NHL 2023/2024

RedDevilQuebecois

Has there been more fights in the first round this year? I don't recall this many fights and misconducts in recent years.
Compared to recent years, yes. The older fans will say it's some kind of return to old time hockey.

Speaking of the Oilers/Kings game yesterday, I really did not expect the Oilers to mount such a comeback. Jack Campbell really did what he had to do while Leon Draisaitl took matters in his own hands on the attack. Hopefully, Conor McDavid will wake up because it has not been a good series for him so far.

RedDevilQuebecois

You throw away a 4-1 lead with a period left... a 4-1 lead with 20 minutes to go, despite all of the accumulated experience of the last 3 years or so. I don't want to be harsher than anything deserved on the Tampa Bay Lightning, but what the hell was that?

Julien Brisebois really should have traded for Joel Edmundson, who is tailor-made for playoff hockey and knows a thing or two about beating the Leafs.

Last edited:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Leafs stole 2 in Tampa, the next game is the one that they can never win. They have 3 cracks at it - surely this is the year!!

JJ12

Went to sleep, it was 3-1. Woke up & it was 3-4. feck right off.
You guys have dominated the last few years - mental fatigue maybe? You’ve been the better team the last 2.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
You guys have dominated the last few years - mental fatigue maybe? You’ve been the better team the last 2.
We never shook off losing Palat who would have been important in the playoffs. Our future HoFers are a year older. Mental fatigue is definitely a probability. We are definitely on the wane side of our apex. Time to let teams like Toronto back into the second round of the playoffs.

redcucumber

The NHL 23 game is great fun and has got me interested in NHL. Who is favourite for the playoffs?

FriedClams

The NHL 23 game is great fun and has got me interested in NHL. Who is favourite for the playoffs?
Based on regular season, Boston Bruins. They set the record for most wins ever, and are clear favourites with the bookmakers. They were already better than everyone and then they signed Orlov and Hathaway. Really dont see who has a realistic chance of beating them over 7 games.

RedDevilQuebecois

I remembered something earlier today. Since the Leafs last won a series in 2004, they have played 11 games in which they could eliminate an opponent.
  • 2013... Played game 7 against Boston... lost to Boston.
  • 2018... Played game 7 against Boston... lost to Boston.
  • 2019... Played games 6 and 7 against Boston... lost to Boston.
  • 2020... Played game 5 (best of 5) against Columbus... lost to Columbus.
  • 2021... Played games 5, 6 and 7 against Montreal... lost to Montreal.
  • 2022... Played games 6 and 7 against Tampa... lost to Tampa.
  • 2023... Played game 5 against Tampa... ???
It could still finish with the Leafs winning either game 6 or game 7, but one has to say that being unable to finish the job in the last 11 games with that particular context is quite a very heavy burden to bear.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Everybody knew it was gonna be Bolts in 7, come on :lol:

JJ12

Tampa are 14-2 with Holl on the ice. That is beyond..

izec

To be fair, a lot of people predicted the Bruins to go out in the first round, even if it was just for the laughs. They should still make it though

RedDevilQuebecois

Well, we won't be able to live with the old Leafs memes anymore. Pity.:(

Sergachev... did anyone ever say that guy is genuinely lazy AF during crucial situations? If that guy played like that in Montreal (BTW, he was drafted by the Habs) with the very high standards we demand from our D-men, I swear the media here would have a field day in tearing him a few more assholes.

Last edited:

JJ12

Everybody knew it was gonna be Bolts in 7, come on :lol:
Did they now..

Leafs won games where they weren’t the better team. They finally know how to compete in a tough play off series.

Tampa even if they weren’t at their absolute peak is a massive scalp for them.

Finally, relief.

RedDevilQuebecois

Boston... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Florida Panthers came back with a late goal in the 3rd period from Brandon Montour to tie the game at 3-3 and then Carter Verhaeghe to win it. That means the Boston Bruins are OUT after a record-breaking regular season and have become the biggest meme in the history of the NHL. The way that some people said that Bruins team is better than the 1976-77 Montreal Canadiens not long ago will provide infite laughter for a lifetime. I already can't wait for UrinatingTree on YouTube to pull that conglaturation video out soon. It's going to be legendary.

Possibly the greatest failure in the history of sports!

edit: The salt in Jack Edwards' voice is just delicious. :drool:

Last edited:

JJ12

It’s all coming up Leafs

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It will be Florida vs Nevada, just as Gary Bettman dreamed it!

RedDevilQuebecois

UrinatingTree delivered the goods and this has to be very best video to describe the ultimate meme of a hockey team.

A NEW RECORD! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"They keep blowing like they're Angela White." ...Damn. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
It’s game 7 for my Rangers at the Devils in a few minutes in beautiful downtown Newark. I haven’t been an avid fan since they won it in 94 with Messier leading the team and now they have sucked me back into it which I’m sure I will regret in a few hours.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The Leafs getting past round 1 is like Leicester winning the title. Enjoy it. Cherish it. We might never see this moment again ;)