NFL Thread

ArseHat

Can’t believe Jeffery, one of the most sure handed on the Eagles, let the ball go through his hands like that. Also don’t understand why they ran the play and didn’t wind it down to the two minute warning.

Looking forward to both title games. Both are hard to call, although gut tells me it’ll be Pats v Saints even though I prefer Chiefs v Rams.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Can’t believe Jeffery, one of the most sure handed on the Eagles, let the ball go through his hands like that. Also don’t understand why they ran the play and didn’t wind it down to the two minute warning.

Looking forward to both title games. Both are hard to call, although gut tells me it’ll be Pats v Saints even though I prefer Chiefs v Rams.
I think they probably saw something on defence and thought they could get some yards and they were right actually

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
If Brady plays next week like he did today they'll put 50+ on KC's defense. But how KC's offense performs may be the ultimate decider, they'll likely need to keep up with NE putting points on the board.

Rams at Saints is such a tossup for me. Brees could go off but so could the Rams running game to set up Goff. I think I trust the Saints defense slightly more than the Rams defense. And the Domefield advantage might edge it.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Some team will make Foles their starting QB next season and probably regret it later . Love him so much but I doubt he will make it as a starter

ArseHat

I think they probably saw something on defence and thought they could get some yards and they were right actually
Yea, that’s probably why. Was just thinking in terms of scoring too quickly would give Brees too much time, but they probably were looking for some quick yards, thus the quick slant route.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Some team will make Foles their starting QB next season and probably regret it later . Love him so much but I doubt he will make it as a starter
He's far better than today's performance and will do well in a number of teams. Wentz wouldn't have fared much better today.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
He's far better than today's performance and will do well in a number of teams. Wentz wouldn't have fared much better today.
We shall see , I think a lot of his bad stuff got hidden in the fact that the team was winning with him . He is an alright QB but he makes a lot of 50-50 throws and not every team will have Jeffrey (FML) and Ertz competing for them

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We shall see , I think a lot of his bad stuff got hidden in the fact that the team was winning with him . He is an alright QB but he makes a lot of 50-50 throws and not every team will have Jeffrey (FML) and Ertz competing for them
I think Wentz is slightly overrated and Foles is slightly underrated. Both good QBs but Foles has that extra something that just wasn't there today. Also, the Eagles running game was contained today which made their passing a lot more predictable for the Saints secondary to deal with.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Pats :drool:

Unfortunately missed the games but looks like the first half was one of our best performances this season. Next week should be fun.

Pscholes18

Rams fan here... excited but cautious.....Rams are going to need the running game big time to get the passing game going and long drives, keep NO off the field because Brees is going to have a field day against the Rams shitty secondary. Line will need to show up too, shut down Kamara and what's his name... pressure on Brees would be nice...didn't get enough of that in their first meeting.

What I'm really worried about is Goff....he really isn't that good...gets the job done because of his line and McVay, but any pressure and he crumbles. Will see what happens. Would of been nice to face the Eagles instead.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Pats :drool:

Unfortunately missed the games but looks like the first half was one of our best performances this season. Next week should be fun.
We played really well. Offensively we were on point both on execution and play selection. We balanced runs with passes and varied both.

Defensively we gave up some plays but we managed to get pressure big time on Rivers which was really pleasing.

I still fear our defence will get decimated against the Chiefs who have too much variety. Conversely I think we will put up points too. But on balance as chiefs are at home I think they’ll take it by outscoring us, given our road playoff record and road record this year.

If we were at home I think we’d have a good chance but sadly we aren’t ... thanks to that fricking Dolphins play.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We played really well. Offensively we were on point both on execution and play selection. We balanced runs with passes and varied both.

Defensively we gave up some plays but we managed to get pressure big time on Rivers which was really pleasing.

I still fear our defence will get decimated against the Chiefs who have too much variety. Conversely I think we will put up points too. But on balance as chiefs are at home I think they’ll take it by outscoring us, given our road playoff record and road record this year.

If we were at home I think we’d have a good chance but sadly we aren’t ... thanks to that fricking Dolphins play.
That’s good to hear. Michel will need to be a factor again next week, can’t have Brady throwing 55+ times. I’m looking forward to the game, should be high-scoring once again.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I don't really mind Brady, he's a competitor and the Pats looked good yesterday. For some reason I can't explain I dislike both the Chiefs and the Rams, so hoping for a Brady vs Brees SB with the Saints winning it all.

I have a feeling Goff won't be able to live up to the moment in the Dome next week. Mahomes will be better equipped to take on Brady at home, expecting a shootout at Arrowhead.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
It's not an upset if Belichick beats Reid. It's the status quo.

Marty1968

I win $100 if the Saints and Chiefs make it
Yeah I'm on this too. Put the bet on about week 6 or 7. Pats played well yesterday but will be a much harder challenge next week and don't think they're quite up to it. Can see it being close but hopefully Mahomes can see them through. Rivers just wasn't good enough yesterday and he can't throw further than 30 yards...something Mahomes has no troubles with.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Now I've finally realized why the Eagles logo look so weird.

Is it me or does the Chargers logo look like someone's hair? You could draw a face under it. Not that I'm wanting to troll their fans, but you could stick the logo on top of the troll umad face meme.

RoadTrip

Is it me or does the Chargers logo look like someone's hair? You could draw a face under it. Not that I'm wanting to troll their fans, but you could stick the logo on top of the troll umad face meme.
I’m glad someone else has finally noticed this. It’s 100% Donald Trump’s mop.

RoadTrip

There is going to be a lot of Patriots hate in this thread next week :lol:

I’ll stay far away!

Fair enough though, understand the hate, obviously I want us to go on and win but if I put that bias aside even i would love to see Mahomes in a Super Bowl, a chiefs rams/saints Super Bowl would be good fun, and less stressful for me :lol:

Having said that for neutrals, a Patriots Super Bowl wouldn’t be boring either .. they never are.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
There is going to be a lot of Patriots hate in this thread next week :lol:

I’ll stay far away!

Fair enough though, understand the hate, obviously I want us to go on and win but if I put that bias aside even i would love to see Mahomes in a Super Bowl, a chiefs rams/saints Super Bowl would be good fun, and less stressful for me :lol:

Having said that for neutrals, a Patriots Super Bowl wouldn’t be boring either .. they never are.
Personally I don't hate the Pats, I just want to see another team with the new gun QB get to the biggest stage.

But most importantly I want to hear Skip Bayless cry.