure. It's a make it or break it season for the Giants and they have to perform to expectations.
I think the Giants have firmly lost their way right now. Not so much the OBJ trade or drafting Daniel Jones (I mean no one truly know the worth of a QB until they’re on the NFL field - we’ve seen slam dunks fail and sure fails boom) but just overall, I can’t see a strategy. For the other organisations which have gone from nothing to something in recent years, none have done it without having a clear plan. Even now, whether we agree with the Raiders or not, they at least are trying something and have an idea of what they want. With the Giants, I simply can’t see that there yet. The Giants won’t have a bad season but the result of this season is irrelevant (I can’t see how you make the playoffs in a division with the Eagles and Cowboys). Really what happens in the next offseason will really show if a plan is in place and a direction is set.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Here's the player Larry Allen became, arguably the most dominate blocker in league history. That Packers game starts around 4:00. Reggie got by Allen (rookie season) early on but was held in check in the second half when Garrett (third string QB, first string ginger) went nuclear on GB's secondary; then denied him in the playoffs a couple months later. Around the 7:00 mark was when Allen chased down Conner in an incredible display of freak athleticism.

Supposedly players would accentuate a possible injury if they knew they had to line up against him the following game.

One of the most intimidating athletes to ever play the game. I’d put him up there with anyone in that regard.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Really can't wait for the season to start again. Only 2.5 months to go :cool:

We've started a Dynasty league with a few friends this time around, which turns out to be great fun. Trading picks, reading up about the rookies, breakout candidates, ... All gives you plenty of insight and makes you look forward to the new season even more. Listening to NFL podcasts on the way to work is also a great pastime.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
As a Giants fan I don't have much to look forward too but I still cant wait for the season to begin. Since Eli is well passed it I expect Jones to get some games when all hope Is lost.

In a neutral standpoint I can not wait to see how this Browns team will play. Lots of potential in this team.

Also want to see how Mahomes fairs following his MVP season.

Cant come any sooner:drool:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Don't want to organise it but I'll definitely play again as well.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Lots of players... but we need an organiser! I just don’t have the time sadly.

I think Eboue you did such an awesome job you might as well just do it again ... :)

CookieMonster

Supports
FC Bayern München
I'd also like to play in the fantasy league again to get something to root for after the first 4 games and first 4 losses for the Dolphins this season.
I'll even play in a 2qb league again.
I just need something apart from the tank for Tua to enjoy the season :nervous:

Sandyman

I would do a money dynasty league.
There's a start.

How difficult is it to run leagues? I haven't the faintest idea about starting one but I could help out in case you need help setting up a free league.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
There's a start.

How difficult is it to run leagues? I haven't the faintest idea about starting one but I could help out in case you need help setting up a free league.
I dont need help to run a free league because I'm not going to run a free league. But it's only hard if you have unreliable people in the league. Chasing them around for the various things you need is annoying.

That's why I would only do a paid league since it will self select people who are less of a hassle.