NFL Thread 2019

DavelinaJolie

I’m very glad I didn’t play with other OL like you, then.

1. Amazing you say that when I’ve credited out Decastro in the post you’ve quoted.

2. Pouncey is looking directly at the incident beginning with Rudolph being helmetless and watches as Garrett swings and connects with the helmet on Rudolph’s head. He is already moving toward the incident when this happens and is only a couple steps away from them, which is clear as day to see, beginning at the 11 second mark in this clip...

3. Feiler gets bumped out of the way after the helmet is swung, and then turns around to see the aftermath of Rudolph being hit by #65, to which he pushes #65 and then goes off screen following and squaring up on him. Decastro is pinning Garrett to the ground at this time.
I'm glad I didn't play football with someone with an attitude like yours. Someone who thinks defending someone is kicking and punching a guy pinned to the floor. I blocked for my QB and Running Backs, I'd have gotten angry with someone who hurt them. I wouldn't have tried to curb stomp them when they were neutralised by someone else. You don't use your teammates as an excuse to dole out violence.

Now guess what? Pouncey's QB gets lesser protection for three weeks because that dumbass got himself suspended for trying to beat up on a guy who was down and covered. Way to go teammate!

lsd

The Oracle
So the other 51 players on the team that didn't go street on his ass are bad teammates huh? It's funny how the guy that was a buddy with Aaron Hernandez was the one acting like a thug.

Hernandez had a severe brain disorder one of the most extreme cases of CTE known

Carolina Red

Staff
So the other 51 players on the team that didn't go street on his ass are bad teammates huh? It's funny how the guy that was a buddy with Aaron Hernandez was the one acting like a thug.
I guess I imagined all the other players charging onto the field.

Also to note: “thug” “go street” “curb stomp” “[Aaron Hernandez reference]”... I’m almost at bingo.
I'm glad I didn't play football with someone with an attitude like yours. Someone who thinks defending someone is kicking and punching a guy pinned to the floor. I blocked for my QB and Running Backs, I'd have gotten angry with someone who hurt them. I wouldn't have tried to curb stomp them when they were neutralised by someone else. You don't use your teammates as an excuse to dole out violence.

Now guess what? Pouncey's QB gets lesser protection for three weeks because that dumbass got himself suspended for trying to beat up on a guy who was down and covered. Way to go teammate!
He had a helmet on ffs and Rudolph didn’t because it was being used as a weapon :lol:

You’re right. Kicking the ass of someone who could have literally just killed a guy via blunt force trauma is just terrible.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

:lol: Drama queen a bit?

Don’t be swinging helmets and you don’t get kicked. Simple as. Pouncey is getting his 3 games anyway so I don’t know what you’re so high and mighty about.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Going back to my baseball analogy, if you're a catcher and somebody takes a bat to your pitcher's head are you saying you wouldn't get a few shots in on that guy? And would fans and teammates be okay with it, even if it resulted in disciplinary action? Of course they would.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I don’t know what they’ll do, but that’s what I think should happen. Garrett reacted to something Rudolph started, but Pouncey just started throwing punches and kept kicking him when he was on the ground.
Never forget Pouncey and his cnut brother routinely advocated for Hernandez's innocence. They're straight-up gangsters like him.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Watch the film bud.

All the OL will not have seen what happened because as an OL, you’re looking the opposite direction of where the QB is being assaulted with a deadly weapon.

Pouncey and Decastro are on Garrett when it happens, then the other OL realize something is going on and immediate begin running in to protect their quarterback, they just all don’t get a chance to get their licks in.

You can try and moral high ground or virtue signal or whatever you want to call it on this all you want, but the fact is, you’ve got no clue what the relationship is between an OL and their QB. You attack that guy, and it’s personal.
Villaneuva displayed his discipline throughout. The man was a Ranger after all.

I'd have no qualms over Pouncey popping Garrett but draw the line over kicking him in the head. No justification for it, especially as the man is already pinned to the ground by another player.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Colorado/Miami 1993 was the best I ever watched.
That was another pretty good one. Plenty of trouble makers on both sides that year - they had the likes of Michael Westbrook, Kordell Stewart, Rae Carruth and Rashan Salam. We had Ray Lewis, The Rock, and Warren Sapp.

Florida Man

Villaneuva displayed his discipline throughout. The man was a Ranger after all.

I'd have no qualms over Pouncey popping Garrett but draw the line over kicking him in the head. No justification for it, especially as the man is already pinned to the ground by another player.
Many NFL players and fans think it’s justified. The guy also had his helmet on. He literally takes harder hits there on any run play than kicks from Pouncey. Ultimately you don’t get kicked in the head if you don’t swing helmets on people.

Florida Man

I’d like to see how some of yall would react if it was your best friend getting swung on in real life? Perhaps if it was your SO or your sibling? Your child?

They could potentially suffer long term damage or even killed but I’d imagine the thought process would be “my [person] got violently attacked with a weapon and it’s best for me to stand here and do nothing because fighting is wrong and I’m a very smart person”

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Such a boring conversation. Someone post a video of trick play touchdowns or something ffs

DavelinaJolie

I’d like to see how some of yall would react if it was your best friend getting swung on in real life? Perhaps if it was your SO or your sibling? Your child?

They could potentially suffer long term damage or even killed but I’d imagine the thought process would be “my [person] got violently attacked with a weapon and it’s best for me to stand here and do nothing because fighting is wrong and I’m a very smart person”
Yeah. That's what we're saying. Stand there and do nothing....

Watch what happened. Watch DeCastro. Pulls the guy off, pushes him away, gets him to the ground, pins him. All without throwing a punch or kicking, he tried to diffuse the situation. Amazing isn't it? You don't have to act like a violent asshole to defend someone.

If you want to draw a parallel between a 235lb, 6ft5in guy on a sporting field and a child on the street, go ahead, knock yourself out (or get Myles Garrett to do it?). One hell of a "gotcha" moment.

Carolina Red

Staff
If you want to draw a parallel between a 235lb, 6ft5in guy on a sporting field
In this case, it was a 6’4” 270lb man swinging a hard 6lb object at another man’s skull in a manner that could have resulted in serious injury or death.

But whatevs. You’re clearly on your moral high ground here. Have fun.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
In this case, it was a 6’4” 270lb man swinging a hard 6lb object at another man’s skull in a manner that could have resulted in serious injury or death.

But whatevs. You’re clearly on your moral high ground here. Have fun.
You can’t even use your “I am a former OL” or “you need to have played the game to understand this” arguments against him, damn.

Carolina Red

Staff
You can’t even use your “I am a former OL” or “you need to have played the game to understand this” arguments against him, damn.
Any offensive lineman worth being called one would have done the exact same thing
There’s Jolie, and then there’s the multitude of current and former NFL OL saying the same thing I am.

So... yeah :lol:

Y’all are probably in the same group that wouldn’t punch Nazis

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
@Rado_N While I agree the NFL is an old boys network and may be dicks, it was always gonna be hard for him to get back in it. Not so much for the kneeling, but cos of the collusion lawsuit. Tough to sue your potential employers and then be gainfully employed by those same folks. Although Eric Reid somehow managed.

All this maneuvering from both sides smacks of another pending lawsuit. Not sure how that would work out in terms of the settlement from the collusion lawsuit.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
@Rado_N While I agree the NFL is an old boys network and may be dicks, it was always gonna be hard for him to get back in it. Not so much for the kneeling, but cos of the collusion lawsuit. Tough to sue your potential employers and then be gainfully employed by those same folks. Although Eric Reid somehow managed.

All this maneuvering from both sides smacks of another pending lawsuit. Not sure how that would work out in terms of the settlement from the collusion lawsuit.
The whole thing with the workout is just a PR trap.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Sad to hear about Tua.

And the whole Kaepernick thing, it was always going to be a farce. There’s a reason for it, and it isn’t because the league is actually trying to get him a job.

Florida Man

Yeah. That's what we're saying. Stand there and do nothing....

Watch what happened. Watch DeCastro. Pulls the guy off, pushes him away, gets him to the ground, pins him. All without throwing a punch or kicking, he tried to diffuse the situation. Amazing isn't it? You don't have to act like a violent asshole to defend someone.

If you want to draw a parallel between a 235lb, 6ft5in guy on a sporting field and a child on the street, go ahead, knock yourself out (or get Myles Garrett to do it?). One hell of a "gotcha" moment.
Funny how DeCastro wasn’t standing up to Pouncey or trying to pin him down considering he was a curb stomping thug according to your logic. Are you also too far up your own ass to see the parallel? You’re basically admitting you’d do nothing if it was one of your own getting assaulted. We got choice labels for people like you, and you seem to be proud of being one. The pros agree with me and CR, and not the amateur and the scouser who’s never played football.

Florida Man

There’s Jolie, and then there’s the multitude of current and former NFL OL saying the same thing I am.

So... yeah :lol:

Y’all are probably in the same group that wouldn’t punch Nazis
“You’re just the same as the Nazis. I am a centrist. I am very smart.”

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Funny how DeCastro wasn’t standing up to Pouncey or trying to pin him down considering he was a curb stomping thug according to your logic. Are you also too far up your own ass to see the parallel? You’re basically admitting you’d do nothing if it was one of your own getting assaulted. We got choice labels for people like you, and you seem to be proud of being one. The pros agree with me and CR, and not the amateur and the scouser who’s never played football.
And plenty of others in this thread.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
And plenty of others in this thread.
Feck off. I’d do the same if a mate of mine got assaulted, that absolutely doesn’t make it the right behaviour or not suited for punishment. If someone calls those actions “the right way”, I’m glad I hold the opposite view.