NFL Thread 2019

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Do you reckon you might go for Hockenson or Fant now?
It’s so difficult to know what BB will do. Nowadays though it’s rare to get the playmaking and run blocking ability in one. I suspect we will probably reinvent how we use the TE position, compensate with players in other areas and pick up a solid run blocking TE and look at another TE for pass catching ability. Whether we do it in the draft will purely depend on our evaluation of the guys there (stating the obvious I know).

RoadTrip

Agreed... his run blocking was vital in defeating the Chargers this year in the playoffs & as you say, it often goes unnoticed. One of the best all-round players & someone who will be a big loss for our offense.
Yep. Huge loss. When you think about him just being on the field opened to the entire play book as you simply didn’t know if we were running, passing, or going to do a play action. Without that multiple threat aspect, the unpredicatabioity is a huge less.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
All offensive and defensive pass interference calls, as well as non-calls, can be challenged as from next season. The vote was 31-1 in favour.

This will be fun, and by fun I mean a complete clusterfeck unless it's implemented correctly and applied in a consistent manner by referees.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Shame the onside kick alternative proposed by the Broncos was shot down, that would have been good imo.

The change last year made onside kicks almost impossible.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Shouldn't we know by now who will be the focus of All or Nothing for the last season?

Hephaestus

Shouldn't we know by now who will be the focus of All or Nothing for the last season?
Yeah, last year it was announced at the start of March so I don't know why it's so late this year.

Jordy Nelson has decided to retire. Guessing he'll sign a one day deal to retire as a Packer.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Shame the onside kick alternative proposed by the Broncos was shot down, that would have been good imo.

It's the only viable alternative I've heard for replacing the inside kick, which is the only thing holding the NFL back from getting rid of kickoffs entirely.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

I quite liked their proposed idea. Disappointing it wasn't implemented as an onside kick hardly works with the current rules.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
The onside kick rules need to be revisited again, the proposed rule was not good imo and not fair.

Hephaestus

Greg Schiano has quit as the Patriots defensive coordinator already, claiming he needs to "spend more time on my faith and family". Weird situation.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Draft in a month, preseason in four months. Still got European footy and even MLS but June to July can be so dull in the US sporting world. Meanwhile...

Nation Already Sick Of Baseball
WASHINGTON—With the MLB season still less than a week old, millions of weary Americans across the country confirmed Wednesday that they were already sick of baseball. “Three innings into opening day and I was completely bored to death,” said 36-year-old Michael Simpkins, echoing the sentiment of the entire U.S. populace while expressing that he could not wait for the tedious MLB season to finally end. “I was sort of excited before the game, but once they started playing I immediately realized that I couldn’t take one more second of this unwatchable shit.” At press time, the nation was reportedly reading articles on the NFL Draft and asked reporters to let them know who won the World Series.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay
So apparently Rodgers and McCarthy couldn't stand each other, which is hardly news. But more interesting is how utterly clueless McCarthy seems to be. The fact that he would get massages while his assistants did the teammeetings is stunning, though. And what did Ted Thompson do during all this? He fell asleep during meetings. What a dysfunctional mess.
While Rodgers comes across as a difficult guy, McCarthy looks like an absolute trainwreck of a coach.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Serious feud between JuJu en AB on Twitter.

Brown comes across as a self-centered asshole tbh, starting to really dislike him.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Pats signed Seferian-Jenkins yesterday. Guess that means they won't go for Hockenson or Fant in the draft.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Pats signed Seferian-Jenkins yesterday. Guess that means they won't go for Hockenson or Fant in the draft.
Don't think they ever had a shot at Hockenson. Can't see him on the board after the Packers at 12.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Don't think they ever had a shot at Hockenson. Can't see him on the board after the Packers at 12.
Think they have the most picks in this draft so could've traded up but agreed that it was unlikely yeah.

Hephaestus

Thank god for that. Was starting to get worried it wouldn't get done before the deadline and we'd have months of NY talk or worse, us actually trading him away.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Cringe Instragram vid from Russell.

So Russell consumed 26%* of last season's cap, how much does he project going forward through 2023?

*figure I vaguely recall being mentioned somewhere on a sports segment yesterday.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Think they have the most picks in this draft so could've traded up but agreed that it was unlikely yeah.
Amazing they win the Superbowl but have so many picks (the exact opposite of what the draft was meant to do)... mix of trades and compensatory picks. I don't really get them.

Browns have a few too, less since they took Beckham. Hoping Mayfield has more targets in 19/20.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Any leaks of the schedule coming out tonight?

RoadTrip

I always thought SB champs kicked season off? But then can’t shake the thought that I remember that changing recently.

Anyway, so long until Sept 5! Packs Bears should be a good starting match.

Pats schedule is friendly.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I always thought SB champs kicked season off? But then can’t shake the thought that I remember that changing recently.

Anyway, so long until Sept 5! Packs Bears should be a good starting match.

Pats schedule is friendly.
Think it's different this season as for the 100th season they wanted two original teams to kick off.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
First round of the draft in two days... Do we still reckon Murray is off to the Cards? I wonder where Rosen will end up if so - maybe the Pats would take a punt on him?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Never been less excited for a draft.
Like they were saying on the DP show the other day, if it weren't for Kyler this would be a remarkably boring draft. A DT might be the best prospect, kinda like an OG (Nelson) was last year (but now without the top-end QBs) .

The intrigue ends at either #1 or #4, unless you're a Giants fan wondering about a QB.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
First round of the draft in two days... Do we still reckon Murray is off to the Cards? I wonder where Rosen will end up if so - maybe the Pats would take a punt on him?
I have a feeling the Giants and Broncos might be interested in him.
I for one am excited. First time I ever get to see the Packers pick before the 20's. While we're at it, at what time can the 12th overall pick be expected? About 90 minutes into the first round is realistic, right?