g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Nicholas Jackson

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Because by definition when you’re getting Higuain and Falcao on loan you know something isn’t quite right with them. These are players Chelsea took a punt on as squad fillers for a season. Some started more than I’d have a liked, some did a decent job. But to include them in a list of flops or failed strikers when that list is long enough as it is just embellishing the facts for the sake of it. That also applies to squad players that actually did a good job as squad players. Remy wasn’t a flop. He was signed as Costa’s back up and he was fine.
Atleast he didn't include Crespo :lol:

Care_de_Bobo

Because by definition when you’re getting Higuain and Falcao on loan you know something isn’t quite right with them. These are players Chelsea took a punt on as squad fillers for a season. Some started more than I’d have a liked, some did a decent job. But to include them in a list of flops or failed strikers when that list is long enough as it is just embellishing the facts for the sake of it. That also applies to squad players that actually did a good job as squad players. Remy wasn’t a flop. He was signed as Costa’s back up and he was fine.
Fair enough. For what it's worth United also had Falcao for a season and he was a massive disappointment for us too. Was being harsh on Remy I guess and he was an okay backup, Higuain was just not made for the PL. The rest though, regardless of the reasons, all failed to live up to expectations.

In fairness I could have stopped at Lukaku and the point would have been made, you're right about that.

Care_de_Bobo

Atleast he didn't include Crespo :lol:
Crespo wasn't at his best for Chelsea for sure, but he still produced some real moments of quality. Lovely player to watch and scored some nice goals, but just didn't fully settle in England. The rest of those strikers I mentioned don't come close to him in terms of performances for Chelsea.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Crespo wasn't at his best for Chelsea for sure, but he still produced some real moments of quality. Lovely player to watch and scored some nice goals, but just didn't fully settle in England. The rest of those strikers I mentioned don't come close to him in terms of performances for Chelsea.
I said it more in jest because almost everyone seems to shoe horn Crespo into the list for some reason.

I think Eto'o was pretty good for us all things considered, took a couple of months to get up to speed but once he did he was linking up superbly with Hazard and scoring multiple crucial goals in big games. I think we'd have actually won the league that year had he not got injured against Arsenal.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Good player, but striker will get judge by their goalscoring ability especially if there isn't goals coming from anywhere else on the pitch.

I definitely felt that jackson was meant to be like Pochettino firmino, Giroud, welbeck, etc, while nkunku, Sterling and palmer will be the goalscorer. Nkunku injury in particular has affected jackson performance the most.

https://x.com/Blue_Footy/status/1701927756630569358?s=20

Premier League tracking data shows Nicolas Jackson ranks top among all players for sprints. He has made more off-the-ball runs than any other Premier League player this season. He also ranks top for attacking runs. Most impressive, though, is that Jackson also comes out on top for runs challenging the opposition's backline.
The foundation was there at Villarreal that he could be a clinical finisher, so I don't know why it hasn't clicked with him yet.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
The sample size isn't that big. Lets get to 10 games first and then re-evaluate.

Chief123

At first I thought he could be their new Drogba.

Having seen him in all 5 games so far, I’ve concluded he’s shit.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Bit Nunez-y so far. Gets in the right places and spaces but messes up the final ball.

Amadaeus

His Villarreal form isn't transferring over to Chelsea. It appears that it was just a small sample that was analyzed before Chelsea bought him.

From the look of it, he is more of a welbeck kind of striker. He is good at almost everything else beside scoring. As such, he needs goalscoring wide attackers to get the best out of him.

Still think he is a good player, but Chelsea dropped the ball by not signing vlahovic as I said they should do last summer. Maybe Borja will be their main goalscoring striker

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
it was tough for him today. He gets no runners in behind him or close to him. His hold up play and link up play is still excellent but he looked so isolated today. Obviously his finishing should be better but didn’t feel he had much of a chance today.

Bobski

Shows the state of the position when Utd and Chelsea are buying punts for huge money, there just isn't a lot of high end strikers around, they are all playing on the wing not having to take the kicking or track back.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Still zero worried about him, he'll come good. Still does so much for our link-up play and works his arse off out of possession - he's hardly like a one trick pony who has to score to be effective.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
New song for him?

"I'm sorry Miss Jackson, but your son is so shiiiet,
He just made all the Chelsea fans cry,
You should go to Stamford Bridge and apologize" ;)

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
He gets like one chance a game, so when he does miss that once chance it gets magnified much more.
Haaland misses chance but he gets 4-5 chances every game.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He gets like one chance a game, so when he does miss that once chance it gets magnified much more.
Haaland misses chance but he gets 4-5 chances every game.
This is true as well. At Chelsea our forwards get like one chance per match max, so they take it or they're done for the game. It's no wonder you see so many different attackers over the years struggle, snatching at chances because the pressure to make it count is much higher than Haaland for example or even Alvarez, Salah etc who get multiple good chances per match. On a good day they take them all, on a normal day they miss most of them and take one.

Remember the geese

Still zero worried about him, he'll come good. Still does so much for our link-up play and works his arse off out of possession - he's hardly like a one trick pony who has to score to be effective.
I think you should be worried. He looks an 'interesting' player and that is both a positive and a negative. He has some decent attributes, but it remains to be seen whether he can put it all together one day. Far from a certainty, it looks a complete coin toss whether he becomes any good or not.

Last edited:

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
For me, he has still been quite impressive.

I would much rather have a young striker who is getting on the end of lots of chances and just not finishing them than a young striker that isn't getting into shooting/scoring positions with enough regularity.

