g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Nicolas Otamendi | City Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We've had a bid of 35m Euros rejected for him according to Balague and local Valencia press.

So is he any good?

Devil may care

How much do they want for him if that isn't enough? Unless of course they just aren't interested in selling at all.

crimsonife

He's very good. Valencia has been great this season and that's due to their team including the defence. Otamendi has been a rock and he's one of the options I'd like to see us go for.

Mister_Stubbs

Aren't Valencia in massive amount of debt? Maybe up the bid a little and it'll force them to sell.

Truedevil

He's very good. Valencia has been great this season and that's due to their team including the defence. Otamendi has been a rock and he's one of the options I'd like to see us go for.
Is he right or left footed?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I think I've heard of him. But now that I have read his wiki page I am an expert

He only signed with them last year. So half a seaon and they rejected a bid three times higher than what they paid?

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
He's had a great season and I guess has started to prove the doubters wrong (I hadn't seen enough of him, but a lot of people laughed at Valencia for buying him). That price is absolutely hilarious though, I don't believe you actually offered that much.

Hed Zitin

How much do they want for him if that isn't enough? Unless of course they just aren't interested in selling at all.
Peter Lim's estimated net worth is $2.5 billion according to wiki. So he's rich, but not mega oil rich.

I think we've offered his value and haven't mucked around over it.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I remember him scoring the winner against Real recently. I don't remember much about his performance, but I remember him looking a little small for a centre back.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
He's had a great season and I guess has started to prove the doubters wrong (I hadn't seen enough of him, but a lot of people laughed at Valencia for buying him). That price is absolutely hilarious though, I don't believe you actually offered that much.
We're becoming so desperate for CBs that clubs know we're in need. Woody tries to outsmart them by bidding high so they'll be shocked and accept.
In reality, it starts the auction at a higher figure.

prarek

I think I've heard of him. But now that I have read his wiki page I am an expert

He only signed with them last year. So half a seaon and they rejected a bid three times higher than what they paid?
I think its mostly because they're building a team and don't need the money right now. Id be surprised if they sold first team players unless the player himself forced their hand. They have a rich owner now who's already spent around 130m

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
I remember him scoring the winner against Real recently. I don't remember much about his performance, but I remember him looking a little small for a centre back.
Yeah he's not very tall, around 5 foot 11 maybe?

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Aren't Valencia in massive amount of debt? Maybe up the bid a little and it'll force them to sell.
No.

peter lim bought them out recently. Hes the same guy who put the money forward for neville et al to buy salford city. He's a utd fan and i think used to work for us fairly high up.

Devil may care

Peter Lim's estimated net worth is $2.5 billion according to wiki. So he's rich, but not mega oil rich.

I think we've offered his value and haven't mucked around over it.
Ah, I wasn't sure how rich their new benefactor was, I knew he'd gotten a bunch of players in on loan while his takeover was completed.

50m buyout clause apparently.
Bloody hell, I honestly can't comment on him from this season but that seems a crazy fee to me.

Walters_19_MuFc

He's only 6ft, but he wins his fair share of aerial duels. According to whoscored.com, in La Liga he wins on average 3.5 aerial duels per game

Other centre backs (league only):

Pepe: 2.9

Godin: 3.3

Pique: 2.1

Smalling: 2.8

Cahill: 2.7

Ramos: 3.5

Jones: 2.3

Terry: 2.5

cyberman

I could see Hernandez / Nani getting involved in this deal if it goes forward.
Having a great season so far. Shows were not just jumping in for name ala Hummels and forgetting about what else is out there

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Who and why exactly? Otamendi was always a very decent player. An integral part of Villas Boas Porto winning team. Usually very reliable in the big games (as seen at Valência also). He had a bit of a bad phase in the last days of his Porto career but he wanted to move and his motivational levels after winning almost everything with them were running low. Porto defence suffered a clear decline when he left.

Flying_Heckfish

Was highly rated at one point. I don't think he's what we need at the moment though

An all-Argie CB pairing could be interesting though..

prarek

MOTM against Real Madrid. Some good tackles on Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema. Solid in the air and also scored the winning header.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I'm not saying that Otamendi would be a hit at United but i find it strange that anyone connected to Valência would laugh at the prospect of having Otamendi with the kind of center backs they had in the recent past. Not like they are exactly a top european club.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Who and why exactly? Otamendi was always a very decent player. An integral part of Villas Boas Porto winning team. Usually very reliable in the big games (as seen at Valência also). He had a bit of a bad phase in the last days of his Porto career but he wanted to move and his motivational levels after winning almost everything with them were running low. Porto defence suffered a clear decline when he left.
I thought it was people who watched Portuguese football who laughed but if you're saying that then it was maybe just people who seen him have a disaster of a world cup under Maradona.

He had a reputation for being a hot head too, though he hasn't exactly been cool at Valencia :D

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I thought it was people who watched Portuguese football who laughed but if you're saying that then it was maybe just people who seen him have a disaster of a world cup under Maradona.

He had a reputation for being a hot head too, though he hasn't exactly been cool at Valencia :D
He played at full back in that WC. Otamendi was clearly one of the best center backs in the portuguese football in the recent past. Slightly bellow Garay but quality never the less.

Heh most Argentinians i've seen in Portugal are a bit hot heads with the notable exception of Garay who was always very cool and composed in his play.

Walters_19_MuFc

What type of defender is he Sly, i.e ball playing or no nonsense?

Also, according to whoscored, although being right footed, he spends most of his time on the left side of centre back, which is what United desperately need, seeing as we've only got Rojo, Evans and Blackett (the last two I don't particularly rate) and could replace one of them; preferably Evans. Is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.