Nick Ajose

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
If we sell him, I don't think it's anything against Ajose whos been very strong over the last 2+ years. I just think the club feel, there are others who are better. We have that many talented kids, it's a real shame - but nothings confirmed yet so we'll see.

prateik

Saw the quote.
Knill is no longer the Bury manager and he probably meant going to the championship club who will pay his wages/loan fee which a league one club might not be able to afford

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Manchester United have accepted a bid from Peterborough for young forward Nicky Ajose, skysports.com understands.

The 19-year-old was a stand-out performer whilst on loan at Bury last season and player a major role in their promotion to League One.

A host of clubs have since made contact with United about the prospect of taking him on loan next season.

There has also been interest in signing him on a permanent basis and now Peterborough have made their move.

Darren Ferguson has made contact with his father Sir Alex and has thrashed out a deal believed to be worth an initial £300,000.

Ajose will now hold talks with the London Road outfit, who will look to finalise a quick deal as other clubs could yet make rival offers.

If the Ajose deal is finalised, he will be the third United player to move to Peterborough in the space of a week as they have already struck loan deals for Ryan Tunnicliffe and Scott Wootton.

United accept Posh bid | Football News | Sky Sports

cj_sparky

Yeah I reckon it will have some add ons, maybe based on P'boro's performance. Maybe promotion like with Shawcross, but mostly likely a sell on clause.

prateik

Ajose joins Peterborough

The club have confirmed that forward Nicky Ajose has joined Peterborough United for an undisclosed fee.

The 19-year-old has signed a four-year deal with Darren Ferguson's side and has flown out to Portugal to join his new team-mates for pre-season training.

Ajose signed professional forms at Old Trafford in the summer of 2009 having been associated with the club's youth setup for a number of years. After honing his skills for the U18s, he made the step up to Reserve football and his impressive form at the start of last season prompted the award of a first team squad number.

He scored 13 goals in 32 games during a successful loan spell with League Two runners-up Bury last season helping to fire his home-town club to promotion.

He returned to Old Trafford towards the end of last season and scored in United's Manchester Senior Cup final victory over Bolton Wanderers in May.

Everyone at United wishes Nicky all the best for the future.
Manchester United Official Web Site - Nicky Ajose leaves Manchester United to join Peterborough United

gone. all the best nicky

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Ajose joins Peterborough

The club have confirmed that forward Nicky Ajose has joined Peterborough United for an undisclosed fee.

The 19-year-old has signed a four-year deal with Darren Ferguson's side and has flown out to Portugal to join his new team-mates for pre-season training.

Ajose signed professional forms at Old Trafford in the summer of 2009 having been associated with the club's youth setup for a number of years. After honing his skills for the U18s, he made the step up to Reserve football and his impressive form at the start of last season prompted the award of a first team squad number.

He scored 13 goals in 32 games during a successful loan spell with League Two runners-up Bury last season helping to fire his home-town club to promotion.

He returned to Old Trafford towards the end of last season and scored in United's Manchester Senior Cup final victory over Bolton Wanderers in May.

Everyone at United wishes Nicky all the best for the future.
Manchester United Official Web Site - Nicky Ajose leaves Manchester United to join Peterborough United

gone. all the best nicky
Good luck to the lad. Always liked him. He's got a good pro head on his shoulders and he'll work very hard in the Championship I've no doubt. That undisclosed fee thing gives me the impression that if he does better than expected there'll be a buy back option....not holding out any hope mind.....just speculating.

westlife4ever

Good luck Nicky.

Bet we will see quite a few his trademark lobs in the Championship.

lysglimt

Scout
I would imagine there is a sell on clause. I think you'd be lucky to get £1m from a championship side for a lad who's only played at Division 2 level so far.
My guess is...about £300.000 rising up to £500.000 depending on this and that....and a sell on clause .. so yeah, I agree with you

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Just been transfer listed in peterborough, thought he was doing well for them.

Will Absolute

He's played just once for Peterborough since his move there in 2011. Since then he's been sent on loan to Scunthorpe and Chesterfield. Guess things didn't work out.
Wow! I was never a big admirer, but he did have his moment in the sun for us, when he was regarded as a promising talent.

How quickly things change for young footballers. One minute you're a Manchester United player, hoping for a call-up to the first team squad; the next you're being released by Peterborough, poised over a drop to lower league oblivion.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Wow! I was never a big admirer, but he did have his moment in the sun for us, when he was regarded as a promising talent.

