Niko Kovać

Ban

Well, because of his previous success with the club, Poch has deserved some kind of trust and a 2nd chance. If Kovac has deserved anything, it was a sack one year ago.
Despite the fact he won a double?

saivet

People keep saying he should have been sacked a year ago is a little confusing to me. Wasn't he appointed last season?

I know Bayern weren't great but they still won the Bundesliga and the domestic cup so it would have been harsh to sack him then. Just wait for an appropriate opportunity, which they have and they would.

The mistake was appointing him in the first place, but once you give him the job, they had to give him a chance.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Well, because of his previous success with the club, Poch has deserved some kind of trust and a 2nd chance. If Kovac has deserved anything, it was a sack one year ago.
Kovac has enjoyed more success in one season with bayern than Poch has in five seasons with spurs.

feck me you lot are a bore. This bloke far and away has the biggest leg up on the competition in world football. It’s a one horse league and he was coming fourth with that team... bit different to the pl
He won the double last season and is now 4 points off 1st and 1 point off 2nd place. The results are not the major issue here, it is the quite frankly dire football on show.

Kovač did an amazing job at Frankfurt, but it's now pretty clear after his failed stint with the Croatia NT and a rough time with Bayern that he struggles to set up his sides to dominate games, showing a lack of attacking ideas and that his managing style also clashes with some established players' attitudes. He's a good manager, but not an outstanding one. Bayern was never the right fit, so it was overdue that they part ways sooner than later. I expect Hasan to follow him out of the door as soon as Hoeneß is out of the picture.

And I don't think that people necessarily compare the situation at Bayern to that at United, but it is another reminder that a top club should never be content with maintaining the status quo, be it in regards to results or some other form of continuity.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Kovac has enjoyed more success in one season with bayern than Poch has in five seasons with spurs.
Not if you put it in relation with the clubs' recent history. We still won the league and the domestic cup, but we haven't looked like a team in a league of its own in years, and only got worse over time. Our performances in the CL made it obvious that our winning the domestic competitions was not down to our brilliance, but to the weakness of the other Bundesliga teams. And all the while we kept getting worse. We now hardly play as a team and only rely on the incredible form of the likes of Lewandowski and Gnabry.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So has Ole being a terrible manager.
The golden man Mourinho who's sun shines out of his ass couldn't do any better.

It's clear the squad just isn't very good. Kovac had the best team in Germany and should have walked the league. Big difference.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Sacked by Bayern

That's how a club should be run.
I think these early sackings are never the sign of a well run club/process. Bayern are still in the cup, basically already won their CL group and are just four points behind in the BL, which this early in the season means nothing, especially since it's not an inform Dortmund/Leipzig running away with the title, but a newly built Gladbach side, which one would expect to slow down at some point.
It means they didn't believe in him, but gave him the season anyway. If Dortmund were living up to expectations this would've fecked up their chances of retaining the league title.

That's how a manager who truly loves the club would act. He's out of depth and he resigned because of it
I don't think love has anything to do with it. If he actually did resign it wasn't out of the blue, the club was already all but openly discussing whether to sack him on the spot.

Last edited:

Devil81

Funny that poch has outlived him after the drubbing Bayern gave spurs (and spurs being far worse since then).
Levy isn't stupid, Poch should by rights be out of a job by now.

In my opinion, he knows there could be a few big jobs coming available over the coming months and would rather lose his man for the 20 million than have to pay up his contract.

Devil81

That's how a manager who truly loves the club would act. He's out of depth and he resigned because of it
Walking out with his dignity rather than having the sacking on his record.

I'd say it was the club that acted with class by allowing him to do it before sacking him. I actually think United will eventually do something similar with Ole.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

I'd say it was the club that acted with class by allowing him to do it before sacking him. I actually think United will eventually do something similar with Ole.
It would cost Ole millions if he just gave up. Would he really give up so much money?

He does not strike me as a quitter anyway.

Devil81

It would cost Ole millions if he just gave up. Would he really give up so much money?

He does not strike me as a quitter anyway.
It will do his career more damage to be sacked, if he left with the clubs blessing and praise for bringing through the young talent he will at least have his dignity intact.

