'No comments' news threads in the Transfer Forum

"No Comments" Player News Threads

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
I'm not questioning the idea, it's a good one; I'm questioning and disappointed by your lack of vision. You should be asking for something like this.....

It actually shouldn't be that complicated to do, the problem being people to provide the content.
That looks great!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I'm not questioning the idea, it's a good one; I'm questioning and disappointed by your lack of vision. You should be asking for something like this.....

It actually shouldn't be that complicated to do, the problem being people to provide the content.
Thats hilarious! love the Noodle story..and the fact that we have 3bn to spend on transfers :lol:

In all seriousness, i love that idea, its fresh and is relevant to the media times that we live in. Yes it would be a lot of work, but im not the one doing the work :) Niall?

Valentino

so whats going on ? looks like the this idea quickly dying out. thank god common sense prevailed.:drool:

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Yes. But as a seperate section. And no "SAM_MUFC_ITK", only good media sources.

Brightonian

I like the idea. Although this -

And no "SAM_MUFC_ITK", only good media sources.
- would be difficult to achieve and police. Half the professional journalists out there are as bad as the ITKs when it comes to transfer stories, and the boundary between 'professional journalist' and sports blogger is getting very, very blurry. Where do you draw the line?

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Great idea, how often do people come into threads with an old bit of news, or wanting to find out the latest but have to wade through 10s of pages of guano?

ciderman9000000

- would be difficult to achieve and police. Half the professional journalists out there are as bad as the ITKs when it comes to transfer stories, and the boundary between 'professional journalist' and sports blogger is getting very, very blurry. Where do you draw the line?

Twitter.

alastair

ignorant
So basically this is an argument for having a forum where no-one can comment in certain threads?

The BBC has it covered for news. Redcafe is for the discussion of the news. No need for this implementation.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck

If they work for the Times, Sky or The Guardian. As well as other national papers such as AS, Gazetta etc.

SER19

i think its a good idea, but also find it a bit rich that its this OP thats suggesting a way of keep any thread relevant.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I was actually thinking about this myself earlier, so I'm all for the idea.

ciderman9000000

i think its a good idea, but also find it a bit rich that its this OP thats suggesting a way of keep any thread relevant.
That hurts, man.

The point of these threads was to keep the actual news about potential transfers in one place; a thread for each target (Alcantara for example) in which only news items are allowed to be posted, where anyone could contribute but in which no further comments would be allowed.

The intention was never to discourage discussion, something which the threads in practice never did; there would always be the player's mega-thread available for both the latest news and whatever discussion it might have aroused to exist together. The 'no comments' threads were simply small, tidy places within our own website where the latest news could be easily compiled and perused.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Agreed with the principle of the idea. However, we'd be forever arguing what constitutes genuine rumours.The idea also implies every other thread can become a free for all. Basically an extension of the general.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
KM has been trialling the idea in the newbies for the last few days, and he's deleted a lot more posts than than has kept.

ciderman9000000

KM has been trialling the idea in the newbies for the last few days, and he's deleted a lot more posts than than has kept.
Noobs.

We trialed it here two years ago and it worked well. It just got forgotten about between the transfer windows.