JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Leafs
Canes
Kraken
Vegas

To advance imo

poleglass red

Leafs were poor last night after a good start. Leafs did will well away from home in last series v Tampa, but I don't see a way back for them. Florida are too physical and their goal tender is so good.

RedDevilQuebecois

Oh God, the Leafs lost again! :lol: :lol: :lol:

They win a first series in 19 years only to end up down by 3 games to none, 1 game away from elimination. Just one more before UrinatingTree makes another video about the Leafs, which would be about his 5th on his YouTube channel.

Last edited:

JJ12

Nylander and Tavares should be made available but I can’t see anyone giving up anything for Tavares.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Oh God, the Leafs lost again! :lol: :lol: :lol:

They win a first series in 19 years only to end up down by 3 games to none, 1 game away from elimination. Just one more before UrinatingTree makes another video about the Leafs, which would be about his 5th on his YouTube channel.
I haven't watched a hockey game in years but tuned in last night. They looked terrible. No cohesion, no control, no system. Even the dump and chase leafs of the 90s were better than this.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I haven't watched a hockey game in years but tuned in last night. They looked terrible. No cohesion, no control, no system. Even the dump and chase leafs of the 90s were better than this.
They are very strange and have been for years. They basically "overpower" opponents with Mathews, Nylander and Tavares who are all top scorers 30(?) but when it comes to team play they are not that good, several playoff teams are better. To some extent they have been a different version of the Oilers.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I mean, it's not the leafs fault, how were they supposed to know there's more than one round in the playoffs?!?!?

Also, is Draisaitl going to score 6 in game 3 and break the all time playoff record in 9 games or what

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Nylander and Tavares should be made available but I can’t see anyone giving up anything for Tavares.
To be fair, of the leafs took on 2mil of the cap hit and added a sweetner then I would be picking up the phone if I am Steve Yzerman.

2 years with a genuine 1C to help out bedding in Kaspar, Berggren, Raymond, Mazur and possibly Soderblom, I would be all over it while we have the cap space prior to Raymond and Seider's deals

RedDevilQuebecois

Of course the NHL had to give the first overall pick for the upcoming draft to the Chicago Blackhawks. After the Kyle Beach story, I swear that club should have been denied the right to rebuild for at least a decade after the organization formally apologizes for the cover-up.

Some of us watching hockey can only laugh to hide despair at the NHL.

edcunited1878

Of course the NHL had to give the first overall pick for the upcoming draft to the Chicago Blackhawks. After the Kyle Beach story, I swear that club should have been denied the right to rebuild for at least a decade after the organization formally apologizes for the cover-up.

Some of us watching hockey can only laugh to hide despair at the NHL.

It is hilarious....seriously, how is this possible?!

After the embarrassing cover up by the front office, Bowman, Q, and then going into their first off-season without Kane and Toews as captain.

They'll still be shit for a couple of years, but wow did this fall onto their lap. Still feel like they would feck it up somehow!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Best prospect since McDavid coming into the NHL?

Welcome to Chicago :drool:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Leafs have no chance to get back in the series imo, the Panthers will take that one.

Hoping for the Oilers or Seattle to win it all.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Read something that only 4 teams have overcame a 3-0 deficit. Not gonna happen. Can’t believe they are gonna bow out to the Panthers after that gruelling first round matchup. Always next year right?

RedDevilQuebecois

The talk across the NHL is about this after yesterday's game between Edmonton and Vegas. I hope Alex Pietrangelo will get suspended for this bonehead move against the most prolific scorer across the league in the playoffs so far.

RedDevilQuebecois

False equivalency.

One-game suspensions for both when Pietrangelo clearly intended to injure an opponent with that vicious slash. That deserved at least the same as Michael Bunting being suspended for 3 games in the first round, but, no, Alex Pietrangelo is a superstar for the Vegas Golden Knights - both the NHL's darlings and the most despised hockey club in North America these days.

massi83

Possibly the greatest failure in the history of sports!

edit: The salt in Jack Edwards' voice is just delicious. :drool:

This just shows total lack of understanding anything related to probabilities or ice hockey. Playoffs is a cup competition, even with 7 games being better than 1, that's still what it is. Especially in cap-age when all teams are close to each other. In last 5 years we have had 2 top10 all time regular season teams going out in the first round, Tampa being swept, and one of the worst teams ever to make playoffs go into final. Main reason for this is obviously luck due to small sample size.

And Florida is pretty good team, as I told @JPRouve already months ago when he thought Montreal was getting top10 pick from Florida. Barkov is shutting everything down even if he isn't scoring much. And talking about luck, Florida only made playoffs because Pittsburgh lost against Chicago. But they would have been much higher if they had less injuries.

And you know having your number 1 and 2 centers injured has an effect in literally all hockey teams ever.

With Toronto going out and Seattle winning first round, everything is still okay in the world and Leafs are still the worst franchise in last 19 years. See you Toronto fans again in November when they are a "juggernaut".

