NFL Thread 2019

Hephaestus

The Raiders are going to be such a shitshow this year. Incognito being coached by Tom Cable and sharing a locker room with Burfict and Antonio Brown.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
College football watchers, how are we raking the rookie RB/WR class for the upcoming season?

RB
1) Josh Jacobs
2) David Montgomery
3) Miles Sanders
Major drop-off

WR
1) AJ Brown
2) N'Keal Harry
3) Parris Campbell
4) DK Metcalf
5) Marquise Brown

Is that fair? I've got a Dynasty redraft coming up next weekend and honestly don't watch enough college football to have a proper opinion on them. Campbell looks like my favourite WR because he plays in such an exciting offense while I really like Montgomery as well for no particular reason. Also, how good can/will Robert Foster be?

Is Hockenson a reliable pass-catcher? Not a huge fan of rookie TEs though.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Lockout is coming?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
College football watchers, how are we raking the rookie RB/WR class for the upcoming season?

RB
1) Josh Jacobs
2) David Montgomery
3) Miles Sanders
Major drop-off

WR
1) AJ Brown
2) N'Keal Harry
3) Parris Campbell
4) DK Metcalf
5) Marquise Brown

Is that fair? I've got a Dynasty redraft coming up next weekend and honestly don't watch enough college football to have a proper opinion on them. Campbell looks like my favourite WR because he plays in such an exciting offense while I really like Montgomery as well for no particular reason. Also, how good can/will Robert Foster be?

Is Hockenson a reliable pass-catcher? Not a huge fan of rookie TEs though.
Brown is freakish fast, like Tyreke Hill. But he's on the Ravens running the wishbone, so... Metcalf is a project, his teammate was the more polished WR.

Hockenson was going to be the steal of the draft I thought, before he went so early. He's a sure thing. His teammate that went to the Broncs is actually a better deep threat though and might provide some TDs.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Lockout is coming?
When’s the current deal up?!

Never really understood how these things work in American sports. Hopefully it’s precautionary advice.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
When’s the current deal up?!

Never really understood how these things work in American sports. Hopefully it’s precautionary advice.
Supposed to be about a potential 2021 lockout, so lots of time left.

mav_9me

Initially it looked like he was throwing with his left hand and I was like huh? Then realized its supposed to be his dallas catch.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I had him nailed on to join Baltimore after what I had heard of his visit and reception.

Carolina toss him more money?
According to Schefter he was "wowed" by Cam Newton (go figure), plus he gets to stick it to the Bucs twice a season now by staying in the NFC South.

Sylar

Anyone manage to get on for the spurs season tickets?
Yes. Took me over an hour. Fckin shambles of a thing. I was in the Q for so long, then just went into the email, clicked the link which took me to the same place, and I was ahead of where i was originally. It finally came to the log in page. The cheapest tickets left were 150+ per ST. You cant pick where you sit, just the area (and it gives best available).

Thankfully didnt crash on me when purchasing it, but an added 20 on booking fee and another 3 or 4 for shipping. Fck

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
What the feck is going on with All or Nothing this year?

It broke about a month back that it's going to be the Panthers but we've heard nothing since, and last year it was aired starting at the end of April.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

It broke about a month back that it's going to be the Panthers but we've heard nothing since, and last year it was aired starting at the end of April.
Same goes for Top 100 which is normally starting at the end of April as well, but also nothing so far.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Yes. Took me over an hour. Fckin shambles of a thing. I was in the Q for so long, then just went into the email, clicked the link which took me to the same place, and I was ahead of where i was originally. It finally came to the log in page. The cheapest tickets left were 150+ per ST. You cant pick where you sit, just the area (and it gives best available).

Thankfully didnt crash on me when purchasing it, but an added 20 on booking fee and another 3 or 4 for shipping. Fck
I eventually managed it too.

Two in block 524. Right at the top though, row 27 of 29. At least relatively central and sideline.

Prices are ridiculous. Ended up costing £316. That’s category 5 which is 3rd lowest. Which is madness really.

Also think it’s a total joke that you can’t pick the actual seats. That’s criminal in this day and age.

RoadTrip

What the feck is happening/happened/will happen with all or nothing? Hard knocks will be on before that damn show is aired.
Been wondering this for a while too.

But a quick wiki shows that actually the season has in some seasons come out really late, even July.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Decided to give Wembley a miss this year and managed to get tickets for the games at the new Spurs stadium. Was a fecking hassle this morning though, was in the queue for about two hours then finally got in to book the tickets and the site was crashing on me. NFL UK need to fix this, it's the same every year.

Sylar

I eventually managed it too.

Two in block 524. Right at the top though, row 27 of 29. At least relatively central and sideline.

Prices are ridiculous. Ended up costing £316. That’s category 5 which is 3rd lowest. Which is madness really.

