NFL Thread 2019

Hephaestus

I'm ok with that, couldn't keep him, Wagner and Reed now Wilson has been paid and getting a first round in return (plus a second next year even if it will be a late second in all likelihood) is huge. Gives us so much more room to play with in this draft considering we only had 4 picks before this, now we've got two first rounders we can trade down.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Frank Clark is really good don't get me wrong but that's a bit of a rich trade and contract.

Phil

I didn't want to lose him but it was inevitable with those demands and Wagner and Reed's contacts coming up.

This haul will certainly help ease that pain.. And 12 picks for next year.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Frank Clark is really good don't get me wrong but that's a bit of a rich trade and contract.
I’m with you. That’s insane draft capital more than anything. The contract, meh, every Tom Dick and Harry seems to be getting paid these days. But that’s a steep price, especially when there is a rich defensive class a couple days away.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

I'm ok with that, couldn't keep him, Wagner and Reed now Wilson has been paid and getting a first round in return (plus a second next year even if it will be a late second in all likelihood) is huge. Gives us so much more room to play with in this draft considering we only had 4 picks before this, now we've got two first rounders we can trade down.
Is that a good deal for the Chiefs? For that price you can move up and pick one of the top DL rookies who will be on a rookie contract.

mav_9me

Couldn't they have used the same deal to move up this draft a bit higher and get somebody good on a rookie scale? I guess not as good but cheaper?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

HTG

Supports
Bayern
That’s a horrible trade and contract for the Chiefs.

Hephaestus

Is that a good deal for the Chiefs? For that price you can move up and pick one of the top DL rookies who will be on a rookie contract.
Guessing they are thinking that given they have a couple of years of Mahomes on a rookie deal, better to spend more on a proven player who can guarantee 10+ sacks next year than gamble on a rookie. Still think it's a poor deal for them though.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Can't wait to see how badly Gruden and Mayock feck up the draft for the Raiders. I'm guessing they either needlessly trade up for one of the poor QB's in the draft, or trade out of 4th spot, miss out on a premier pass rusher in the quest to get day 2 picks, and end up with more receivers and o-line. Still going to wait up to watch it... or at least the first half dozen picks

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Fecking drama queen with his retirement bullshit every other year. I hope they finish last in the AFC North.

gormless

So I am currently sat at Nashville airport (gf’s cousin wedding) and a massive guy in blue tracksuit with an orange tiger on (tanned skin, looked almost Samoan) walked past with cameras following him as he talked about it being a blessing to be drafted into the league. Any ideas?

From his build, possibly a lineman

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
On January 17, 2015, the Buffalo Bills reached a two-year deal with Kromer to be the team's new offensive line coach.[8] He was later suspended for 6 games by the Buffalo Bills after punching a child in the face, throwing his fishing pole in the lake, then threatening to kill his entire family.[9]

:lol:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
That contract for Ben is ridiculous.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I usually stay up for the draft, but can't this year due to work. Anyone know anywhere I can rewatch/download spoiler-free?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
“Ass eatin’ season” - popularized by the Barstool Sports website
Ah... 'season.'

There's Kyler. Was a first for two different consecutive Heisman winners from the same school, now 2 consecutive first-overall picks. Replicating all that will take some doing...