Nolan's Batman

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I could've been swayed by the fact I was expecting her to be meh, but was pleasantly surprised at how well she pulled it off. Anne Hathaway seems to be one of those actresses everyone dislikes until they see in her something.

As for getting better as they went along, well that's poo poo, the first half of Begins is still easily the best That said the action got a lot better, and I'd say the middle of TDK (before the ferry/sonar bollocks) and the end of this were the next best bits.

In short it could've made one outstanding film. Albeit a film that would've made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Mockney

She's apparently very good in the Miserables too, according to someone I know who's seen it and loves her musicals. Though that's not really one for my tastes. I think she's probably a very good actress, she just had that "goofy big eyed twat from that Princess shit" stigma going on for a bit.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I wasn't sure what to make of "catwoman" before I seen the film... I thought it was going to be a major letdown. Thought it was done quite well and I didn't mind Hathaway in the role at all. She looks like a psycho anyway imo.

Spoony

The People's President
I'm not saying she was bad, but was she Catwoman enough? I thought she was a nice pretty girl masquerading as the notorious feline thief. That said I did enjoy her.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I liked Hathaway in it but she had an easy character and didn't do anything special with it. Who would have been a better Catwoman?

You know, I want to reply to this somehow, but honestly dont know how...

I think I should say "Well feck off and watch Titanic"
Why would you want to say that?! Is Titanic your idea of a great movie?

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
I never fancied Hathaway before the film but she was super sexy as catwoman.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Watched this for the first time last night (I somehow managed to avoid spoilers...). Great movie, not as good as The Dark Knight, in my opinion, but still brilliant. Bane is just an awesome character. One thing that bugged me while the credits were rolling though...

When Bruce escapes The Pit, how does he manage to get back to Gotham? I know we're supposed to suspend disbelief and all that but Gotham was cut off from everywhere and next thing we see is Bruce Wayne walking down the street. They could have given a quick explanation or something.
Anyway, that's just a minor thing. It didn't ruin my enjoyment of the movie. Also, I now have a huge thing for Anne Hathaway.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
You mean all the way from where he was? I imagine it wasn't that hard. He has contacts everywhere and he only needed to walk across the bridge, or under it, to get to the island. It's not hard to get to the island. By doing so you would be endangering your life and the lives of others so that's why the government stayed back.

Anne Hathaway is just a very good actress. Superhot, not afraid of nudity. She's a movie fan's dream.

Mockney

I'm more bothered by how he just bopped across the previously shown to be precarious ice in his full, presumably very heavy, bat gear and had a long conversation with Gordon before encouraging him to light petrol on it.

Talk about minding your fecking surroundings.

kietotheworld

I'm more bothered by how he just bopped across the previously shown to be precarious ice in his full, presumably very heavy, bat gear and had a long conversation with Gordon before encouraging him to light petrol on it.

The ice was precarious in the day time, Batman turned up at night when it was colder. Admittedly setting a big fire on it was somewhat reckless.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's also made from superhero stuff so he's no heavier than a marine in full gear I imagine.

Art

Art the artist
I thought that the film was mediocre at best, massive disappointment after The Dark Knight.
Looking back at the three movies, I feel Batman Begins has a great re-watch value to it followed by Dark Knight and finally TDKR. I wasn't able to analyse the movie after I first watched it, the fanboi in me erupted with stupid posts in the caf claiming as to how it is the best of the three. But yeah looking back, I would agree.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Looking back at the three movies, I feel Batman Begins has a great re-watch value to it followed by Dark Knight and finally TDKR. I wasn't able to analyse the movie after I first watched it, the fanboi in me erupted with stupid posts in the caf claiming as to how it is the best of the three. But yeah looking back, I would agree.
Yep.

I'd go further and say that most of Nolans stuff suffers in the rewatchability stakes, the exception for me being 'The Prestige' which I initially thought was a bit meh but has actually grown on me in the 2 times I've seen it since. I think it's brilliant.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Batman Begins definitely for me the best of the three, great story telling and have seen it a few times and don't get bored of watching that. Can't say I'm that bothered to watched the next two again!

