NFL Thread 2019

Mike Smalling

Pats are actually going 16-0 again unless BB probably throws a game at some point
I wouldn't be so sure. The Browns basically handed them the game yesterday with silly turnovers and way too many penalties. The Patriots generally failed to stop the running game and their offensive line looked terrible most of the evening. Brady had little time to throw and Michel only averaged 3.5 yards pr. attempt. The game really should have been a lot tighter than it was.

If they manage to sort out their o-line and get Sanu and N'Keal Harry working, they will probably win another Super Bowl, though.

Andrew~

Pete Carroll is the definition of a guy who has a F1 car and drives it like a Fiat Punto. How can you have arguably the best QB in the game and have him only throw the ball 5 times the entire second half?

bucky

Pete Carroll is the definition of a guy who has a F1 car and drives it like a Fiat Punto. How can you have arguably the best QB in the game and have him only throw the ball 5 times the entire second half?
Against the worst defence no less.

Hephaestus

It's insane, especially when you remember our defence is no longer the best around but instead a putrid one that lets Matt Schaub throw for 460 yards. Should have crushed the Falcons but instead we let it become a nervy win like always.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Pick up the Browns D/ST should they somehow be available in your fantasy leagues guys. Brandon Allen is starting for an already below average offense in Denver.

Andrew~

It's insane, especially when you remember our defence is no longer the best around but instead a putrid one that lets Matt Schaub throw for 460 yards. Should have crushed the Falcons but instead we let it become a nervy win like always.
I love Pete Carroll but... this 'establish the run game' nonsense is going too far now.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Rodgers was pretty poor last night. Almost Brady level bailed out.

Still the best though.

Kazi

Why are people doubting Pete Carroll? Sure, he has Russ, and some of his play-calling has been conservative. But his roster talent-wise is middle of the pack I would say. Yet, the Seahawks are one of the strongest teams in the NFC. I think he knows what he’s doing..

Last edited:

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Rodgers was pretty poor last night. Almost Brady level bailed out.

Still the best though.
Imagine if the Packers did this:

• Trade rodgers for 3 first round picks
  • Remove his 26.5 cap hit and replace it with Minshew's 0.5
  • Use the remaining 20 million on Gerald McCoy (8), Earl Thomas (7), Golden Tate (6), Shaq Barrett (4), Dontrelle Inman (1)

Now that's a recipe for an super bowl

bucky

Why are people doubting Pete Carroll? Sure, he has Russ, and some of his play-calling has been conservative. But his roster talent-wise is middle of the pack I would say. Yet, the Seahawks are one of the strong teams in the NFC. I think he knows what he’s doing..
He's supposed to be good at coaching a defence, yet the defence is terrible. As soon as we play a half decent team and take the ball out of Wilson's hands, we are going to lose. The only convincing win of the year has been against the Cardinals so far. If Wilson wasn't as efficient, we would have lost most of the games including the Bengals.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Imagine if the Packers did this:

• Trade rodgers for 3 first round picks
  • Remove his 26.5 cap hit and replace it with Minshew's 0.5
  • Use the remaining 20 million on Gerald McCoy (8), Earl Thomas (7), Golden Tate (6), Shaq Barrett (4), Dontrelle Inman (1)

Now that's a recipe for an super bowl
No they should just get a billionaire fan to hire Danica Patrick as a chauffeur for $300m. Then Rodgers will have lower cap.

drdoityourself

Trade deadline fast approaching. Hoping the Browns get Trent Williams, but a reported first round asking price seems too high considering his age and injury record. A third round pick and Higgins hopefully, but it might take a second and Higgins.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Never want to see anyone hurt, but it's no bad thing for our backup options to get some game time. Hopefully Drew Lock will be up to appearing at some point so we can see what he's made of.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Jets trying to ship Bell.

Could be an interesting evening

JJ12

Probably would need to give up a couple of draft picks, but Pats need someone at TE & he’s the obvious choice.
Apparently we've been in discussion for some time - Even Howard was asked about it last week. Hopefully him missing the weekend is a good sign for us.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Jets trying to ship Bell.

Could be an interesting evening
Who could have suspected that overpaying for a RB and a MLB in free agency would not result in success? I feel for the Jets. That’s just misfortune and it comes completely out of the blue.

JJ12

Patriots looking at Eifert.

Buccs digging in with OJ but Patriots and Seahawks interested.

JJ12

Jamal Adams to Dallas

What the feck.....

*Rumoured

Hephaestus

Trade deadline fast approaching. Hoping the Browns get Trent Williams, but a reported first round asking price seems too high considering his age and injury record. A third round pick and Higgins hopefully, but it might take a second and Higgins.
Being claimed that Washington are asking for Denzel Ward to be part of the deal. Unsurprisingly, the Browns aren't keen.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The Talib move has to be a salary dump situation.

drdoityourself

Well this deadline was a dud. Bell, Adams, Robbie Anderson, OJ Howard and Williams all stay put. Almost nothing happened.
The Redskins operation seems like the most directionless at the moment, pricing away a 31 year old holdout seems incredibly short sighted.