Ekeke

Bayern - another club who spent a shit load on defenders and their defensive record of 16 goals conceded in 10 league matches is worse than ours. Joint 11th best defensive record in the league

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

I believe Ole should have walked out the moment he was expected to start the season with no CM, no RW and no forward line. There's no way any manager would have been able to rescue our season after that. Instead he just smiled and shared their sin by coming out with soundbites like kids, culture, patience and the United way.

norm87cro

See we have Hajduk Split supporters in the CAF now. Let me be the third guy from Croatia to join this topic. Kovač was out of his depth and probably will be again if he gets the Croatia job (likley again) at some point. But Bayern are most certainly not a golden example of how a club should be run. They have the financial and logistical monopoly over the german league and any comparison with us is very silly because we play in the most competitive league in the World. Bayern still have the luxury od sacking every single manager because they know they will have the best players every single season.

Last edited:

Devil81

I believe Ole should have walked out the moment he was expected to start the season with no CM, no RW and no forward line. There's no way any manager would have been able to rescue our season after that. Instead he just smiled and shared their sin by coming out with soundbites like kids, culture, patience and the United way.
I agree with what you are saying and it's part of the reason I've been cutting him so much leeway in my judgement of him. Boxing trainers wouldn't send one of their fighters into the ring with one hand tied behind their backs, that's how it feels for me with Ole. He's hamstrung with a lack of attacking talent.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It will do his career more damage to be sacked, if he left with the clubs blessing and praise for bringing through the young talent he will at least have his dignity intact.
If he leaves Man United voluntarily, i'd argue his future job prospects would be worse.

If he's sacked it's because the board thought he did a shit job. If he quits it's because he knows he can't do the job.

Getting sacked is something most managers go through.

Big Andy

Bloke
Jesus. He only got the job in April. Why on earth would he give up his dream job before he’s even got started.

I bet when you’re at work and your boss asks you to do something that you maybe don’t know how to do it, or you disagree completely, you just sit there, smile, and do it anyway.

this forum is broken and toxic, it’s like society mirrored. Replace Stay/Leave with Ole in/Ole out and it could be a Brexit forum I.e fecking boring and full of people with agendas.

just sit back, support your team and your manager as long as he is the manager, and stop fecking moaning.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Levy isn't stupid, Poch should by rights be out of a job by now.

In my opinion, he knows there could be a few big jobs coming available over the coming months and would rather lose his man for the 20 million than have to pay up his contract.
I mean even leaving aside that coaching contracts don't magically disappear, just because a club puts someone else in charge; the amount of money and standing Spurs lose for missing top 4 or even finishing midtable will easily outweigh any sum a club is going to pay to get Poch out of his contract.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
See we have Hajduk Split supporters in the CAF now. Let me be the third guy from Croatia to join this topic. Kovač was out of his depth and probably will be again if he gets the Croatia job (likley again) at some point. But Bayern are most certainly not a golden example of how a club should be run. They have the financial and logistical monopoly over the german league and any comparison with us is very silly because we play in the most competitive league in the World. Bayern still have the luxury od sacking every single manager because they know they will have the best players every single season.
This. I also find it hilarious that the Ole out brigade uses this as an example of "how a club should be run". He won the double last year and is 4th points of first. Granted a heavy loss is never nice, but if that is the standards that "top clubs" hold their managers too, then every top club would change managers yearly. If you have that kind of ridiculous standard then both Pep and Klopp would have been sacked their first season and Fergie would never have built his legacy here.

Ole seems out of his depth and probably wont be here next year, but this is not an example we should want to emulate. Its fecking absurd

Ban

This. I also find it hilarious that the Ole out brigade uses this as an example of "how a club should be run". He won the double last year and is 4th points of first. Granted a heavy loss is never nice, but if that is the standards that "top clubs" hold their managers too, then every top club would change managers yearly. If you have that kind of ridiculous standard then both Pep and Klopp would have been sacked their first season and Fergie would never have built his legacy here.

Ole seems out of his depth and probably wont be here next year, but this is not an example we should want to emulate. Its fecking absurd
This thread isn't about Kovač at all, it's just about taking sly digs at Ole.

arthurka

Well he has won 3 titles with Bayern not something Poch can brag about.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Be funny if Mourinho swerved Arsenal and went to Bayern now.

devilish

Jesus. He only got the job in April. Why on earth would he give up his dream job before he’s even got started.

