NFL Thread 2019

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That is an unbelievable piece of shit action by Garrett. Even before the helmet attack what the feck was he doing with Rudolph after the QB hit? He got to him and then was trying to take him down. Did something happen in the game previously?
Garrett's initial action was basically nothing more than a personal foul/roughing the passer type penalty. Rudolph was frustrated at being so shit and throwing 4 picks, which resulted in him reacting to Garrett's unnecessarily rough sack by attempting to remove Garrett's helmet, which obviously sent Garrett into an uncontrollable rage. Garrett is clearly the aggressor in all of this but the NFL won't ignore Rudolph's actions as completely innocent, nor Maurkice Pounecy's WWE reaction to Garrett's helmet swing.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I wished the fight would have lasted longer.
I am all for more blood, helmets and handbags.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Haynesworth got about 5 games for stomping on someone's head. I suspect this could be more depending on how the NFL interprets Rudolph's culpability in instigating pulling Garrett's helmet off.

Carolina Red

Staff
Garrett's initial action was basically nothing more than a personal foul/roughing the passer type penalty. Rudolph was frustrated
Rudolph was more likely frustrated at being driven into the ground after being hit late with less than 10 seconds left in a game that they’re down multiple scores in.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Mason Rudolph looks like a kid in an eighties movie, whos father is about to buy the local youth club to build a parking lot.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Rudolph is one of the worst QB in the league. So many of his throws are just hopeful and give his recievers no chance

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Rudolph's frustration at throwing 4 picks against a hated rival was obviously a factor in what he tried to do. Garrett's reaction was obviously way over the top. He will probably get a 4 game suspension or the like. If it was a completely unprovoked attack (as in Rudolph didn't first try to take Garrett's helmet off) then Garrett could be suspended well into next year imo.
4 games would be an absolute joke.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
6 games I reckon. End his season.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Garrett will be getting suspended for a long time and deservedly so. Rudolph is not innocent in this either and should be suspended as well. I’ve got a lot more sympathy for Pouncey who was protecting his QB.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
“Protecting and defending his QB”, uhm yeah, no. Feck off with that kind of explanation. He was kicking a guy who was down on the ground.

DeCastro and #71 were protecting Rudolph when it all went down. Pouncey came flying in after the helmet hit took place. Wasn’t any protection left needed at that point. Pure revenge move after the lights went out for him and he should be suspended at least as long as Garrett.

Man of Leisure

“Protecting and defending his QB”, uhm yeah, no. Feck off with that kind of explanation. He was kicking a guy who was down on the ground.

DeCastro and #71 were protecting Rudolph when it all went down. Pouncey came flying in after the helmet hit took place. Wasn’t any protection left needed at that point. Pure revenge move after the lights went out for him and he should be suspended at least as long as Garrett.
I'm actually fine with that in the heat of the moment. And there's no way Pouncey should be suspended as long as Garrett.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I'm actually fine with that in the heat of the moment. And there's no way Pouncey should be suspended as long as Garrett.
Rudolph started the whole thing, why is Garrett’s reaction not just a “heat of the moment” thing then where lights went out for him as well?

Not saying it is, obviously. But that’s a very bizarre reasoning, I can’t believe someone could be “fine” with what Pouncey did.

Man of Leisure

Rudolph started the whole thing, why is Garrett’s reaction not just a “heat of the moment” thing then where lights went out for him as well?

Not saying it is, obviously. But that’s a very bizarre reasoning, I can’t believe someone could be “fine” with what Pouncey did.
O-linemen are supposed to protect their QB. When Pouncey saw Garrett swinging a helmet on his helmetless QB, he clearly saw red and lost it. Let's face it, punching when you've got pads and a helmet on aren't gonna do any damage and is pretty common in games.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
O-linemen are supposed to protect their QB. When Pouncey saw Garrett swinging a helmet on his helmetless QB, he clearly saw red and lost it. Let's face it, punching when you've got pads and a helmet on aren't gonna do any damage and is pretty common in games.
Couldn’t disagree more, let’s leave it at that.

Man of Leisure

As for your first point about Rudolph starting the whole thing and why Garrett's reaction can't be excused as just a "heat of the moment" thing, it's obviously because you can't swing a helmet at a defenseless player.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
As for your first point about Rudolph starting the whole thing and why Garrett's reaction can't be excused as just a "heat of the moment" thing, it's obviously because you can't swing a helmet at a defenseless player.
You can’t punch a player and kick him in the head when he’s down either. FFS.

Man of Leisure

I've read that he was the instigator but didnt see it. Do you have a video?
It's everywhere if you look for it. Rudolph starts it all by grabbing at Garrett's helmet. Then later, he charges at Garrett when DeCastro is trying to calm things down.

Man of Leisure

You can’t punch a player and kick him in the head when he’s down either. FFS.
Normally, I'd completely agree with you. And I'm not advocating that Pouncey did the right thing either. Just saying that I understand why he did what he did. And to suggest that his punishment should be equal to Garrett's, is nonsense.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
There is no justification for Garrett's actions. His reactions was multiple times worse and unwarranted than whatever Rudolph did.
The question was who instigated it. The answer is Rudolph. Of course that’s no justification no.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
The guy Pouncey is paid to protect had just been hit in the head with a weapon.
Which he failed to do so in that case? This is a complete bullshit reasoning to justify thuggish behaviour on Pouncey’s part. Might as well say it’s Garrett’s job to attack the QB, innit?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
The question was who instigated it. The answer is Rudolph. Of course that’s no justification no.
Which he failed to do so in that case? This is a complete bullshit reasoning to justify thuggish behaviour on Pouncey’s part. Might as well say it’s Garrett’s job to attack the QB, innit?
Rudolph to get 2 games, Pouncy to get 8 games and Garrett to get 16 games...plus a hefty fine for all of them, is how I see this.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I certainly don’t have sympathy for somebody who punts somebody in the head while they are on the deck.

3 games not enough

Carolina Red

Staff
The guy Pouncey is paid to protect had just been hit in the head with a weapon.
Amazing how folks don't realize this. It's a real-life version of the meme "some of you have never been around _____, and it shows".

Any offensive lineman worth being called one would have done the exact same thing as Pouncey, and all you have to do is look at the twitter responses from current NFL players and HOF players to see how they feel about Pouncey's actions.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I place the bulk of the blame solely with Garrett. His reaction was way over the top to what is a normal aggressive scuffle when a QB takes a late hit.

Charlie Foley

Think I am more ok with Pouncey punching Garrett than the kick if they can be at all separated. Whoever instigated it, Garrett elevated it to a whole new level as he used a weapon basically, in court he would then be seen as the “aggressor” and I think it’s the same here for me. I don’t think Pouncey punching him as they go down elevates it, but the kick was poor judgment (unsurprising given what just happened to his QB but still. Understandable more than excusable/excusable more than justifiable, whichever you think.)