Nick Powell

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I absolutely think we should keep him at the club for a year. If anything it will be good for his football education.
I agree. At this stage the kid needs EPL football, something no other club will give him. By playing him in the Carling cup and giving him training with the likes of Scholes etc, he's not only getting valuable experience but we're also improving his chances of handling a first team place with a smaller EPL if we decide to loan him out the season afterwards.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I agree. At this stage the kid needs EPL football, something no other club will give him. By playing him in the Carling cup and giving him training with the likes of Scholes etc, he's not only getting valuable experience but we're also improving his chances of handling a first team place with a smaller EPL if we decide to loan him out the season afterwards.
That could be the path...though I'd be very fecking careful who we loan to if that is the case.

I've not problem with him going to Championship/League one clubs to continue his natural progression and play games, but certainly happy if he stays and learns with what we have.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
Am I the only one to think that we should keep him at OT for one year and see if he can deliver the stuff right away?
Nope, im with you on that. Try him first, if he is not up to it, send him on loan. At least you know exactly where he is at then. Some players lift their game immediately, others take more time.

I am not a fan of sending people on loan unless they have proved they are not yet ready. Can't really see the point with Fabio on a sidenote. He has been in and around the first team for years. With Evra in such regularly unconvincing form, surely if Fabio is not worth a shout by now, then for me i don't see how he can still be deemed good enough.

devilish

That could be the path...though I'd be very fecking careful who we loan to if that is the case.

I've not problem with him going to Championship/League one clubs to continue his natural progression and play games, but certainly happy if he stays and learns with what we have.
I agree particularly in the first paragraph.

Another question for all of you (to the risk of sounding cynical which many of us in the Southern part of Europe are, at least in terms of football). What do you think about us, stressing on the fact that we want on loan players to be regularly involved in first team football? I mean, we're giving that team promising talent, which are usually out of that club's reach. What we're asking in exchange is that these kids do not lose a crucial year of their career.

Honestly Im still pissed off on how Giuseppe Rossi was treated at Newcastle. He was much better to the players they had but they merely used him just to boost their ranks.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
We're also askign a club to develop a player they wont be benefitting from long term.

One of the reasons Crewe wont have Powell back on loan...but then do what Crewe have done and don't take them on loan if that is your philosophy.

Rossi deal absolutely enrages me still.

StuCol

Chimp
We'll see how he does pre-season then bed him in in carling cup games. If he plays well he might get a couple of prem appearances in some of the less high profile games. I predict 10-12 games this season

Yes yes, thankyou captain obvious!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
We're also askign a club to develop a player they wont be benefitting from long term.

One of the reasons Crewe wont have Powell back on loan...but then do what Crewe have done and don't take them on loan if that is your philosophy.

Rossi deal absolutely enrages me still.
Even after seeing how much Evans, Welbeck and Cleverley benefitted from similar deals?

devilish

Even after seeing how much Evans, Welbeck and Cleverley benefitted from similar deals?
I dont think that the likes of Sunderland and Wigan treated our loanee players as mere bodies to boost their ranks

Drainy

If I remember right he was given one start at Chelsea away...where he played wide left...mental.

I accept that not all loans work out...but that lad was hugely talented.
he started off being shunted out wide until they had an injury crisis and then he was played up front on his own and they started pumping the ball long to him.. for all of Rossi's strengths he isn't a fecking target man.

Kinky Melinky

We've just signed powell !!!! :eek: :devil:

....sorry, I've been living under a rock the past week :( Anyway, great news

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
Signing his little Brother Michael as well apparently. He is 14.
Better than Nick Powell!

Based purely on the fact that the younger brothers are generally hyped up as the better version despite it never materializing

Status
Not open for further replies.