NFL Thread 2019

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
A dynasty league sounds interesting. How much would you be wanting to buy in?
We did 20 bucks last year and I didnt think that was enough. I finished 4th in my work league and got considerably more than I did for finishing 2nd in the caf league. Also PayPal fees ate into the 20 bucks too much. I'd recommend 100 because then you can do things like give money to each weeks top scorer and stuff too. 50 would be the minimum I think.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
We did 20 bucks last year and I didnt think that was enough. I finished 4th in my work league and got considerably more than I did for finishing 2nd in the caf league. Also PayPal fees ate into the 20 bucks too much. I'd recommend 100 because then you can do things like give money to each weeks top scorer and stuff too. 50 would be the minimum I think.
Hmmm, I'd possibly be interested at $50 but $100 is a bit steep for a fantasy league tbh.

Sandyman

I dont need help to run a free league because I'm not going to run a free league. But it's only hard if you have unreliable people in the league. Chasing them around for the various things you need is annoying.

That's why I would only do a paid league since it will self select people who are less of a hassle.
So setting it up is quite easy? It's just the participants who are the problem?

Eboue

Well, technically I volunteered to help you

How long does a dynasty league run? Till everyone has enough?
Pretty much. You can do it different ways too. The most basic is just you have one big draft at the beginning and then you only draft rookies. Another way is you have the big draft at the beginning and then next year you can choose only 9 or 10 or whatever players on your team to protect and everyone unprotected goes into free agency or a draft and you bid or select and then have a combined ie separate draft for rookies only.

Its lots of fun, just need commited people. And the money is more just to ensure that people stick around more than it is about the money. Without no investment, people will just say "ah my team sucks forget it" and then the league is full of inactive people and falls apart.

Sandyman

Pretty much. You can do it different ways too. The most basic is just you have one big draft at the beginning and then you only draft rookies. Another way is you have the big draft at the beginning and then next year you can choose only 9 or 10 or whatever players on your team to protect and everyone unprotected goes into free agency or a draft and you bid or select and then have a combined ie separate draft for rookies only.

Its lots of fun, just need commited people. And the money is more just to ensure that people stick around more than it is about the money. Without no investment, people will just say "ah my team sucks forget it" and then the league is full of inactive people and falls apart.
Sounds fun and exactly the kind of thing I will suck at :lol:
$50 should be enough to get people to pay attention.

Eboue

Yes. You keep the same players (or a set number of the same players) year after year. So Tom Brady isnt worth as much because hes old and kisses his son on the lips but Josh Rosen is worth more because hes young and hip.

Yes. You keep the same players (or a set number of the same players) year after year. So Tom Brady isnt worth as much because hes old and kisses his son on the lips but Josh Rosen is worth more because hes young and hip.
And that is on ESPN and free to play
Usually one of two leagues, one drafted on a Saturday; the other on the Sunday

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I would be keen on a dynasty league.

My only issue with it is if you have a particularly bad opening draft it could essentially ruin it to play because it’s difficult to get yourself back to being decent.

But I guess one way around that is the free agency method you were talking about perhaps. Dunno.

Either way I’d be keen. Is it $50 at start or each year?

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Will you bitches set up a fantasy football thread.

You're ruining the NFL chat. Don't make me get physical.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Would be yearly. You can prevent the original draft from having too much of an impact with extra rules.
Yearly might be a bit steep). Perhaps something lower, say $25? Also, there’s a group on here who is very committed and has played every year (at least that I have), I think with the right people you’ll get decent commitment. Plus if anyone becomes a non participating bitch how easy is it to get them replaced?

Eboue

Yearly might be a bit steep). Perhaps something lower, say $25? Also, there’s a group on here who is very committed and has played every year (at least that I have), I think with the right people you’ll get decent commitment. Plus if anyone becomes a non participating bitch how easy is it to get them replaced?
I mean I dont think we are going to get enough to begin with, will be even harder to replace someone midstream.

CookieMonster

Supports
FC Bayern München
I'm out concerning a money dynasty league. I'm just not that great at fantasy football :wenger:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I've never been in a dynasty but I'd be happy with anything. Money league preferably.

Put me on the list!

Eboue

1. Eboue
  2. Radon
  3. Rpitroda
  4. Utdfrom2002
  5. JJ12
  6. Altodevil
  7. Back of the net
  8. Man of Leisure
  9. JJ12's friend
  10. Florida Man

Not sure if I missed anyone. Again this would be a yearly commitment, minimum $50 (each year).

Last edited:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
  1. Eboue
  2. Radon
  3. Rpitroda
  4. Utdfrom2002
  5. JJ12
  6. Altodevil
  7. Back of the net
Not sure if I missed anyone. Again this would be a yearly commitment, minimum $50 (each year).
My mate will play again if he can too. Has no problem with the fee

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Already doing a dynasty league, just had our first rookie draft after our first season finished. Love it though. So many more dimensions to it in terms of trading for future picks, selling older short term assets for multiple first rounders, etc. Especially close to the draft, everyone will want to start having a piece of a high pick rookie, so theyll start spending loads for a high pick even if they didn't value it before. Having a bad draft really isn't a death sentence because if you finish last, you get 1.01 and then suddenly you can draft a Baker Mayfield or Saquon Barkley (depending on needs) and have a great team all of a sudden.
We do a superflex league, 3 normal flex, 1 SF, 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, no defence/kickers because that's pretty dumb for dynasty IMO. Basically a 2 qb league just added flexibility if you dont have a competent 2nd QB but stacked otherwise. Helps having 2 startable QBs though.

Definitely recommend, though only interested in doing the one. 2 would be overkill.
My 3 rookies were A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel and Daniel Jones with my last pick for the memes.