N'Golo Kante | Chelsea Player

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Doesn’t make him an anti vaxer.
Tuchel on Kante testing positive for covid: “Everyone is adult enough, we live in a free society. People can take their choices. We are not angry at N’Golo. I’m concerned about him, I’m worried.”

This isn't something you say about someone vaccinated.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Why would you do that? To make sure idiots say "see, the vaccine doesn't even work"?
To avoid being called stupid, irresponsible, antivax etc etc if that's not the case and is just down to luck. It's already happened to Pulisic apparently. You don't really want to hear the opinion of the people you cited anyway.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
We know that Kante had a least one jab or he would not have been allowed to take the pitch in the Euros. with the timing of France's exit, I am not sure he got his second.

Teja

Beyond the inconvenience of not having him around in the squad, is there any reason to be actually concerned?

Most cases where players got sick, it was basically asymptomatic. I think beyond Henderson having a bit of long COVID, I hadn't seen any problems amongst footballers at all.

Cantonagotmehere

Beyond the inconvenience of not having him around in the squad, is there any reason to be actually concerned?

Most cases where players got sick, it was basically asymptomatic. I think beyond Henderson having a bit of long COVID, I hadn't seen any problems amongst footballers at all.
The Newcastle goalie was in the hospital for a while, right? I do not believe he was vaccinated though.

MDFC Manager

Well, did anyone actually expect Kante to be a smart person? Like someone genuinely intelligent. People shouldn't forget only 10% of population has IQ 120 or higher.
Seems like this is based on probability. So I'll assume that you're unintelligent as well.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
We know that Kante had a least one jab or he would not have been allowed to take the pitch in the Euros. with the timing of France's exit, I am not sure he got his second.
Xhaka is unvaccinated.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Isn't Ronaldo unvaccinated too? (Based on his sister being against it and I think he had to do some isolation when he came to England)
That would be very odd given the attitudes towards vaccines here in Portugal - currently 2nd in vaccination rate, with something like 88% jabbed and now to the point where restrictions are loosening this coming weekend!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

You’re thinking about players only. What about the coaches and other staff that are in contact with players? There’s a lower league manager, whose name I forget right now who made the news in the summer because he was in ICU in a bad way. They need to think about more than themselves

UnitedRepublic

Well, did anyone actually expect Kante to be a smart person? Like someone genuinely intelligent. People shouldn't forget only 10% of population has IQ 120 or higher.
Well he was studying accounting before he became a pro , how can you judge him before knowing anything about him. Getting vacinated or not has nothing to do with intelligence. I’m vaccinated but I can still spread covid it’s a bit to early to say anything about the vacine.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Well he was studying accounting before he became a pro , how can you judge him before knowing anything about him. Getting vacinated or not has nothing to do with intelligence. I’m vaccinated but I can still spread covid it’s a bit to early to say anything about the vacine.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8133799/

Choice quote:
"Our main finding was that, in data collected immediately following the announcement in the UK of an efficacious vaccine, and net of several covariates, people with lower scores on tests of cognitive function were less minded to take up an offer of vaccination for COVID-19 if it was made."

Teja

You’re thinking about players only. What about the coaches and other staff that are in contact with players? There’s a lower league manager, whose name I forget right now who made the news in the summer because he was in ICU in a bad way. They need to think about more than themselves
It's a lot more complicated I feel. For context, I got my vaccine but I'm not in favor of this get vaxed or else hysteria.

a) PL players get tested like lab rats. Multiple tests a week and outbreaks (and there were multiple across top flight clubs in Europe) were very quickly contained.
b) Staff who are concerned about COVID can themselves get vaxed reducing risk significantly.
c) Vax'ed people can still have break through infections and spread it. The high 80s / low 90s vax effectiveness is only against hospitalization / serious illness. So it's still very possible that Kante could've had both his shots and still tested positive in a regular test.

At this point I think it's more optics (why should celebrities get treated differently from the rest of us plebs) than anything else.

432JuanMata

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8133799/

Choice quote:
"Our main finding was that, in data collected immediately following the announcement in the UK of an efficacious vaccine, and net of several covariates, people with lower scores on tests of cognitive function were less minded to take up an offer of vaccination for COVID-19 if it was made."
Most people I know not vaccinated would be considered less intelligent. I’m not saying if you don’t get you are dumb, but some of there reasoning is insane like it only took a year or the best one it’s the government tracking you, saying this while having location services turned on, on their iPhone.

See my Cousin is a biological scientist and has taught me that vaccines are not hard too create for sickness it’s the cure for diseases that are.

Sure I’ve had friends say they give you covid-19 in the vaccine but I explain for example for snake venom the anti venom main ingredient is snake venom.

This is a vaccine that the whole world worked on for a year so that’s why it was created quick. If a new flu for example came out it be the same it be easy to find a vaccine.

People reject science when it suits them but buy new phones which is computer science, fly on planes which is science and do chemotherapy for cancer which is science

Varun

Staff
Why do you think it requires a brilliant mind to decide to get the jab? Jesus, safe to say with posts like this, the avg caftard is a Kante as well per your def

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
The reportedly very low level of vaccination amongst PL players would suggest that this is something coming from the club medical staff rather than just the players being careless. I'd guess there must be some calculation being made that with them kept in such a bubble and under such close scrutiny by staff that the likelihood of infection is low enough to take the risk, rather than have the potential period of reduced performance after each vaccine. Just can't see why the clubs wouldn't have just mandated the vaccine for all players otherwise. Seems a strange risk though given that if they do catch it they're basically totally out of things for a couple of weeks.

Davie Moyes

I think it's as simple as players not wanting to risk reducing their performance levels by taking the vaccine. Like it's been said before they are young, fit and healthy. They get tested like lab rats are in bubbles etc.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Saint-Maximin caught a bad one and took months to recover. Pogba struggled with it as Ole said it once on an ITW

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It looks like his body has given everything it had at this stage.

Playing in the third tier of France a decade ago. What an unbelievable career. Hopefully he can have a good break and have one last great season.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
This is sad. He should consider going to a slower paced league with less physical stress on himself. Like Italy. Otherwise he will just ruin himself in the long term. Not worth it.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah that’s fair, just thought this was his last chance.
Yeah you're not wrong mate - if he can't hold up for ~5 matches after having more or less a season and a half off from playing football consistently that's probably the nail in the coffin.

It was an unpopular opinion but I felt pretty strongly we should have cashed in on him after winning the CL in 20/21 - PSG were reportedly very keen at the time.