NFL Thread 2019

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Sutton is one of my picks for a big jump this season.

What about Hamilton? I've heard his route running is something else or am I ill-advised?
Whoops forgot him, yea his route running and separation is fantastic but he's not very quick. He got to show a bit of what he's capable of when Sanders got injured last year but he was making do with Keenum so it's hard to judge really.

Sanders looks to be on target to start week one, and I'd have Hamilton behind Sutton as things stand but there's a way to go yet and either way he'll get chances for sure.

There's definitely a lot of things to be excited about, I just have to hope that Flacco is a significant upgrade on what we've had the last few years. He's definitely a step up, but I'm not sure how big of one yet.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Whoops forgot him, yea his route running and separation is fantastic but he's not very quick. He got to show a bit of what he's capable of when Sanders got injured last year but he was making do with Keenum so it's hard to judge really.

Sanders looks to be on target to start week one, and I'd have Hamilton behind Sutton as things stand but there's a way to go yet and either way he'll get chances for sure.

There's definitely a lot of things to be excited about, I just have to hope that Flacco is a significant upgrade on what we've had the last few years. He's definitely a step up, but I'm not sure how big of one yet.
I think Flacco has it in him to still be a very, very good quarterback. Of all the recent Bronco moves at QB, I quite like this one the most (not saying much given the others, mind). It’s easy to forget how good he was when at his peak with the Ravens.

I think Flacco won’t himself lift an entire offence but the difference for me is if you give him an offence that suits him and ask him to manage the game, he’s probably one of the better “game manager” type QBs around who can make all the throws and has the experience to avoid costly mistakes.

The risk though is whether his dip in form is a culmination of all his injuries or simply whether he just hasn’t had the team around him. The Ravens have struggled at receiver for a long long time.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I think Flacco has it in him to still be a very, very good quarterback. Of all the recent Bronco moves at QB, I quite like this one the most (not saying much given the others, mind). It’s easy to forget how good he was when at his peak with the Ravens.

I think Flacco won’t himself lift an entire offence but the difference for me is if you give him an offence that suits him and ask him to manage the game, he’s probably one of the better “game manager” type QBs around who can make all the throws and has the experience to avoid costly mistakes.

The risk though is whether his dip in form is a culmination of all his injuries or simply whether he just hasn’t had the team around him. The Ravens have struggled at receiver for a long long time.
I hope you're right, we have some good looking options at TE too and Flacco seems to love a good TE.

We've also got a double threat at RB which should allow us to mix things up and make us hard to read.

I dunno, I always get giddy around this time of year and then the last few years by week 5 it's gone to shit. I guess we'll see!

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I hope you're right, we have some good looking options at TE too and Flacco seems to love a good TE.

We've also got a double threat at RB which should allow us to mix things up and make us hard to read.

I dunno, I always get giddy around this time of year and then the last few years by week 5 it's gone to shit. I guess we'll see!
That’s the best part of the NFL though! Everyone gets giddy at this time of the year!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I hope the Broncos ditch Flacco asap and start Lock from then on, but can't see it happening unfortunately. Also can't see them making it to the POs in that division. Sanders is done imo after his latest injury, and while I like Sutton I'm not sure he's able to be a WR1 if Hamilton is the other WR. Really like Fant too from what I've seen but TEs tend to need some time to adjust to the NFL (don't know much about his blocking so not sure how much he'll be involved early on). Their best chance at success is Lindsay running wild again but that'll be harder than last year probably. Think they'll be 3-5 after 8 games and just plow on from there to 6-10 / 7-9 or so.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I hope the Broncos ditch Flacco asap and start Lock from then on, but can't see it happening unfortunately. Also can't see them making it to the POs in that division. Sanders is done imo after his latest injury, and while I like Sutton I'm not sure he's able to be a WR1 if Hamilton is the other WR. Really like Fant too from what I've seen but TEs tend to need some time to adjust to the NFL (don't know much about his blocking so not sure how much he'll be involved early on). Their best chance at success is Lindsay running wild again but that'll be harder than last year probably.
How come? Lock's nowhere near ready yet.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
How come? Lock's nowhere near ready yet.
Flacco is so uninspiring though, just like Keenum was last year. I'd rather sit through some tough times and make sure he's ready sooner rather than having to watch a full season of Flacco at the helm.

Tbh I don't know much about Lock but heard he has starting potential (in the future then probably).

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Flacco is so uninspiring though, just like Keenum was last year. I'd rather sit through some tough times and make sure he's ready sooner rather than having to watch a full season of Flacco at the helm.

Tbh I don't know much about Lock but heard he has starting potential (in the future then probably).
I know where you're coming from but I'm hoping he's a sufficient improvement over Keenum to make good use of the offensive tools around him, not to mention the improvements to the o-line and coaching.

Our coaching was criminal the last two years, and screwed us so many times. I wasn't particularly in favour of the Fangio appointment but one thing is for sure is that we'll get the fundamentals right this year and his game management will be leagues better than Joseph's.

