NFL Thread

Sandyman

Wait what? It can touch the ground and still be in his control? Feck these rules.

mav_9me

The earlier game in Foxboro ended basically on who had the ball last. Looks to be the same here.

mav_9me

What a fairlytale it would be for Mahomes to win it for the Chiefs. Not happening I think.

ArseHat

Too much time left for Brady.
Basketball players also take free throws the "wrong way". One of the best free-throwers of all time threw it granny style and science also back that up because how of the ball travels and how it would bounce of the rim or backboard.
Even though they do drills doesn't change the fact that you are more likely to make mistakes tired.
How they shoot free throws is irrelevant in this case since I’m comparing their practice performance to game performance, saying that external factors that can’t be replicated in practice, play a big part in why many players choke under pressure. As long as they shoot free throws the same way, that variable is controlled. They run suicides and other conditioning drills while practicing free throws, because as you said, fatigue plays a part during a game, and practicing free throws while tired helps prepare the players for that factor come game time. They can control for that variable to a certain extent, but they can’t mimic things such as pressure.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Got 3.3 to 1 at last kickoff for the Pats to win. Printing money with Brady.

Also that's not a catch.