NHL 2023/2024

RedDevilQuebecois

Feckin' hell. This is the reason why the Arizona Coyotes put him on waivers and basically ended his contract earlier today.

There was a time when I had very high hopes for him. He and (current alternate captain) Brendan Gallagher made the Habs team as rookies at the very same time and were like brothers. It is such a shame.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Didn’t know they were considering it nor did I know the NBA had / is planning to have an in season tourney…

Xeno

Ticket advice please. Trying to book NY Rangers for December 27th, but even the cheapest ticket on Stubhub is coming out at £204 each... that seems a bit steep! Are they likely to be cheaper nearer the time? Do I need to worry about getting tickets now or are they generally available?

edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/rangers/wiki/tickets/ helped!

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Always good to see those behind-the-scenes videos.
It's interesting because while I have seen an awful lot of fans essentially crying about their needs based preferences, the scouts seemed to focus on two things for all the players mentioned what the players actually showed and whether they are the best talent/character available. It's of course likely that most of these kids won't be NHL players but the mentality is in my opinion correct. Also it was interesting to see Swedens' scout focus on Reinbacher offense and making the point that he was most impressed by that aspect of his game.

JPRouve

Scout

Seeing the roster on paper makes the lack of top end talent even more obvious. :lol:

RedDevilQuebecois

Seeing the roster on paper makes the lack of top end talent even more obvious. :lol:
Probably the part I hate the most in every single NHL campaign: too many people brought to training camp and the cuts not being made early enough. No wonder why we suck with special teams every year.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Ticket advice please. Trying to book NY Rangers for December 27th, but even the cheapest ticket on Stubhub is coming out at £204 each... that seems a bit steep! Are they likely to be cheaper nearer the time? Do I need to worry about getting tickets now or are they generally available?

edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/rangers/wiki/tickets/ helped!
Seatgeek is your friend.

massi83

The lack of self awareness on the dude is something to behold. You would think given all the Franzen stuff that came out that he would be walking on egg shells.
Seems like a sociopath. Either thinks he can get away with it, and he did for decades, or doesn't understand it is wrong. Either way, hopefully he won't hold any management position ever again.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Can’t wait to see the Leafs lift the cup next Summer :drool:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Game 1 and the Leafs are still an absolute wagon. Can only see us with the cup this year.

JPRouve

Scout
Dach likely tore his MCL and ACL.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Not NHL news as such but former Pittsburgh Penguin Adam Johnson caught a skate to the neck last night while playing for Nottingham Panthers Vs. Sheffield Steelers and passed away over night.

RIP.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not NHL news as such but former Pittsburgh Penguin Adam Johnson caught a skate to the neck last night while playing for Nottingham Panthers Vs. Sheffield Steelers and passed away over night.

RIP.
Accidentally saw the video and feck me. Horrible. The guy who smashed into him swung his leg so high, surely that was deliberate? Obviously not to kill him but surely no need to do that movement.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Accidentally saw the video and feck me. Horrible. The guy who smashed into him swung his leg so high, surely that was deliberate? Obviously not to kill him but surely no need to do that movement.
It is difficult to judge what with it being on ice-skates and split seconds being the window for decisions, I know a few ex players who know the Sheffield lad whose skate it was and they all insist that it is about as freak an accident as you can get.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It is difficult to judge what with it being on ice-skates and split seconds being the window for decisions, I know a few ex players who know the Sheffield lad whose skate it was and they all insist that it is about as freak an accident as you can get.
I don’t know much about ice hockey but why would there be a need to basically roundhouse kick someone?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

RIP.
Wow, that’s heartbreaking.

RIP.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Nah, looked innocent to me, just the quirky way his leg moved when missing on a hit to the deceased's teammate.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I mean that’s manslaughter at the very least, there’s absolutely no reason for that player to raise his foot that high in the first place, he literally lifts his leg high for zero reason, I’ve no doubts he should be jailed for it.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I've noticed that I can't find the name of the the opposite player at all. I suppose they need to protect him otherwise the threats he'd get would be rife.

Watched the video, horribly rapid aftermath.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I mean that’s manslaughter at the very least, there’s absolutely no reason for that player to raise his foot that high in the first place, he literally lifts his leg high for zero reason, I’ve no doubts he should be jailed for it.
His skate clips the guy infront skate and shoots up. It was no more on purpose than what happened to Evander Kane last year or Olli Jokinen. It is a dangerous sport and this was a tragic accident.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
His skate clips the guy infront skate and shoots up. It was no more on purpose than what happened to Evander Kane last year or Olli Jokinen. It is a dangerous sport and this was a tragic accident.
I’ve watched the video a few times and yes there’s contact with the other player I mean I’m no ice skater but does he really need to fling his leg up, yes its an accident and he’s obviously not set out to hurt him but he definitely should be held accountable for causing his death.

it obviously gained traction on twitter in America\Canada and it seems like a lot of the hardcore NHL fans are in no doubts it’s intentional, dangerous play.