Nicolas Pepe - Signs for Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarrou

Wow..... Ndombele is going to Spurs, Pepe is going to Liverpool, Bruno is also being considered by Liverpool. This is so embarrassing.... Ole is such a liar.... We were supposed to do most of our business by July 1st and we've got Daniel James whose was brought in due to his potential and not to be a starter. Ole.... dude, you've ruined your legacy by managing United.
FFS

:lol: :lol: :lol:

beingshe7don

What's Ole got to do with this? It's Woodward's job you're talking about.
You don't think Ole played any part in deciding to go with this buy British approach? Are you saying that Ole had no part to play in deciding who we should be targetting this summer? I know Ed's a control freak but you gotta be kidding me, how else is he supposed to do his job if he doesn't get the players he wants? It's a massive rebuild... not adding bench players...

Hawks2008

You don't think Ole played any part in deciding to go with this buy British approach? Are you saying that Ole had no part to play in deciding who we should be targetting this summer? I know Ed's a control freak but you gotta be kidding me, how else is he supposed to do his job if he doesn't get the players he wants? It's a massive rebuild... not adding bench players...
I wonder how much input Phelan has, the British core idea would make more sense coming from him than Ole.

beingshe7don

None of the deals you mentioned have been concluded yet. Bruno might go to Liverpool but his agent supposedly met with us and Spurs when he was here, no mention of Liverpool. Ndombele is interested in Spurs but Lyon want 90 million and Levy is simply not going to pay that. Good idea to not get too triggered by the clickbait headlines and as Infra-red said, Ole is not to blame for the glacial pace that Ed sets in negotiations.

We will probably have AWB this week and a good chance of 1 more and the 1st July deadline was a wish not a guarantee. Window will still be open until August 8th and so we may still make more signings, we cannot conclude all of our business until we know if Pogba and Lukaku are actually staying or going and those kind of deals, especially with Raiola involved, take time.
DiMarzio has confirmed that Ndombele have reached an agreement of 65m Euros + add ons. As for AWB, Ed offered an add on to Crystal Palace if we win the CL. We can't qualify for the CL, let alone win it. As for Pogba and Lukaku, we've got to take control of situation and decide for them especially since both have come out unequivocally and mentioned that they won't out. Let's move on from them already and start building our team. Coutinho and Suarez wanted out and Liverpool moved on from them and build their teams... We should do the same.

Lemansky

Wow..... Ndombele is going to Spurs, Pepe is going to Liverpool, Bruno is also being considered by Liverpool. This is so embarrassing.... Ole is such a liar.... We were supposed to do most of our business by July 1st and we've got Daniel James whose was brought in due to his potential and not to be a starter. Ole.... dude, you've ruined your legacy by managing United.
You are making a fool out of yourself with statements like this. Ole have nothing to do with negotiating deals and the timeline of said deals.

beingshe7don

I wonder how much input Phelan has, the British core idea would make more sense coming from him than Ole.
That's where the problem lies. We keep trying to use Fergie's philosophy to resurrect our club. We need to move away from what Fergie did and do what makes sense for the club to be successful. Fergie won a championship with Jones, Smalling, Cleverley, Evans, O Shea, Gibson, Valencia and Young. Neither of those players would feature in any of the teams of the big clubs in the world. You think Ole and Phelan to replicate the same with the current squad. I don't think so.

Gandalf

DiMarzio has confirmed that Ndombele have reached an agreement of 65m Euros + add ons. As for AWB, Ed offered an add on to Crystal Palace if we win the CL. We can't qualify for the CL, let alone win it. As for Pogba and Lukaku, we've got to take control of situation and decide for them especially since both have come out unequivocally and mentioned that they won't out. Let's move on from them already and start building our team. Coutinho and Suarez wanted out and Liverpool moved on from them and build their teams... We should do the same.
DiMarzio is wrong, not for the first time either. As for AWB, we need him here on July 1st so until then Ed can haggle all he wants, the deal is still getting done. Pogba and Lukaku want out but the interested clubs don't have the funds right now, we are in a holding pattern until there is progress with the buying clubs and there is no way we should let them go cheap when everyone selling to us is taking us to the cleaners.