I think Lock needs at least a season to learn, kinda like Goff did.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I expect Zeke will get paid. As good as Dak-Amari combo was at the end of last season, they’re reliant on Zeke to set-up the game with his running & he’s becoming better at catching too.

Cannot wait for NFL to return.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Anyone here who buys the game pass can it be shared around between people without any issues ?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Hopkins at 11 is criminal, must not be very popular amongst his peers.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I've only been vaguely following it, are any top receivers left to be above him?
Julio and AB. I mean, I could understand if you argue they're better receivers than Nuk, especially Julio, but no way they had a better year than him. Both have less receptions on more targets (Nuk had zero drops on 115 catches), Julio had less TDs, AB had a lot less yards... It's criminal. Barkley should've been top 10 as well imo.

I know it's not really representative (as you say wrt Chris Harris for example), but still...

The top 10 gets revealed tomorrow, in alfabetical order: Brady, Brees, Brown, Donald, Gurley, Jones, Mack, Mahomes, Miller, Rodgers. If Brady gets #1 again I think I might self-combust.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Julio and AB. I mean, I could understand if you argue they're better receivers than Nuk, especially Julio, but no way they had a better year than him. Both have less receptions on more targets (Nuk had zero drops on 115 catches), Julio had less TDs, AB had a lot less yards... It's criminal. Barkley should've been top 10 as well imo.

I know it's not really representative (as you say wrt Chris Harris for example), but still...

The top 10 gets revealed tomorrow, in alfabetical order: Brady, Brees, Brown, Donald, Gurley, Jones, Mack, Mahomes, Miller, Rodgers. If Brady gets #1 again I think I might self-combust.
Yea for my money Nuk is quite comfortably the best receiver in the league, certainly on form. His zero drops stat is utterly mental and some of his catches were outrageous.

It's basically a reputation exercise, and we all know Brady will get #1 which is absolutely laughable.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
5-year, $100m contract extension for Michael Thomas, first non-QB offensive player to ink a $100m deal.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Brown is still the best receiver in my eyes.. he does everything great
Except being a good teammate. His diva attitude really got on my nerves last seaon.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Brown is still the best receiver in my eyes.. he does everything great
All about personal opinion but id have Julio and Hopkins over him.

3 amazing WR's regardless

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Julio Jones is one of the best receivers of all-time. I have him higher than Brown.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
NUK pacifiers were the only pacifiers he would accept as a baby/child. He got the nickname from his mother and it stuck :D

Top 10 of the NFL Top 100 for anyone interested by the way:

1. Donald
2. Brees
3. Mack
4. Mahomes
5. Gurley
6. Brady
7. Brown
8. Rodgers
9. Julio
10. Miller

Deserved #1 for Donald, most dominant and unique player in the league right now. Brees is too high imo, didn't even get 4k yards, is not asked to throw that much anymore, "only" 32 TDs, got carried by the rest of his team in the second half of the season. I'd also switch Julio and AB (and have Nuk over them both but oh well). I'd probably have it as:

1. Donald
2. Mahomes
3. Gurley
4. Hopkins
5. Mack
6. Julio
7. Brees
8. Miller
9. Watt
10. Zeke

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It's based more on reputation rather than current level
It depends. Donald definitely deserves to be #1, no question about that. Brady, while not on the level that he used to be, still won the Super Bowl last season which needs to be factored in, and it's already pointed out that Brees was in the MVP conversation right until Week 14 or so.

Mahomes immediately cracks the top 5, Barkley the top 20, Derwin James was one of the highest ranked safeties, so if you play well you'll immediately feature, but I agree that once you're up there with the best, you'll almost get voted in the top places by default, e.g. AB is a perfect example of that for me. Rodgers, too, even though he had 25 TDs and 2 INTs last season, had a bit of a down year for me and there were much more deserving players of a top 10 spot than him.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Hope Pats are getting Trent Williams

altodevil

Brady won the superbowl playing like shit. Yet another reason why wins/rings mean nothing. He shouldn't be anywhere near 6th.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Brady won the superbowl playing like shit. Yet another reason why wins/rings mean nothing. He shouldn't be anywhere near 6th.
Rings obviously are important, especially for QBs who are by far and away the most important players of a team. Brady is an integral part of what the Pats have been doing the last two decades and without him they wouldn't have won it, even though he isn't as good anymore as he used to be.

altodevil

Rings obviously are important, especially for QBs who are by far and away the most important players of a team. Brady is an integral part of what the Pats have been doing the last two decades and without him they wouldn't have won it, even though he isn't as good anymore as he used to be.
Perhaps. But when you could plug-in 10/15 other QB's into his situation and win a similar amount, you have to question that logic.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Not really . Rodgers shouldn't be anywhere near top 10
Yeah, he was terrible last season, with his two interceptions.
Rodgers was still easily a top QB last season. I'm starting to think the standards he set for himself are so damn high, that he's actually underrated by now.