I wouldn't write him off or Nunez for that matter.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I think you should be worried. He looks an 'interesting' player and that is both a positive and a negative. He has some decent attributes, but it remains to be seen whether he can put it all together one day. Far from a certainty, it looks a complete coin toss whether he becomes any good or not.
In terms of the metrics that are generally considered to be sustainable independent of results, he's been excellent.

The question mark is solely over his ability to finish. Last year he was excellent at finishing, pre-season with Chelsea he was excellent at finishing, thus far in the PL he's been terrible at finishing which has held him back despite being consistently in dangerous areas.

Even if the finishing doesn't go back to what he was doing at Villareal, he's shown more than enough in terms of pressing, running in behind, and link-up play to suggest he'll be a terrific player for a while. He's probably not a 30 goal per year guy, but I think there's every indication that he could be a 15G+10A guy in a team with competent teammates.

Amadaeus

How did he become one of the most clinical striker in LA Liga for 6 months to one of the the most non-clinical striker in the premier league?

Even though he has good defensive stats as a striker, I thought he would be one of the standout player of the season. Looks a completely different player than he did in pre season. Of course, he is still young, but he doesn't give any managers or team confidence with his finishing ability. This is a footballing mystery for me. I m trying to figure out what type of player jackson is.

He definitely reminds me of welbeck so far when he was at United and divided opinions.

kaku06

Vulgarian
How did he become one of the most clinical striker in LA Liga for 6 months to one of the the most non-clinical striker in the premier league?

Even though he has good defensive stats as a striker, I thought he would be one of the standout player of the season. Looks a completely different player than he did in pre season. Of course, he is still young, but he doesn't give any managers or team confidence with his finishing ability. This is a footballing mystery for me. I m trying to figure out what type of player jackson is.

He definitely reminds me of welbeck so far when he was at United and divided opinions.
Chelsea lost again. 5 points out of 6 matches. Still no Poch fault?

Amadaeus

Chelsea lost again. 5 points out of 6 matches. Still no Poch fault?
More of player fault. But what alternatives does poch has? Drop jackson for Washington? Wouldn't make sense.

Perhaps poch could drop one of his best performing player in Gallagher to enable enzo to play the number 8 role. Moreover, his only experience defender in thiago(who is doing well) to allow chillwell or maatsen to play lb. So those are the only fault, I see in Pochettino so far, but it will be a tough call.

Shake Jism

His off ball movement is good and does a lot of other things well like pressing, one touches, hold up, work ethic, etc.
It's just scoring goals he struggles with.

Well, that and not getting booked.

Amadaeus

I thought you knew what type of player he is. You told us all right here before the season.
Yes and I was correct because his stats when it comes to those are very good. What confused me is his finishing. His stat was exceptional at Villarreal and we was la Liga most clinical player in the 6 months he played. I guess that sample size was too small and you should never judge a player of one season. I still believe when nkunku comes back, he will come good though.

You’re annihilating @Amadaeus at the minute.
How?

You seem like a fellow intelligent poster as well. It is clear that he is struggling scoring goals, but I m trying to figure out why especially when he looked so clinical at Villarreal and also in preseason. It just can't be because nkunku has better chemistry with him than sterling. Or they are missing a true number 10. I m missing something, which is rare for me. (Or perhaps that is just it). Maybe when chelsea get nkunku and even carni back, jackson form will improve. Enzo isn't a 10 and neither is sterling. Mudryk did give jackson a great chance today. Perhaps also palmer will provide better chemistry in that 10 role as well.

Even though I was adamant that chelsea should have gone with another experience striker to compete with jackson, it was a tough call for me to make because I thought jackson would be able to lead the line without even a player like nkunku.

Last edited:

Santos J

Suspended for their next game because he's somehow picked up 5 yellows in 6 games :lol:

MegadrivePerson

but I m trying to figure out why especially when he looked so clinical at Villarreal and also in preseason.
He scored 12 goals in la liga, 12!
The season before he didn't score any.

The sample size is far too small, and hardly that of a clinical striker. It could have easily just have been a purple patch and what he's showing now is his true level.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yes and I was correct because his stats when it comes to those are very good. What confused me is his finishing. His stat was exceptional at Villarreal and we was la Liga most clinical player in the 6 months he played. I guess that sample size was too small and you should never judge a player of one season. I still believe when nkunku comes back, he will come good though.

How?

You seem like a fellow intelligent poster as well. It is clear that he is struggling scoring goals, but I m trying to figure out why especially when he looked so clinical at Villarreal and also in preseason. It just can't be because nkunku has better chemistry with him than sterling. Or they are missing a true number 10. I m missing something, which is rare for me. (Or perhaps that is just it). Maybe when chelsea get nkunku and even carni back, jackson form will improve. Enzo isn't a 10 and neither is sterling. Mudryk did give jackson a great chance today. Perhaps also palmer will provide better chemistry in that 10 role as well.

Even though I was adamant that chelsea should have gone with another experience striker to compete with jackson, it was a tough call for me to make because I thought jackson would be able to lead the line without even a player like nkunku.
When did he look clinical in la liga?

Oranges038

He's basically just Kevin Davies, good at hassling and running, but gets booked for stupid shit.

Also he won't score much, just like Kevin.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Inspired by the recency bias in the Mount thread: Jackson's back to being the best striker Chelsea have had since Costa.

acnumber9

Inspired by the recency bias in the Mount thread: Jackson's back to being the best striker Chelsea have had since Costa.
That could be true regardless. It’s not a tough contest.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
This isn't making the point you think it is.... :lol: