NFL Thread 2019

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Feck off. I’d do the same if a mate of mine got assaulted, that absolutely doesn’t make it the right behaviour or not suited for punishment. If someone calls those actions “the right way”, I’m glad I hold the opposite view.
Everyone knows it’s not the right action. To that end I disagree with Carolina in that his means to justify his intention wasn’t appropriate.

My point is the likes of people who are pointing this out but not showing the same outrage to Garrett. In my view Garrett’s action sufficiently explains why Pouncey reacted that way, right or wrong, and hence clearly is where the focus of attention should be.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I would like to see the Vikings sign him as a backup with Cousins in the last year of his contract next season. But it won't happen.

#FreeCarolinaRed.

Carolina Red

Staff
You can tell a difference in perspectives in these vids...

How fans are reacting to these throws:
How a former scout reacted to this one:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
That was another pretty good one. Plenty of trouble makers on both sides that year - they had the likes of Michael Westbrook, Kordell Stewart, Rae Carruth and Rashan Salam. We had Ray Lewis, The Rock, and Warren Sapp.
That Patrick guy was the biggest antagonist on that particular squad. Played TE or DL, can't recall.

RoadTrip

Some interesting info relating to the whole Kaepernick thing coming out. Apparently the NFL wanted to sign a waiver (like a physical waiver you might sign if you go go karting for example) but it contained employment related issues.

Im 100% certain this whole thing was just a stunt from the outset from the NFL. Coupled with no media allowed to attend, it just smells off.

Sad reality is he isn’t going to get signed, regardless.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Some interesting info relating to the whole Kaepernick thing coming out. Apparently the NFL wanted to sign a waiver (like a physical waiver you might sign if you go go karting for example) but it contained employment related issues.

Im 100% certain this whole thing was just a stunt from the outset from the NFL. Coupled with no media allowed to attend, it just smells off.

Sad reality is he isn’t going to get signed, regardless.
Seems they are interested in gauging public reaction before committing to bringing him back.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
NFL don’t want him back. As others have said this was a PR stunt trying to put themselves in a good light. And tbh, doubt Kap really wants to play either.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Feck off. I’d do the same if a mate of mine got assaulted, that absolutely doesn’t make it the right behaviour or not suited for punishment. If someone calls those actions “the right way”, I’m glad I hold the opposite view.
His 3 game punishment was justified, I don't think anyone is arguing against that. It's this dramatic shock and awe in addition to the high and mighty moral righteousness that some are displaying as if they think it's disgusting that someone who decides to swing a helmet on someone gets a deserved asswhoopin in return.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Refs are so inconsistent with PI this season, very frustrating.

RoadTrip

There’s literally no point in having PIs as reviewable.

If i take a step back, the whole point was because of the missed one in the Saints game last year. Are we even sure, given the way they aren’t being overturned, that that miss-call would actually have been corrected itself? My instinct says no.

Ergo, completely pointless rule change (or at least stupid implementation rules)

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
he has developed into a class player
He’s a great deep threat but he’s also really worked on his route running this year so his all round game has come on a lot.

A real exciting young player, along with a few others.

Patrick now too!

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
There’s literally no point in having PIs as reviewable.

If i take a step back, the whole point was because of the missed one in the Saints game last year. Are we even sure, given the way they aren’t being overturned, that that miss-call would actually have been corrected itself? My instinct says no.

Ergo, completely pointless rule change (or at least stupid implementation rules)
It was such a knee-jerk reaction from the league and everyone else involved, coupled with media blowhards stirring up controversy while ignoring a key missed call when the Rams had the ball beforehand. Saints fans constant bitching of that missed PI call while ignoring a blatant facemask on Goff that was not called which would have set the Rams at the Saints 1 with three (or four) downs to take a 24-20 lead (versus tying FG) and likely affected how the Saints play out their following drive.

If the league is permitting PI reviews they should also permit personal foul reviews. Such nonsense it is.

RoadTrip

Lamar Jackson is taking apart the Texas defense at the moment.
hardly any defences he isn’t taking apart this year. So refreshing to see how he as developed as a passer, which in turn allows the other aspects of his game to particularly flourish (something other mobile QBs often haven’t done making them one dimensional)

Carolina Red

Staff
hardly any defences he isn’t taking apart this year. So refreshing to see how he as developed as a passer, which in turn allows the other aspects of his game to particularly flourish (something other mobile QBs often haven’t done making them one dimensional)
Dude has become a legit QB, which is good to see. Lots of folks making Vick comparisons, but he’s better than Vick already.

RoadTrip

Dude has become a legit QB, which is good to see. Lots of folks making Vick comparisons, but he’s better than Vick already.
it’s all about his passing ability ... it’s what separates him from all other mobile QBs. It’s the fact he could not run once in a game and still have the quality to beat you through the air. It means you can’t stack the box expecting a run (which defences could last year). There’s not many true mobile QBs like that.

but the scheme is impressive too and is getting overlooked too I think. I read an article about how they use 3 TEs I.e run heavy formation and then kill teams throwing off it.

they’ve a good scheme and a roster that really complements his talents. It’s the fact he can run and pass. The fact they have a quality RB. The fact they have quality TEs who can block and run routes. And some legitimate talent at WR. It’s a roster built as a team rather than a collection of good individuals a la Browns. Creates the opportunity to really create mismatches on offence.

lsd

The Oracle
Man the Dallas defence sucks . Jerry Jones would be a better pass rusher than D Law this season

Carolina Red

Staff
it’s all about his passing ability ... it’s what separates him from all other mobile QBs. It’s the fact he could not run once in a game and still have the quality to beat you through the air. It means you can’t stack the box expecting a run (which defences could last year). There’s not many true mobile QBs like that.

but the scheme is impressive too and is getting overlooked too I think. I read an article about how they use 3 TEs I.e run heavy formation and then kill teams throwing off it.

they’ve a good scheme and a roster that really complements his talents. It’s the fact he can run and pass. The fact they have a quality RB. The fact they have quality TEs who can block and run routes. And some legitimate talent at WR. It’s a roster built as a team rather than a collection of good individuals a la Browns. Creates the opportunity to really create mismatches on offence.
Yeah, they are putting everything together this year. Definitely a squad to be reckoned with.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Wow. You don’t see Harris Jr. get done like that much, if at all.