beingshe7don

DiMarzio is wrong, not for the first time either. As for AWB, we need him here on July 1st so until then Ed can haggle all he wants, the deal is still getting done. Pogba and Lukaku want out but the interested clubs don't have the funds right now, we are in a holding pattern until there is progress with the buying clubs and there is no way we should let them go cheap when everyone selling to us is taking us to the cleaners.
We don't have the luxury of time. The clubs that want Lukaku and Pogba can get them later on. The common sense approach would be to get the backups in first before we get rid of Pogba and Lukaku. If we go with Lukaku and Pogba in the new season, it's going to be another crap season since they will not put in their 100% for the team and we go back in this vicious cycle of Ole getting fired, we getting a new manager and not buying enough players again.

ArjenIsM3

Oh for sure he plays a part. He'll probably tell Woodward which positions he thinks need strengthening and will give him a list of players he likes. After that it's up to Woodward to get them in. There's no guarantee that Ole gets the players he wants. Just like Mourinho didn't get the players he wanted.

Gandalf

We don't have the luxury of time. The clubs that want Lukaku and Pogba can get them later on. The common sense approach would be to get the backups in first before we get rid of Pogba and Lukaku. If we go with Lukaku and Pogba in the new season, it's going to be another crap season since they will not put in their 100% for the team and we go back in this vicious cycle of Ole getting fired, we getting a new manager and not buying enough players again.
I agree in principle but the fact is we don't know that we will receive a bid for Pogba or Lukaku. The way our club is run financially the board is not going to release funds to sign replacements until they Know Pogba and Lukaku are done deals and right now there is no guarantee. Personally I would prefer to be proactive because once they are sold clubs will know we have cash to spend and are desperate and we will get rinsed again but this is the reality of how we do business under the Glazers.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Why would Edwards personally call Lilles to tell them that they have zero interest?
Hi is that Hillgate Motors? I saw the advert for the 18 plate Ford Focus in the newspaper and I was just calling to confirm I will not be buying this car.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Hi is that Hillgate Motors? I saw the advert for the 18 plate Ford Focus in the newspaper and I was just calling to confirm I will not be buying this car.
:lol:

Pretty much, if the phone call happened it was probably surreal but I'm pretty sure that it didn't.

Ban

Take a brake. You need it.

Teja

You are making a fool out of yourself with statements like this. Ole have nothing to do with negotiating deals and the timeline of said deals.
Wanting to play for a manager is definitely a part of it. Ole is not a big name and we struggled similarly to attract players when Moyes was in-charge.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Why would Edwards personally call Lilles to tell them that they have zero interest?
She has followed it up by saying they have a very good relationship and didn't want to ruin that with paper chat.

Still probably bollocks and never happened.

Lemansky

Wanting to play for a manager is definitely a part of it. Ole is not a big name and we struggled similarly to attract players when Moyes was in-charge.
This was an actual sentence in that post “Ole.... dude, you've ruined your legacy by managing United”

I am actually embarrassed by so called supporters associated with our club.

CognitiveNeuro

Reddy the myth-buster.
How does this idiot get jobs with Liverpool and ESPN? She gets things wrong time and time again plus the infamous "Liverpool are interested in Van Dijk, Alisson, Fabinho" article.

Also if you want to deny interest in a player you can making up something better than saying Edwards literally calling the president to tell them he's NOT interested. :lol:

Imagine selling out your club's actual transfer targets 2 seasons ago and getting promoted for it.

sp_107

I like the idea of British core but even Fergie needed some French magic to win his first EPL, so why not we add more from the list of Ndombele, Rabiot, Haller, Ousamane Dembele, Aouar?

Please dont bring Martial into the debate as I dont have much to say ;)

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I like the idea of British core but even Fergie needed some French magic to win his first EPL, so why not we add more from the list of Ndombele, Rabiot, Haller, Ousamane Dembele, Aouar?

