Niko Kovać

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Sacked by Bayern

That's how a club should be run.

Andy_Cole

Yes you’re right. It’s not just this season, it’s every season. We dilly dally way too long.

Ban

So you opened a thread about Niko KovaČ to talk about United?

It was a strange appointment, they never trusted him from the day one, it's like he was a reserve option until someone better comes along.

But let's return to United, shall we?

Gopher Brown

Yes you’re right. It’s not just this season, it’s every season. We dilly dally way too long.
I’ve been reading about him potentially being sacked for about 6 months now. Sounds like they’ve ‘dilly dallied’

Machine Elements

A heavy away defeat in the league and they release him from his duties. We, on the other hand, act at the latest possible time to maximise our damage. This has been the way for us since Fergie retired. Wait the last minute to sign Fellaini and overpay, wait the moment when it's mathematically impossible for us to finish in top 4 to sack Moyes despite it's been apparent since day 1 he's way out of his depth, wait after the pre-season to pay the price Leicester wanted for Maguire etc. Now we are waiting for Ole to "turn this around". We have an approach of the complete opposite of being proactive.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Thank you Frankfurt!

fecking Spurs delayed this by a few weeks.

mu4c_20le

I too wish we could fill our board with directors from some of the country's biggest corporations. Only then would we be too big to fail.

izec

It was time. Surprised they sacked him though, thought they would give him til January. Seems like they arent as naive as some other clubs

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Wonder who they’ll go for. Allegri is a bit like the old-school Bayern Munich coaches, but they will probably want one of the younger guys like Nagelsmann or Rose.

AFC NimbleThumb

So Bayern hire a former player, who despite his flaws wins them the league [‘easier’ in Germany, yes] but after 3 losses this season sack him cause they realise he wasn’t the right man for the job.

I’m more annoyed now then so was watching our team stumble to another 1-0 loss yesterday - how OgS has bamboozled parts of our fanbase is genuinely startling.

dove

Makes me sad seeing big clubs act like big clubs while we are pretending to be one right now.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Wonder who they’ll go for. Allegri is a bit like the old-school Bayern Munich coaches, but they will probably want one of the younger guys like Nagelsmann or Rose.
Rose and Nagelsmann aren't leaving their jobs now. Both only been at their respective clubs for a few months, and both seem like coaches who are aware of doing things the right way, in the sense that they are working their way up the ladder. It'll serve them well in the future.

Eric ten Hag will be a name mentioned a lot now as well as Allegri. And ten Hag with his previous association with Bayern would also make sense in that sense with the language situation too.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
You could argue that if they where run really well they wouldn't have employed him in the first place.
Really? Does that mean no club is run well? Because I guarantee every single football club on this planet will not be 100% successful with appointing managers.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Really? Does that mean no club is run well? Because I guarantee every single football club on this planet will not be 100% successful with appointing managers.
not sure how you get all that from that comment, well done though!

Maybe wait for some Bayern fans to tell you what the issues are there. It's all good people hailing Bayern for not putting up with Kovac, but it is just suggest to me that people may not be aware of all the internal madness that has gone on there for a while.

Please poach Klopp.
He won't leave Liverpool until the end of his current contract.

Pagh Wraith

Isn't Wenger the obvious choice at least until the end of the season? Available and native German speaker.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hilarious people comparing the situation Kovac was in to Ole ffs.

And it wasn’t “just” 3 losses. This has been going on since last year.

varga92

He has resigned.

Niko Kovač confirms that he has resigned himself: "I think that this is the right decision for the club at the moment. The results, and also the way we played lately, made me come to that decision" [fcb]

Last edited by a moderator:

varga92

Klopp would only leave Liverpool for the German national team position, and not for Bayern
Then Löw to Bayern and Klopp to the National Team. Everbody would be happy. (Except the Liverpool fans :D)

Un4givableB

Terrible club run by people (Uli Hoeness & Karl-Heinz Rummenigge) who don't know too much about football, they should have given Niko Kovač 33 transfers windows before then sacking him.

cheeky_backheel

As much as I dont like how Uliu and Karl hover over managers, Kovac sacking was a year late

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Board sets the standards. Not surprising that he was sacked though, too much smoke from last 6 months.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He has resigned.

Niko Kovač confirms that he has resigned himself: "I think that this is the right decision for the club at the moment. The results, and also the way we played lately, made me come to that decision" [fcb]
That's how a manager who truly loves the club would act. He's out of depth and he resigned because of it

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Funny that poch has outlived him after the drubbing Bayern gave spurs (and spurs being far worse since then).

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Funny that poch has outlived him after the drubbing Bayern gave spurs (and spurs being far worse since then).
Well, because of his previous success with the club, Poch has deserved some kind of trust and a 2nd chance. If Kovac has deserved anything, it was a sack one year ago.