NFL Thread 2019

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Seems like this dog and pony show is the league's way of trying to protect themselves from litigation.
I believe that litigation has already happened and been settled?

It wouldn’t surprise me though if this was to, in some way, comply with certain terms within that settlement. Hard to know for sure though. But it seems incredibly strange that the NFL itself is organising this. Have they ever done this for any player, whatever the reason?

lsd

The Oracle
Kaepernick should be on a roster somewhere it really is a stain on the game that he isn't.

Isn't Robert Griffin Jr still on a team at present ?

Forget about back up there are even some current starters Kaepernick is better than .

Schneckerl

Kaepernick should be on a roster somewhere it really is a stain on the game that he isn't.

Isn't Robert Griffin Jr still on a team at present ?

Forget about back up there are even some current starters Kaepernick is better than .
On the Ravens.
Ran a play together with Jackson last game.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I believe that litigation has already happened and been settled?

It wouldn’t surprise me though if this was to, in some way, comply with certain terms within that settlement. Hard to know for sure though. But it seems incredibly strange that the NFL itself is organising this. Have they ever done this for any player, whatever the reason?
NFL still likes to pretend it's above politics (despite proving themselves wrong at every opportunity), so they have made a meaningless offer that lacks any intent.

Plus with Teddy Bridgewater and (probably) Cam Newton potentially being available as starter options next season, it really is not the right time for any team to choose him.

I'd say Titans or Bears are his best bet.

Hephaestus

Cleveland's utter lack of discipline just brought the Steelers back into this. Damarious Randall deserved that ejection.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
And now you’re best player is surely suspended for the season at least.

Did Mason try to gouge his eyes out or something? This seems out of character for Myles... I never figured him for an Albert Haynesworth.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
A game or two for Rudolph, a suspension carrying into next season for Garrett and an even longer one for Pouncey imo.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Pouncey’s won’t be longer than Garrett’s. The optics on Myles are too bad.
I don’t know what they’ll do, but that’s what I think should happen. Garrett reacted to something Rudolph started, but Pouncey just started throwing punches and kept kicking him when he was on the ground.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just been watching highlights and videos of the scrap, Garrett shouldn’t be able to play throughout 2020.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
fecking hell!! He has to be suspended for the rest of this season & into next at the very least. Disgraceful.

drdoityourself

Hope it's just the rest of the season. He has no history of these kinds of things. Rudolph started by trying to pull off Garrett's helmet and ran screaming towards him without a helmet when Garrett was being pulled back. I think Rudolph plays a bigger part in this than most people are saying.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Kudos to Baker Mayfield for speaking the truth.

Garrett should be given the boot. Burfict can join him while they’re at it.
He has absolutely no history and had a guy who was equally psychotic rushing him.

Guarantee if that is Lamar Jackson rushing JJ Watt and JJ Watt clocks him one, all the media is talking about is "well Lamar shouldn't have rushed him"

lsd

The Oracle
Hope it's just the rest of the season. He has no history of these kinds of things. Rudolph started by trying to pull off Garrett's helmet and ran screaming towards him without a helmet when Garrett was being pulled back. I think Rudolph plays a bigger part in this than most people are saying.

Yes Rudolph tried to take Garretts helmet off first but thats no excuse and im sure Rudolph wasn't planning to assault Garrett with it .

Still thats one way for Garrett to get out of the Briwns and get his dream move to the Cowboys in about 2 years time when his suspension is up

drdoityourself

Yes Rudolph tried to take Garretts helmet off first but thats no excuse and im sure Rudolph wasn't planning to assault Garrett with it .

Still thats one way for Garrett to get out of the Briwns and get his dream move to the Cowboys in about 2 years time when his suspension is up
2 years? He'll get a 6 or 7 game ban.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
All three of them should be suspended quite a while. I hope Rudolph won't make it out of this as the poor victim. Garrett shouldn't play again this season.

Carolina Red

Staff
He has absolutely no history and had a guy who was equally psychotic rushing him.
Guarantee if that is Lamar Jackson rushing JJ Watt and JJ Watt clocks him one, all the media is talking about is "well Lamar shouldn't have rushed him"
Uh, no.
Pouncey kicking Garrett while he was held down was much worse than what Garrett did.
Garrett had just hit Pouncey’s QB in the head as hard as he could using a hard 6 pound object as a weapon. But yeah, the OL defending his QB after being assaulted with a weapon is worse.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Uh, no.

Garrett had just hit Pouncey’s QB in the head as hard as he could using a hard 6 pound object as a weapon. But yeah, the OL defending his QB after being assaulted with a weapon is worse.
I read somewhere that Rudolph grabbed Garrett in the balls (or kicked), which is generally always going to draw a violent reaction.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Can we not make this thing about racism ? Garrett reacted in a ridiculous manner and he will pay the price for it

drdoityourself

This has worked out perfectly for Rudolph. No one is talking about one of the worst QB displays I have seen. Four interceptions, no feel for a pocket, just check downs and throws downfield in hope for PI calls.

Not saying it was his intention, a mastermind he is not. But running towards Garrett who was being dragged away, without a helmet looking to confront him again was just so reckless.

He tries to take away Garrett's helmet first, Garrett is obviously stronger so he ends upp winning that fight and taking Rudolphs helmet. And after that Rudolph still instigates another confrontation, and still ends up as an innocent victim.

Another thing I don't understand is why they didn't take off their best defensive players for the last second plays. Two scores up, against the worst QB in the league, just risking injury or the outside chance of a brawl.

Carolina Red

Staff
I read somewhere that Rudolph grabbed Garrett in the balls (or kicked), which is generally always going to draw a violent reaction.
Start at the 1:24 mark for the full shot of the late hit and aftermath. I don’t see it.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This has worked out perfectly for Rudolph. No one is talking about one of the worst QB displays I have seen. Four interceptions, no feel for a pocket, just check downs and throws downfield in hope for PI calls.

Not saying it was his intention, a mastermind he is not. But running towards Garrett who was being dragged away, without a helmet looking to confront him again was just so reckless.

He tries to take away Garrett's helmet first, Garrett is obviously stronger so he ends upp winning that fight and taking Rudolphs helmet. And after that Rudolph still instigates another confrontation, and still ends up as an innocent victim.

Another thing I don't understand is why they didn't take off their best defensive players for the last second plays. Two scores up, against the worst QB in the league, just risking injury or the outside chance of a brawl.
Rudolph's frustration at throwing 4 picks against a hated rival was obviously a factor in what he tried to do. Garrett's reaction was obviously way over the top. He will probably get a 4 game suspension or the like. If it was a completely unprovoked attack (as in Rudolph didn't first try to take Garrett's helmet off) then Garrett could be suspended well into next year imo.

mav_9me

Start at the 1:24 mark for the full shot of the late hit and aftermath. I don’t see it.
That is an unbelievable piece of shit action by Garrett. Even before the helmet attack what the feck was he doing with Rudolph after the QB hit? He got to him and then was trying to take him down. Did something happen in the game previously?