Nolan's Batman

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Received the BluRay today. Just looked at the first 10 minutes, the image looks mint and the sound is absolutely brilliant. Good copy by the looks of it, but that's not a surprise, Warner usually don't go wrong with their main titles.

Spoony

The People's President
Received the BluRay today. Just looked at the first 10 minutes, the image looks mint and the sound is absolutely brilliant. Good copy by the looks of it, but that's not a surprise, Warner usually don't go wrong with their main titles.
Yeah, I purchased a copy and all. Will watch it tonight hoping it's a decent popcorn flick.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yep, it pretty much sums up what I was saying earlier in the thread.

It's a Batman film. So where the feck was batman for 90% of it?
Seriously? Batman isn't even the attraction of Batman films, it's the villain.

We knew most of Batmans story anyway, what we needed was the villains story really, who they were, where they came from and why they were doing it. Batman pisses me off in all truth in these, his voice is proper naff. Harder to understand than Banes.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Seriously? Batman isn't even the attraction of Batman films, it's the villain.

We knew most of Batmans story anyway, what we needed was the villains story really, who they were, where they came from and why they were doing it. Batman pisses me off in all truth in these, his voice is proper naff. Harder to understand than Banes.
Batman isn't the attraction of Batman films?

You learn something new everyday...

Lastwolf

To be fair, he has a point, Begins was batman's film, the rest of them just feature him and his arc but the primary driver of plot is always the villain.

Without Bane, Bruce would have spent the whole movie sulking in his room.

The Dark Knight, was all about the Joker, I think Bale was fantastic in that, but was overshadowed by Ledger. The problem with any batman movie is that the villain needs to be a threat to him and the city and to do that you have to throw some spanners in Bruce's world to slow him down.

vanthaman

Winner
Gonna watch the blu ray over the weekend I think, saw it at cinema. I hope I can take bane seriously though as all I think about when seeing bane is this;

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The blu ray is fantastic, the IMAX scenes and audio in particular are superb.

The special features are decent, but without director's commentary or deleted scenes being included it is a bit disappointing. Hopefully they'll address those issues and include some more features and the deleted/extended scenes with the 'ultimate collector's edition' due next year.

Count Orduck

See, those "how it should have ended" tend to be much wittier and better than the "honest trailers" shite.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Any particular reason they abandoned the format of a trailer halfway through to have some nerds moaning? Not even good moans either, and there were plenty to choose from.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
To be fair, he has a point, Begins was batman's film, the rest of them just feature him and his arc but the primary driver of plot is always the villain.

Without Bane, Bruce would have spent the whole movie sulking in his room.

The Dark Knight, was all about the Joker, I think Bale was fantastic in that, but was overshadowed by Ledger. The problem with any batman movie is that the villain needs to be a threat to him and the city and to do that you have to throw some spanners in Bruce's world to slow him down.
Of course, I get that aspect my tongue was firmly in my cheek.

My honest point being though, it is still a batman film and he does feck all in it. Even th fight scenes are terrible.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Batman in the comics changes character many times so killing off Batman would be fine as someone else can just take the mantle and carry on, which would stay true to the comics and allow longevity for the series, kind of like James Bond, where different actors can play the caped crusader in different sagas of the franchise.

izzydiggler

A lot of orange looking people on the Blu-ray - don't recall it looking like that in the cinema.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
It's a fecking awful film.

I can't finish a second viewing.
You know, I want to reply to this somehow, but honestly dont know how...

I think I should say "Well feck off and watch Titanic"

At the same time, I understand not all people like superhero films, and also there are plotholes, but still, it's a brilliant take on the batman universe with a great performance from Tom Hardy as Bane...

If you didn't like it, you didn't like it, your own taste I suppose.

Spoony

The People's President
I thought it was good although it lacked direction and was far too long, I reckon Nolan overplayed it due to the fact it was the finale, and as a consequence it suffered in the same way as ROTK...basically it didn't quite turn out the epic Nolan intended. Having said that I enjoyed it...It was a decent Hollywood blockbuster. Let's not pretend we were in expecting Ran or Sunset Blvd.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I thought it was good although it lacked direction and was far too long, I reckon Nolan overplayed it due to the fact it was the finale, and as a consequence it suffered in the same way as ROTK...basically it didn't quite turn out the epic Nolan intended. Having said that I enjoyed it...It was a decent Hollywood blockbuster. Let's not pretend we were in expecting Ran or Sunset Blvd.
I personally didn't think it was too long, I actually thought he tried to cram too much into a short space of time, I'd have been quite interested in more of Banes backstory (I've heard there were versions of a more primitive mask, and workings of the doctor on him (the guy who sits and is blind while Bruce gets cared for in the pit)). The end to me, was too crowd pleasing too, he could have went and left us wondering... basically, shown Alfred in the cafe, and smile... but not show Bruce or Selina, so the crowd could make up their own mind (Alfred fantasizing, or Alfred actually seeing them). Banes "end" was AWFUL too I thought, but I guess, it would be hard to kill him other than something shit like that.

It's still an awesome film for a comic book/action/trilogy imo. This trilogy got better by the movie, rather the the general downward spiral.

Spoony

The People's President
Yeah I agree...but Hollywood loves a happy ending. As for cramming, Jackson did the same with his finale..which is why I compared it with ROTK.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The problem with the "happy ending" to me is you generally go in to the cinema knowing the outcome of the film. I still go, or watch the movie on DVD, but it's a bit shitty knowing the ending before it happens. James Bond is the worst for this.

I've actually never seen the LOTR trilogy, so wasn't entirely sure of the comparison :p

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It was a least an hour too long for what little plot there was.

And Batman's death would have been a happy ending for me.

Preferably in the first reel ;)

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It's still an awesome film for a comic book/action/trilogy imo. This trilogy got better by the movie, rather the the general downward spiral.
Seriously? I don't know anyone who doesn't think that Batman Begins was by far the best of the three. The second one wasn't great but saved by the joker and the third was a snooze fest.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
You know, I want to reply to this somehow, but honestly dont know how...

I think I should say "Well feck off and watch Titanic"
Titanic may have been silly cheesy melodrama staring one of my most hated actors but it was still a far better film than this 2.5 hour long turd.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Another thing that both of those films have in common is that they have really really silly endings.

Spoony

The People's President
It was a least an hour too long for what little plot there was.

And Batman's death would have been a happy ending for me.

Preferably in the first reel ;)
The acting was pretty cheesy and all, and you could knit pick all the day long, but it was a Hollywood blockbuster, it didn't pretend to be anything other than just that - a big budget popcorn flick for the masses. Also am I the only one who thought Ann Hathaway, cawwwwww, was miscast? Don't get me wrong, I wasn't complaining when she swung those hips in that tight lycra catsuit... But I thought she wasn't sassy enough.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It's got nothing on Real Steel.

I thought Hathaway was really good tbf, but the outfit - however good her arse looked - was just as naff as it looked in all the promo pics way back when.

It obviously should've ended (or at lest that bit should've ended) with Alfred nodding at the camera/cut...But then there'd have been months and months of Inception like bitching over whether it was a dream or not. And we can all do without that.

Spoony

The People's President
It's got nothing on Real Steel.

I thought Hathaway was really good tbf, but the outfit - however good her arse looked - was just as naff as it looked in all the promo pics way back when.

It obviously should've ended (or at lest that bit should've ended) with Alfred nodding at the camera/cut...But then there'd have been months and months of Inception like bitching over whether it was a dream or not. And we can all do without that.
At least she didn't 'purrrrrrrrr' like Eartha Kitt, I guess.