NFL Thread 2019

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
@Rado_N how did you let Kubiak and Dennison leave Broncos' buildings? Seeing their work from up close I don't understand why some Broncos fans were happy to see them go and why Elway allegedly refused to see the gang be reunited.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
@Rado_N how did you let Kubiak and Dennison leave Broncos' buildings? Seeing their work from up close I don't understand why some Broncos fans were happy to see them go and why Elway allegedly refused to see the gang be reunited.
I can't remember the exact details but Kubiak was meant to be coming back as OC but then it fell apart. He initially stepped down as HC because of his health.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I can't remember the exact details but Kubiak was meant to be coming back as OC but then it fell apart. He initially stepped down as HC because of his health.
Apparently Elway and Fangio wanted Kubiak but not Kubiak Jr, Dennison and Pariani, aka The Kubiak Mafia.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
This Niners team is for real. Last week sorta confirmed it for me. Tough three week stretch coming up in a few weeks though (Packers, Ravens, Saints). We'll find out then if they're a real Super Bowl contender.

Charlie Foley

My favourite win in many years. Short turnaround, walking wounded, first time our defence is struggling, Jimmy G pulls it out of the bag. A much needed rest now until Seahawks game. We could really use a bye week-I don’t like having them so early in the season.

Juice Check should be back next week and our team are finding different ways to win games. We’ve won 5 times on the road. I know we have a brutal run on paper coming up but we have a lot of those at home. Saints, Seahawks and Ravens games are the big ones

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
My favourite win in many years. Short turnaround, walking wounded, first time our defence is struggling, Jimmy G pulls it out of the bag. A much needed rest now until Seahawks game. We could really use a bye week-I don’t like having them so early in the season.

Juice Check should be back next week and our team are finding different ways to win games. We’ve won 5 times on the road. I know we have a brutal run on paper coming up but we have a lot of those at home. Saints, Seahawks and Ravens games are the big ones
Deebo Couldn’t catch a bloody cold tonight and our defence might have struggled to stop a very slow moving snail. But jimmy G carried us through, he was superb.

We were also helped out by two boneheaded call by their HC. The second one challenging that late first down call and wasting one of his last two time outs was plain idiotic. Even if it was overturned we’d have been 4th and inches.

Charlie Foley

Deebo Couldn’t catch a bloody cold tonight and our defence might have struggled to stop a very slow moving snail. But jimmy G carried us through, he was superb.

We were also helped out by two boneheaded call by their HC. The second one challenging that late first down call and wasting one of his last two time outs was plain idiotic. Even if it was overturned we’d have been 4th and inches.
There’s a big question of what we would have done if it was overturned. I think I would have said to force it up the middle. Huge relief as it made the out of bounds run worth while. Ultimately that call was immaterial as they didn’t get the stop they needed later on the drive.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
There’s a big question of what we would have done if it was overturned. I think I would have said to force it up the middle. Huge relief as it made the out of bounds run worth while. Ultimately that call was immaterial as they didn’t get the stop they needed later on the drive.
I think we’d have gone for the QB sneak, but if I was him I’d have kept the challenge flag and tried to get the stop with 2 timeouts to use.

Anyway, as you say it doesn’t matter now because we got over the line and sit pretty at 8-0!

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Really enjoyed that game! Love that we have been able to win games in so many different ways. We have won when our offense has been stuttering, we have won in awful conditions, we have won close games, we have blown teams out...and yesterday we won even though our D wasn't it's usual dominant self and Jimmy G took us to a W :)

Plus we have done this despite having a number of players out injured.

So good to have a longer rest before our next game, and we should be getting a number of players back very soon so bring on Seattle!!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Really enjoyed that game! Love that we have been able to win games in so many different ways. We have won when our offense has been stuttering, we have won in awful conditions, we have won close games, we have blown teams out...and yesterday we won even though our D wasn't it's usual dominant self and Jimmy G took us to a W :)

Plus we have done this despite having a number of players out injured.

So good to have a longer rest before our next game, and we should be getting a number of players back very soon so bring on Seattle!!
Kwon Alexander might be out for the year though? Big blow if true. I think this Niners D is good and legit, but not 17 Jags or 18 Bears good. Jimmy G is also good but not great and too inconsistent. I’d still rank you behind the Saints and Packers in the NFC, probably on par with the Seahawks and Vikings. Your next few weeks will be interesting.

I fecking love Nick Bosa btw. What a player, criminal that he wasn’t #1 overall.

Hephaestus

Josh Gordon to Seattle
Surprised he fell all the way to us but I'm quite happy. Lockett is great and DK has done really well in his rookie season but I have no faith in our other receivers.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good luck to Gordon. Was reading that there were some concerns recently with him turning up late/missing meetings/not putting in the effort, so I'm hoping he's not going to fall back into his old ways.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'

0 completions beyond the line of scrimmage
I don't understand. I really don't. Matt Nagy is clearly not an idiot. Trubisky sucks but was a first round pick. I've seen Matt Barkley complete passes downfield, how on earth can't the Bears?

freeurmind

weak willed
Can't the Panthers find some 7th round pick RB to fill in for Mccaffrey? He's so replaceable.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
top 10 running backs in DVOA by round draft

2nd
1st
1st
undrafted
2nd
5th
5th
2nd
6th
1st

meanwhile mccaffrey wasnt even the first rb taken in his own draft and youve got these 1st round picks farther down

barkley 16th
gurley 20th
michel 24th
fournette 26th

altodevil

top 10 running backs in DVOA by round draft

2nd
1st
1st
undrafted
2nd
5th
5th
2nd
6th
1st

meanwhile mccaffrey wasnt even the first rb taken in his own draft and youve got these 1st round picks farther down

barkley 16th
gurley 20th
michel 24th
fournette 26th
Do quarterbacks

altodevil

i.e play the quarterback roulette until you get one that is good