Art

Art the artist
Yep.

I'd go further and say that most of Nolans stuff suffers in the rewatchability stakes, the exception for me being 'The Prestige' which I initially thought was a bit meh but has actually grown on me in the 2 times I've seen it since. I think it's brilliant.
It took me 3 watches to grasp the meaning within Prestige :lol:

I was 15 when I watched it first :D

Lastwolf

I feel like TDKR was never going to be good enough to match the hype train.

I felt like that about TDK too and was pleasantly surprised when it was pretty close to the hype.

For me Begins will always be the best, I despise origin stories normally because it's hideously boring to watch what I know will happen and they often hold the character back until the last 20minutes of the film and I feel like it's all setup and very little pay off. Begins probably did all that as well, but it was so enthralling I couldn't give a shit.

Look, there are flaws in every movie and if you have a will you can make anything look ridiculous. I think in TDKR Nolan let the rule of cool ummm rule a bit too much and I'll always think he lapped out on the best ending for a happy ending. But it was an excellent trilogy and if he was making another I'd watch it in a heartbeat.

I don't care what anyone says when the fiery bat symbol happened no matter how silly it was, I had to restrain myself from shouting in the cinema "IT'S ON!!!, WOOOHOO BATMAN IS BACK, BITCHES" if you weren't also thinking that, then feck you, basically.

Silva

When the fiery bat symbol lit I was left wondering what the feck was going on and why he didn't just come along and save the day, as opposed to taking time out to do that. It made the Batman look like a showoff and a twat.

acnumber9

People should watch Adam West's Batman that is doing the rounds on Sky Movies at the minute then come back and complain about this.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
When the fiery bat symbol lit I was left wondering what the feck was going on and why he didn't just come along and save the day, as opposed to taking time out to do that. It made the Batman look like a showoff and a twat.
It was a psychological move clearly. Mind games.

zing

Zingle balls
Why didn't Bane just blow up the city after he got the bomb, instead of driving around the city with it?

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.

Yeah, but even Neeson said in Begins that he never did learn to mind his surroundings.

Zen

Same for TDK. It's the imax scenes filmed in fullscreen. I'm glad they don't crop them even more really, I like getting them, the far more cropped versions with consistent aspect ratios are shown on Sky though since one of my friends refuses to watch the blu ray over it as well -_-

He wanted TDKR to be fully filmed with IMAX cameras, don't really know what happened there, technology holding it back though most likely, not like he wouldn't of been able to get a few more quid from WB to do it.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
I know I'm a little late to the party, but I've just finished watching The Dark Knight.
I haven't read through the other comments so I don't know how you guys rated the film, and I care not a jot.

That film was the best form of media based entertainment I've witnessed in my 31 years on this planet.

The End.

Drainy

Batman Begins had the better story, but lacked a decent villain- which is essential for this kind of film to work. The Dark Knight had a great villain, but the story was a little bit meh.

The best film ever made is Pulp Fiction.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Why did they film the stadium scene in something that was obviously not New York? They had the distinctive Pittsburgh bridges, the Pittsburgh Steelers colors, the stadium even had a sign saying "Heinz" on it. Now, I realize that I am one of the few people who has a knowledge of football stadiums, an interest in distinctive bridges, watched this movie and has OCD but it really annoyed me for the rest of the movie.

Quinton Fortune

Why did they film the stadium scene in something that was obviously not New York? They had the distinctive Pittsburgh bridges, the Pittsburgh Steelers colors, the stadium even had a sign saying "Heinz" on it. Now, I realize that I am one of the few people who has a knowledge of football stadiums, an interest in distinctive bridges, watched this movie and has OCD but it really annoyed me for the rest of the movie.
Gotham is supossed to have a variety of different architectures. Its chicago, pittsburgh and new york combined i think, that said its not very consistent across all 3