Please dont bring Martial into the debate as I dont have much to say ;)
Kind of agree. Make or break season for him.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
How does this idiot get jobs with Liverpool and ESPN? She gets things wrong time and time again plus the infamous "Liverpool are interested in Van Dijk, Alisson, Fabinho" article.

Also if you want to deny interest in a player you can making up something better than saying Edwards literally calling the president to tell them he's NOT interested. :lol:

Imagine selling out your club's actual transfer targets 2 seasons ago and getting promoted for it.
She is a journalist for ESPN, she doesn't work for a particular football club.

But like with all clubs, some journalists seem to get fed info when the club wants to use them to get a story out. Maybe sometimes they use them in the negative - i.e. feed them false info.

PS - not saying this story is false info, I just mean generally!

DoomSlayer

Unless we offload Lukaku for big money or get rid of Sanchez without taking a monumental financial hit, we are not signing an expensive RW. It's the same situation as the CB department.

CognitiveNeuro

She is a journalist for ESPN, she doesn't work for a particular football club.

But like with all clubs, some journalists seem to get fed info when the club wants to use them to get a story out. Maybe sometimes they use them in the negative - i.e. feed them false info.

PS - not saying this story is false info, I just mean generally!
She used to work for Liverpool and it looks like she still kinda does.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

If she gets it wrong it's because the club wants the denial out there. She's basically a mouthpiece journalist.

Seem to recall all the usual suspects were fed denials about Alisson last summer too though.

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If I had a choice, Chiesa. He suits Oles style more and younger. In reality, if we were to get either, I’d be over the moon.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Chiesa vs Pepe

Who do you prefer and why?
Pepe is more of a Mane/Salah type, hes more a forward with really good scoring numbers (underlying stats and actual stats), while from what I can tell, Chiesa is more of a creator? So it depends on a few things like if we keep or sell Pogba.

Nick7

If she gets it wrong it's because the club wants the denial out there. She's basically a mouthpiece journalist.

Seem to recall all the usual suspects were fed denials about Alisson last summer too though.
Same thing with Simon Stone saying we didn't have a deal for AWB yesterday. All clubs have these kinds of journalists.

Gandalf

Italian press is linking us with Pepe again, supposedly Napoli are trying to sign him also and movement is expected this week. No idea how reliable the source is but the Liverpool connection seems to have gone quiet and I think most of us would be happy to see Pepe here albeit realising that probably means no Sancho in 2020. Don't see Ed coughing up the 60m Euro plus it would take to pull this off when RW does not seem to be a position we have prioritised in our dealings so far, certainly can't see this in addition to Maguire and a CM.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As good a season as he had, I have a funny feeling nobody really rates him highly enough to pay the money that Lille are hoping for. They are the ones insisting that clubs are in for him. I am not sure anybody actually is though.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
As good a season as he had, I have a funny feeling nobody really rates him highly enough to pay the money that Lille are hoping for. They are the ones insisting that clubs are in for him. I am not sure anybody actually is though.
Yeah it's weird he's gone from Bayern,Liverpool,United to Arsenal and Napoli and we're definitely not paying 80m for him. Lille and his agent are bluffing.

Red00012

Italian press is linking us with Pepe again, supposedly Napoli are trying to sign him also and movement is expected this week. No idea how reliable the source is but the Liverpool connection seems to have gone quiet and I think most of us would be happy to see Pepe here albeit realising that probably means no Sancho in 2020. Don't see Ed coughing up the 60m Euro plus it would take to pull this off when RW does not seem to be a position we have prioritised in our dealings so far, certainly can't see this in addition to Maguire and a CM.
The Liverpool rumors was supposed to be BS ,I reckon it’s the agent trying to line his pockets as much as he can.

Sterling Archer

What's weird is the comment from the one Lille exec that Manchester United had big plans for the summer in addition to Pepe. A big project maybe was the phrase.

SambaBoy

Seems like he's one of those player who is linked with the big clubs i.e Bayern, Liverpool, PSG and United and then ends up signing well below that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.