Also think it’s a total joke that you can’t pick the actual seats. That’s criminal in this day and age.
Im 507 I think. But yeah, the prices is fcked. They fcked over ST holders. How can you call it a ST when you need to buy two separate ones which have only 2 games on each. Its fckin over fans

Decided to give Wembley a miss this year and managed to get tickets for the games at the new Spurs stadium. Was a fecking hassle this morning though, was in the queue for about two hours then finally got in to book the tickets and the site was crashing on me. NFL UK need to fix this, it's the same every year.
The fcked up thing is , within 10 minutes there were tickets on stubhub and other sites putting tickets for 5 times the price. How is this allowed? Why arent those tickets cancelled? Its so annoying.

We need an rvn

For those of us who are not clear on some rules, what's the deal with a lockout? Is it some league rule that caps salary or club income and the teams and not agreeing with the equivalent of the fa?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
For those of us who are not clear on some rules, what's the deal with a lockout? Is it some league rule that caps salary or club income and the teams and not agreeing with the equivalent of the fa?
It's basically the players (Players Association) and the owners not agreeing on a collective bargaining agreement which splits the revenue pool, generated by the league, between the owners and the players. Things like salary cap, health benefits, rookie contracts and franchise tags were probably all part of the discussion as well, I'd imagine.

We need an rvn

It's basically the players (Players Association) and the owners not agreeing on a collective bargaining agreement which splits the revenue pool, generated by the league, between the owners and the players. Things like salary cap, health benefits, rookie contracts and franchise tags were probably all part of the discussion as well, I'd imagine.
ah ok, makes sense. thanks

RoadTrip

Because of his injury concerns?

I don't think 2017 was a one-off and he can replicate that.
Partly. And also because of the timing. No reason to sort this deal out just yet. In my view, given the injury issues, it makes sense to have exercised the 5th year and done this long term deal next year.

He’s obviously talented and I do think he can play at his peak level but there’s just still too big of a risk either way to pay this up so soon. It’s not the money, more the timing. He was always going to have to be paid a big amount, just think it should have waited.

Sandyman

Partly. And also because of the timing. No reason to sort this deal out just yet. In my view, given the injury issues, it makes sense to have exercised the 5th year and done this long term deal next year.

He’s obviously talented and I do think he can play at his peak level but there’s just still too big of a risk either way to pay this up so soon. It’s not the money, more the timing. He was always going to have to be paid a big amount, just think it should have waited.
Maybe they think the QB prices will continue to skyrocket. A big risk for sure, but if he maintains a near-MVP level, it will be seen as a good deal.

If you look at it over 6 years, it's just 154 million with a max of 170 million. 66 million guaranteed on signing though.

RoadTrip

Maybe they think the QB prices will continue to skyrocket. A big risk for sure, but if he maintains a near-MVP level, it will be seen as a good deal.

If you look at it over 6 years, it's just 154 million with a max of 170 million. 66 million guaranteed on signing though.
It’s not “just” though in my view. His contract per annum is only marginally less than Wilson’s contract.

Not to mention, 66 guaranteed on signing but 107 guaranteed over the whole deal. That 107 is the most guaranteed to an NFL player in history.

I agree though if he pans out and can stay healthy and play at that peak level, it’s definitely a perfectly fine deal. But the issue for me is just the uncertainty.

I’m just saying if I was the GM and it was viable, I would have preferred to defer the deal now and in a years time, if everything worked out, end up paying him 10 even 20% more.

Sandyman

It’s not “just” though in my view. His contract per annum is only marginally less than Wilson’s contract.

Not to mention, 66 guaranteed on signing but 107 guaranteed over the whole deal. That 107 is the most guaranteed to an NFL player in history.

I agree though if he pans out and can stay healthy and play at that peak level, it’s definitely a perfectly fine deal. But the issue for me is just the uncertainty.

I’m just saying if I was the GM and it was viable, I would have preferred to defer the deal now and in a years time, if everything worked out, end up paying him 10 even 20% more.
That's Howie for you though. Being aggressive is his motto, although time will tell if this was madness. Isn't Mahomes due an extension next year? Be interesting to say how much he gets paid.

RoadTrip

That's Howie for you though. Being aggressive is his motto, although time will tell if this was madness. Isn't Mahomes due an extension next year? Be interesting to say how much he gets paid.
If he has another MVP calibre year it’s impossible to not pay him the biggest bucks I recon.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Here's the player Larry Allen became, arguably the most dominate blocker in league history. That Packers game starts around 4:00. Reggie got by Allen (rookie season) early on but was held in check in the second half when Garrett (third string QB, first string ginger) went nuclear on GB's secondary; then denied him in the playoffs a couple months later. Around the 7:00 mark was when Allen chased down Conner in an incredible display of freak athleticism.