NFL Thread 2019

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Makes some sense for the Titans, Mariota is way too injury prone so now they have a much better backup than Blaine Gabbert. Then by the time Tannehill gets his inevitable injury, Mariota should be back.
Yeah I guess, where does it leave the Fins though?

Hephaestus

Yeah I guess, where does it leave the Fins though?
As @bucky says, either trade up and grab someone like Murray or just get a scrub for a year so they can tank and pick up Tagovailoa or Herbert, I suspect the latter. With Tannehill they were stuck in the mediocraty area, they've been between 6-10 and 8-8 every year but one since drafting him, no point keeping that cycle going.

Hephaestus

So he's being investigated over his son's broken arm. Is this the son his girlfriend was pregnant with when he choked her?

Hephaestus

Dolphins have agreed terms with Fitzpatrick. Assuming they are going to tank next year, only issue is he might be competent enough that they stumble to 6-10 or something.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Dolphins have agreed terms with Fitzpatrick. Assuming they are going to tank next year, only issue is he might be competent enough that they stumble to 6-10 or something.
They will be terrible next year. Tua will be their only hope.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I doubt that the Patriots offered him the same contract, he currently earns more than Edelman and the Pats aren't generous with these type of players. It's weird how tense he seems to be though.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
If Haskins was white, would he be going #1?
He needs to improve on some basic mechanics as he has limited experience. If this were last year’s QB class he probably would’ve stayed in college, and many think he should’ve anyway this year.

It’s telling that someone who also is a 1-year starter but is under 6’ tall may go ahead of him. He’s also not white...

Edit: “also is”? ‘is also’? I think that might be backwards but I’m drawing a blank here...

Last edited:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I can't remember the last OSU QB prospect that did well in the NFL. Plus the fact that Haskins only started one season. I'm pessimistic about him. Sadly, this isn't a great year for QBs in the draft.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
A fantastic player who has been integral to our success. Expected that he would retire with all the injuries. I’m sure he’s got plenty of other stuff lined up.

freeurmind

weak willed
2nd best TE ever? All I remember is him getting out-jumped by Chase Blackburn of all people during a SB. Just kidding of course, Gronk was a beast, impossible to cover and a great run blocker too. Completely nuts but one of the best to ever do it. Hope he enjoys retirement and stays healthy.

gormless

2nd best TE ever? All I remember is him getting out-jumped by Chase Blackburn of all people during a SB. Just kidding of course, Gronk was a beast, impossible to cover and a great run blocker too. Completely nuts but one of the best to ever do it. Hope he enjoys retirement and stays healthy.

Whilst I appreciate the white text, I still think Pats win that Super Bowl if Gronk wasn't playing on one ankle. He was so so limited in that game.

In terms of his retirement, I didn't think he would this year. He seemed a lot more positive this off season than last off season. Bit gutted. I've been watching NFL seriously for 10 years, and occasionally watching games before that, and in that period I haven't seen a better tight end. Uncoverable for about 5 or 6 years

sidsutton

Bummed about Gronk retiring. He was my favourite player. Did he do enough in his career to be first ballot HOF or he needed more longevity?

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
First ballot for me too.

It’s amazing to think that someone of Gronk’s calibrate and notoriety could have an overlooked skill, but whilst known and recognised, his run blocking ability is still somewhat missed when thinking about how good he was. Your first instinct is always to think about his craziness and playmaking ability in the air which is why it’s so easy to forget that he was a pure all rounded tight end.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
First ballot for me too.

It’s amazing to think that someone of Gronk’s calibrate and notoriety could have an overlooked skill, but whilst known and recognised, his run blocking ability is still somewhat missed when thinking about how good he was. Your first instinct is always to think about his craziness and playmaking ability in the air which is why it’s so easy to forget that he was a pure all rounded tight end.
Agreed... his run blocking was vital in defeating the Chargers this year in the playoffs & as you say, it often goes unnoticed. One of the best all-round players & someone who will be a big loss for our offense.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
First ballot for me too.

Agreed... his run blocking was vital in defeating the Chargers this year in the playoffs & as you say, it often goes unnoticed. One of the best all-round players & someone who will be a big loss for our offense.
Do you reckon you might go for Hockenson or Fant now?