3 of the 4 last teams will have Finnish number 1 center if Dallas goes through!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This just shows total lack of understanding anything related to probabilities or ice hockey. Playoffs is a cup competition, even with 7 games being better than 1, that's still what it is. Especially in cap-age when all teams are close to each other. In last 5 years we have had 2 top10 all time regular season teams going out in the first round, Tampa being swept, and one of the worst teams ever to make playoffs go into final. Main reason for this is obviously luck due to small sample size.

And Florida is pretty good team, as I told @JPRouve already months ago when he thought Montreal was getting top10 pick from Florida. Barkov is shutting everything down even if he isn't scoring much. And talking about luck, Florida only made playoffs because Pittsburgh lost against Chicago. But they would have been much higher if they had less injuries.

And you know having your number 1 and 2 centers injured has an effect in literally all hockey teams ever.

With Toronto going out and Seattle winning first round, everything is still okay in the world and Leafs are still the worst franchise in last 19 years. See you Toronto fans again in November when they are a "juggernaut".

3 of the 4 last teams will have Finnish number 1 center if Dallas goes through!
I didn't thought a thing. I stated an hypothetical, once.

FriedClams

NHL regular season is almost pointless at this stage. I’d love to see them at least try a different approach in this sport, more than the others with series.

Kristjan

Retired Dictator
So... Hurricanes, Panthers, Vegas and either Stars or Kraken.

Totally unexciting conference finals coming up, I'll probably give the rest of the playoffs a miss.

Skåre Willoch

So... Hurricanes, Panthers, Vegas and either Stars or Kraken.

Totally unexciting conference finals coming up, I'll probably give the rest of the playoffs a miss.
I can imagine there's panic tendencies in the league office. A remarkably unexciting final 4.

RedDevilQuebecois

I can imagine there's panic tendencies in the league office. A remarkably unexciting final 4.
In fact, it is what that cnut Bettman has been wanting for ages. He's probably the only league commissioner/president in the entire world who likes the idea of having 4 small or non-traditional markets making that far.

The winner of Seattle/Dallas is probably who I will hope to make it all the way.

RedDevilQuebecois

It's official: the Arizona Coyotes are FECKED.

Because the community voted against the construction of a new arena, this was the last chance for the team to stay in Arizona. There is also no way they will return to the same arena as the Phoenix Suns.

Logic says that it should be moved to Houston - 4th largest city in the US and NHL-ready through the existence of Toyota Center, which can hosts hockey games with 17,800 spectators. The real question is whether or not there will be investors in the project, especially when the previous owner of the NBA's Houston Rockets basically kicked the last professional hockey team out of the Toyota Center over rent a decade ago.

RedDevilQuebecois

Logic says Québec City.
Only if you can 1) find an uber-rich group of investors paying something near what is expected out of Ottawa and 2) if you move an existing franchise from the Eastern conference to the Western Conference (perhaps like the Detroit Red Wings of yesteryear).

Last edited:

RedDevilQuebecois

Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals and they almost dragged this thing to 7 full periods of hockey. Matthew Tkachuk scored the overtime winner with 13 seconds left to the 4th overtime period to end the 6th longest game in NHL playoff history; the game ended at 1:54 AM Eastern time..

I feel that a serious debate must take place on how pertinent it is for teams to play 5-on-5 overtime periods with the possibility of games going on for way too long. I sure don't want NHL playoff games to be decided by shootouts, but I feel that the overtime formula should be modified to increase the odds of ending games a lot earlier. That's also for the sake of preventing possible injuries should games last too long. I would personally be fine with 4-on-4 hockey to solve matters in playoff overtime; more space on the ice and thus more chances to end a game quickly.

My favorite overtime memory is the 2010 Olympic gold medal game between Canada and USA. The most stressful and yet most exhilarating 7 minutes and 40 seconds of my hockey fandom took place in 4-on-4 overtime on that day. I feel NHL fans deserve to feel the same kind of thrill instead of enduring the boredom of defensive hockey.

Last edited:

RedDevilQuebecois

Kyle Dubas (a.k.a. Mr. Analytics) won't return as GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

According to Chris Johnston, Dubas has been sacked because of this.

Anyway, the whole thing is the Leafs remaining as big of a joke as the Dallas Cowboys are as an organization. I have a feeling that we will be in for more laughs with the next GM as Brendan Shanahan indicated that he's seeking for someone with experience for the job... especially when a number of experienced names out there are certified failures.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Only if you can 1) find an uber-rich group of investors paying something near what is expected out of Ottawa and 2) if you move an existing franchise from the Eastern conference to the Western Conference (perhaps like the Detroit Red Wings of yesteryear).
I will take going back to the central tbh, I miss the old blood battles.with Colorado and Chicago.

RedDevilQuebecois

Barring a Dallas win tonight, they're probably done. And looks like Florida is rolling into the Finals as well.
Speaking of Dallas, I don't remember any team going that far and yet being that bad in overtime (0-4). I hope they do something tonight because I really cannot stand the Golden Knights as a hockey club at all.

Sergei Bobrovsky really is a beast or Florida out there, especially yesterday. It is beautiful to watch and I know because I felt the same vibes when the Habs and Carey Price went to the final only 2 years ago.

JJ12

NHL and NBA conference finals have been a dud