I bet when you’re at work and your boss asks you to do something that you maybe don’t know how to do it, or you disagree completely, you just sit there, smile, and do it anyway.

this forum is broken and toxic, it’s like society mirrored. Replace Stay/Leave with Ole in/Ole out and it could be a Brexit forum I.e fecking boring and full of people with agendas.

just sit back, support your team and your manager as long as he is the manager, and stop fecking moaning.
I actually left a job that I loved with a company that I loved simply because I wasn't given the tools to do the job at a decent level. Turned out that I was right as my replacement left as well and I was given my job back on better salary and with the resources I needed to do it. Bottom line of the story, I don't mind doing sacrifices for my job. God knows how many hours I spent at worked doing unpaid work simply because we needed to complete a project ASAP. However don't expect me to compromise my integrity and reputation by producing shoddy work. That's were the buck stop. There again, that also means, not taking any job which I feel I am way out of depth from doing even if it would be a dream job (which I also did btw)

If you wish an environment were everyone just toe in line and agree with the company line unconditionally then I doubt that a forum is the right place for you to go. I heard that North Korea is nice at this time of year.

Last edited:

devilish

I agree with what you are saying and it's part of the reason I've been cutting him so much leeway in my judgement of him. Boxing trainers wouldn't send one of their fighters into the ring with one hand tied behind their backs, that's how it feels for me with Ole. He's hamstrung with a lack of attacking talent.
I won't cut him any leeway whatsoever. He could have refused to accept the situation if he wanted to but instead he toed within the company line which makes him an accomplice to what they did. Don't take me wrong, I would neither expect nor agree with Ole causing an outrage because the club had refused to buy him Neymar or Ronaldo on ridiculous money. However we're talking about Manchester United starting the season with no midfield, no RW and no forward line. That's unacceptable on any level possible

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
To be fair they were already below expectations last season and it was a bit of a surprise that they did not part with him at the end of season. Being 4th, 4 points off top in Bundesliga after 10 games is not excusable for Bayern though. He never really showed he belonged to that level.

Sterling Archer

The golden man Mourinho who's sun shines out of his ass couldn't do any better.

It's clear the squad just isn't very good. Kovac had the best team in Germany and should have walked the league. Big difference.
???

But he did. He won the League Cup, Europa League, second place in the league, and FA Cup Final. Not to mention, in his most public meltdown season where he was jabbing left and right at players, Ed and press Jose STILL had a better record than Ole does now.

I love Solskjaer as a player and its not his fault he was made permanent manager despite being supremely underqualified. But just because a bad decision was made and is now burning us, doesn't mean we should dig our heels in. That's naive.

Sterling Archer

To be fair they were already below expectations last season and it was a bit of a surprise that they did not part with him at the end of season. Being 4th, 4 points off top in Bundesliga after 10 games is not excusable for Bayern though. He never really showed he belonged to that level.
Much the same way with Ole, it became very apparent the winning run was not his own masterclass and that once the euphoria wore off, he could not prevent the team from freefalling. The hope was a preseason would prove the worries unnecessary. But instead it's been worse than we could have imagined.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
We should have never signed him in the first place and his sacking came at least a year too late. I know things are bad for you guys, but this is by no means an example of how a big club should be run. This whole thing was a complete disaster.

90 + 5min

Sacked by Bayern

That's how a club should be run.
No, it is not. While someone will use this to point out how we should be sacking Ole Gunnar Solskjaer this is just bad. However his appointment didn't go to well from day one with some big guns at that club so it wasn't that wierd in any way. They saw this game (against Frankfurt) as a chance to get him fired. People saying that it was his choice. It was not. Doing it this way it seems just better on his CV and makes Bayern look "good".

So who will Bayern get? There are lot of speculations. They could go with upcoming managers or settle for some big name. If I guess I would say Allegri, Mourinho or Heynckes. There is some possibility that they could ask some questions to Klopp or Klinsmann (for next season). If they are thinking that way Heynckes will be appointed as takecare manager until next summer.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
No, it is not. While someone will use this to point out how we should be sacking Ole Gunnar Solskjaer this is just bad. However his appointment didn't go to well from day one with some big guns at that club so it wasn't that wierd in any way. They saw this game (against Frankfurt) as a chance to get him fired. People saying that it was his choice. It was not. Doing it this way it seems just better on his CV and makes Bayern look "good".

So who will Bayern get? There are lot of speculations. They could go with upcoming managers or settle for some big name. If I guess I would say Allegri, Mourinho or Heynckes. There is some possibility that they could ask some questions to Klopp or Klinsmann (for next season). If they are thinking that way Heynckes will be appointed as takecare manager until next summer.
Heynckes won’t come. Don’t think he’ll do that to himself.
I do believe we‘ll get ten Hag in the summer. But I have no idea who’s going to do it until then.