How quickly things change for young footballers. One minute you're a Manchester United player, hoping for a call-up to the first team squad; the next you're being released by Peterborough, poised over a drop to lower league oblivion.
Maybe Darren Ferguson's a cnut

prateik

He'll be fine.
He wasnt anywhere close to the first team at United. He did well at a top league 2 club(against poor teams in league 2) last season.
A move to a struggling championship club came too soon for him.
He'll drop down a level and work up from there.

SecondFig

Surprising - he seemed to do really well in his last couple of loan spells for us (i.e. when we loaned him out), and he always impressed me in the reserves too... Just shows (yet again) how hard it is to predict which players will make it at the highest level

Sparky Rhiwabon

He'll be fine.
He wasnt anywhere close to the first team at United. He did well at a top league 2 club(against poor teams in league 2) last season.
A move to a struggling championship club came too soon for him.
He'll drop down a level and work up from there.
He’s been released by Exeter after 17 games in 2 years so it’s not looking likely right now.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/nicky-ajoses-exeter-city-career-5330057

Didn't think it was worth starting a new thread Mods

lysglimt

Scout
Must unfortunately go down in history as one of the biggest one-season wonders....in 2015-2016 he scored an amazing 24 goals in 38 matches for Swindon in League 1. Before and after that season he scored 38 goals in 190 matches

Grande

Must unfortunately go down in history as one of the biggest one-season wonders....in 2015-2016 he scored an amazing 24 goals in 38 matches for Swindon in League 1. Before and after that season he scored 38 goals in 190 matches
He didn’t do to badly in loan spells with Swindon before and after either, and at Crewe Alexandra. He showed he could be a good league one level forward. Maybe he was unlucky to have a Man Utd background, earning him contracts at Championship level clubs that resulted in a string of loans and a constant change of coaches and circumstances. He was bought by Charlton after his one golden season at Swindon as well. It’s difficult for many to find consistency when moved around that much.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Well this was a blast from the past, I'm off to Google Fabien Brandy now.

IRN-BRUno

Exeter is my hometown so I keep an eye on them, it's fair to say the Ajose signing was a disaster. He was signed on big wages but seen as a bit of a coup and someone who would make the difference between the play-offs and automatic promotion.

He started that first season slowly before picking up a knee injury which kept him out for 3 months. Came back around Christmas time and did okay, scored a few goals and was playing regularly until Covid struck and obviously postponed the season. They qualified for the play-offs but he didn't play a minute in those 3 games.

Last summer he was basically told he could find a new club as he would be 4th choice striker. Exeter generally played with 1 up front (Ryan Bowman) who pretty much played every game so opportunities were always going to be limited. Started in a few EFL Trophy games and actually did well which led to a few sub appearances in the league in late November/early December. But as that article mentions he couldn't train on the astroturf pitches they were using over the winter so he kind of just disappeared.

Was odd really, he never caused any issues in the press etc and the manager Matt Taylor was fairly quiet about it. In general he's not afraid to publicly criticise players so I guess there was just an acceptance from both sides that it hadn't worked out.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Exeter is my hometown so I keep an eye on them, it's fair to say the Ajose signing was a disaster. He was signed on big wages but seen as a bit of a coup and someone who would make the difference between the play-offs and automatic promotion.

He started that first season slowly before picking up a knee injury which kept him out for 3 months. Came back around Christmas time and did okay, scored a few goals and was playing regularly until Covid struck and obviously postponed the season. They qualified for the play-offs but he didn't play a minute in those 3 games.

Last summer he was basically told he could find a new club as he would be 4th choice striker. Exeter generally played with 1 up front (Ryan Bowman) who pretty much played every game so opportunities were always going to be limited. Started in a few EFL Trophy games and actually did well which led to a few sub appearances in the league in late November/early December. But as that article mentions he couldn't train on the astroturf pitches they were using over the winter so he kind of just disappeared.

Was odd really, he never caused any issues in the press etc and the manager Matt Taylor was fairly quiet about it. In general he's not afraid to publicly criticise players so I guess there was just an acceptance from both sides that it hadn't worked out.
Why couldn't he train on AstroTurf? Would he get injured or something?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I remember him playing in the milk cup and how they was high hopes for him :wenger:
Think he played so well at the Milk Cup there were rumours Barca were sniffing around - Angel Gomes before Angel Gomes.

@SoCross - I was convinced Sean Goss was the left footed Carrick!

Red00012

Think he played so well at the Milk Cup there were rumours Barca were sniffing around - Angel Gomes before Angel Gomes.

@SoCross - I was convinced Sean Goss was the left footed Carrick!
Febian tells a story that Barca were enquiring about him and he met SAF in the hallway and Fergie asked him about it , Febian didn’t know what to say only I’m flattered but Manchester is my home . Fergie taps him on the shoulder and says good lad :D