N'Golo Kante | Chelsea Player

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I've seen a few brilliant ball winners over the years, but never one quite like him. (He's more than just that, of course.)

One of the greatest players of his generation. He's already played himself into the history books at this point.

Ekeke

I mean he's the best DM of the last 10 years without question right? Maybe even longer.
Best since Makelele and perhaps a better all rounder than Makelele too, as Kante's bursts with the ball up the pitch at speed are an extra tool for him

I'd be interested to hear Chelsea fans on who they think was better for them

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
He’s won absolutely everything there is to win in world football. An extraordinary footballer. Congratulations Chelsea.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
My admiration is through the roof for this guy, I'll never get bored of praising him.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I really want this little guy to win the Euro with France and get the Ballon d'Or. Nobody can't dislike Kante and it would be a great symbol for football.

Acole9

Outstanding
Forget about the Makelele role, should be the Kante role now. What a player.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
He's missing the Euros. But he's very close and I wouldn't be surprised to see France win it in the summer. What a career he's had.
How would he be regarded if he were to win the Euros?
I think he’s up there with the best

makcikkaulawa

How much is he worth now? And i don't think they would want to sell him. He is just the missing piece we need to make us deadly again.... and Kane of course.. and sancho of course.. not forgetting Grealish too.....

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
How would he be regarded if he were to win the Euros?
I think he’s up there with the best
He is a defensive player, i don't see him winning it mostly because of that, unfortunately for him.

If France wins the Euro, i believe Mbappé have more chances of winning Ballon D'or than Kanté, assuming he scores a bunch of goals in the tournament.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Not only is Kante my favourite Chelsea player, he absolutely dominated tonight.

He is just absolutely incredible and surely has a chance of winning big individual trophies.

It totally sums him up in the dying minutes when he was fouled and you could clearly hear people telling him to stay down. He thought about it and didn’t have that in him. He bounced up and got on with it. The absolute professional.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He's an absolute beast, one of those players that is actually underrated.

Just phenomenal how important he is.

Well deserved and one of the most likeable players out there.

Ekeke

He is a defensive player, i don't see him winning it mostly because of that, unfortunately for him.

If France wins the Euro, i believe Mbappé have more chances of winning Ballon D'or than Kanté, assuming he scores a bunch of goals in the tournament.
I know what you mean but I still think its a bit unfair to say he's just a defensive player. For example today he got on the ball in the opponent's half as his team attacked and had the care to move the ball around. He's been played in attacking areas in previous seasons and got 4 league goals and 4 assists in 18/19. McTominay got 4 league goals this season for example and we know hes a goal threat.

One of the best parts about him is that when he does win the ball, he breaks forward running the ball at speed to set off counter attacks. So yeah for me he's not a defensive player, more of a standard midfield type but with great ball winning ability which he can pull out at any time.

Sylar

How good was he under Lampard this season and last season?

Last season and the one before he looked out of sorts didn't he? Maybe because he was played out of position too which was an odd decision

He'sRaldo

Last season and the one before he looked out of sorts didn't he? Maybe because he was played out of position too which was an odd decision
Sometimes injured and generally not that good (hence the Kante overrated thread).

It just goes to show even for a world class player, you can't just buy them and stick them in there and expect them to perform. You gotta know how to get the best out of them. A big problem we've had post SAF.

Thankfully Lampard and Sarri weren't allowed to waste him further.

Neo_Mufc

What I liked the most from today is how humble he was. He was the best player, when getting the trophy he walked past and just gave it a tap.

ReddBalls

To flip it: Neither Sarri or Lampard knew how to use him. Managers who knows how, win stuff.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I know what you mean but I still think its a bit unfair to say he's just a defensive player. For example today he got on the ball in the opponent's half as his team attacked and had the care to move the ball around. He's been played in attacking areas in previous seasons and got 4 league goals and 4 assists in 18/19. McTominay got 4 league goals this season for example and we know hes a goal threat.

One of the best parts about him is that when he does win the ball, he breaks forward running the ball at speed to set off counter attacks. So yeah for me he's not a defensive player, more of a standard midfield type but with great ball winning ability which he can pull out at any time.
Kanté is a transition player, his game is about destroying the opposition transition from defense to attack and start his own team transition from defense to attack.

Pep's Suit

Well, did anyone actually expect Kante to be a smart person? Like someone genuinely intelligent. People shouldn't forget only 10% of population has IQ 120 or higher.

Pep's Suit

True but in this case it sounds obvious what happened. Also if only 30% or so of PL players are vaccinated that's only like 6-7 first-team in each club.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
You can still get it regardless of your vaccination status.
True, but surely you'd be fine saying in accord with the player that he is vaccinated and that his contamination is just bad luck.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Well, did anyone actually expect Kante to be a smart person? Like someone genuinely intelligent. People shouldn't forget only 10% of population has IQ 120 or higher.
Why not? This is such a dumb thing to say.