NFL Thread 2019

roseguy64

Too many mistakes tonight. Game was always going to be close and we just messed up uncharacteristically.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
A lot of mistakes but it’s not just down to that. We are not as good as our stats and scores say because our schedule so far has been ridiculously easy. It was obvious (at least it was to me) but this result made that apparent too.

Hopefully we learn and build from here.

RoadTrip

Now that Jackson has really progressed as a pocket passer, it completely elevates his dynamism. You now can’t adjust to a run defence imbalance because he can equally kill you through the air. It makes him a true multi-threat QB.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I couldn’t imagine it either.
Look how desperate you were to be right :lol:

Well done mate.

They gave us their best, I'd be confident of us having a better gamep to beat them come play off time.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Look how desperate you were to be right :lol:

Well done mate.

They gave us their best, I'd be confident of us having a better gamep to beat them come play off time.
They needed just one good opponent to show that they’re nowhere near the historic defense some people and most social media made them out to be. They’re not even the best one in the league for me.

Agreed that the POs could be a different story. Just glad Lamar dropped 30 on them.

RoadTrip

They needed just one good opponent to show that they’re nowhere near the historic defense some people and most social media made them out to be. They’re not even the best one in the league for me.

Agreed that the POs could be a different story. Just glad Lamar dropped 30 on them.
Anyone who said that is a muppet though - it was clear as day for anyone actually watching the games that that wasn’t the case. A very good defence? Yes definitely. Best in the league? Probably not. Historically great? Definitely not.

Yesterday’s result showed that but let’s be honest though, anyone sensible was never saying those things in the first place.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

HTG

Supports
Bayern
There are rumours the Chargers might be moved to London. Would make more sense than LA.

Hephaestus

Jags have decided to go back to Foles after their bye week, guessing Minshew's struggle against the Texans made it a lot easier to make that call.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Once the trade deadline went without them trading him it was a no brainer imo . They are paying him far too much to keep him on the bench . Foles is still the better QB imo

drdoityourself

Cam placed on IR. Feels like the end for him at Carolina. He's probably the first player who really got me hooked on this sport. Knowing nothing we made a fantasy league and he was my QB. This was his MVP season. The things he did at his size were phenomenal. For that i will be forever grateful.

He's been banged up, unfortunately so much that maybe he'll never be a franchise QB caliber player again. Hope this prolonged rest will do him good.

The hate he's getting from fans of the sport seems very uneducated and vile. Lots of the same things he's accused of as Pogba. Not caring, disruptive and lazy when all reports are to the contrary.

Hephaestus

That final drive from the Chargers was one of the worst I've ever seen. Rivers was terrible all game but somehow managed to get worse at the end.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Amazingly the Raiders might actually end up better than .500. Next two games are the Bengals and the Jets, which hopefully will take us to 7-4, and with the Broncos, Cardinals and Chargers still to come, there's a pretty decent chance of a much better season than I was expecting.

GloryHunter07

Amazingly the Raiders might actually end up better than .500. Next two games are the Bengals and the Jets, which hopefully will take us to 7-4, and with the Broncos, Cardinals and Chargers still to come, there's a pretty decent chance of a much better season than I was expecting.
I think we are outperforming our talent a little at the moment but cant complain! Josh Jacobs has been fantastic.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not particularly surprising given that they have a Super Bowl winning coach who understands the franchise, fans, and history. Still, pretty remarkable that he has them doing relatively well so soon after losing Mack and Cooper.

backofthenet

He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
I think we are outperforming our talent a little at the moment but cant complain! Josh Jacobs has been fantastic.
Agree with this. We definitely have a suspect secondary at this point, a (slowly) developing defensive line, and not the most talented group of receivers, but a pretty damn good o-line, an excellent rookie RB, and ok QB play has got us to a decent position at this point.
Not particularly surprising given that they have a Super Bowl winning coach who understands the franchise, fans, and history. Still, pretty remarkable that he has them doing relatively well so soon after losing Mack and Cooper.
To be honest we're still missing what Cooper and Mack would give us, but the draft capital we got for it appears to have been well spent so far (who knows on Abram but hopes are high) and we've got another 2 first round picks in next years draft also. If we can get a WR1 and more of a pass-rush I think we'll surprise a few in the next couple of years.

ha_rooney

Big game for the Pats. Need to bounce back after last week. I expect us to win, but should be a close one.

ha_rooney

Eh?

If you’re referring to the Eagles game I hope you know that’s next week :lol:

We are on a bye this week!
oh feck I didn’t realise!!! Looked on the ESPN app that said Eagles next but didn’t check the date :lol: