Non-Tory voters, what would it take for you to vote Tory?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
An extremely economically competent and liberal Tory party, functioning against Labour/SNP/Lib Dem leaders who are somewhere between incredibly hard to dislike and outright abhorrent.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Changing their name to Tory-lite.

dellboyy

A complete turnaround on most of their policies.

And somehow a turnaround on all of their personalities.

In fact just replace most of them, and the above.

Manny

Grammar Police
A gun to my head and my balls in a vice.

Even then I'd have to think about it.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I thought initially I might if it was a straight choice between them and UKIP/BNP. But they are all the same now really, I'd probably just spoil my ballot.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I thought initially I might if it was a straight choice between them and UKIP/BNP. But they are all the same now really, I'd probably just spoil my ballot.
talk about overly dramatic

They are nowhere near the level of either of those. In fact even though I dont like UKIP, its also insulting them to put into same category as those feckers in the BNP

Nogbadthebad

Doesn't really matter what they do, never going to happen.

I don't know the Clapson family, never will, but David Clapson died because of tory policy, he is not the only one, but in the sea of anonymous victims, he has a name and a face. He served in the forces, and he died alone and with nothing, no insulin because he couldn't afford electricity for his fridge, no food in his belly at all, he hadn't eaten for at least 4 days, and all he had near him was a pile of letters he had written for job applications that he could not afford the stamps to send.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...n-benefit-sanctions-death-government-policies

I'd piss on anyone that votes for that.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best

I don't know the Clapson family, never will, but David Clapson died because of tory policy, he is not the only one, but in the sea of anonymous victims, he has a name and a face. He served in the forces, and he died alone and with nothing, no insulin because he couldn't afford electricity for his fridge, no food in his belly at all, he hadn't eaten for at least 4 days, and all he had near him was a pile of letters he had written for job applications that he could not afford the stamps to send.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...n-benefit-sanctions-death-government-policies

I wonder has anyone ever died needlessly when Labour were in power?

Nogbadthebad

I wonder has anyone ever died needlessly when Labour were in power?
Its a deliberate policy choice, not an accident. The government are under UN investigation for it right now. And labour have certainly never been in that situation.
Tomorrow Nursing bursaries are being removed. That means nurses, who earn relatively little anyway, £28K after a couple of decades of promotions is the best they can hope for, will be expected to work 36 hours a week in hospitals and borrow money to do so. Bursaries existed to pay for the work those students actually do.May does not think nurses should be paid to work.

That is the tory party, dismantling health care so they can afford tax cuts for corporations.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks

The Conservatives definitely failed David Clapson. But so did the Liberal Democrats. And Labour.

Relying on job-seekers to live. It's not right

Don't Kill Bill

I never thought I would ever consider voting any other way than Labour. I don't know which way to vote in this election.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Ha![/Krabappel]

x42bn6

If I live in:
  • Islington North as a wasted, protest vote
  • A Conservative-UKIP marginal as a lesser-evil vote
That said, I'll be voting Labour come June, because my MP has a slim majority over the last Conservative candidate, our political views aren't overly-far apart (I'm closer to the Lib Dems), and she's responsive towards my emails. Labour will likely lose heavily anyway but it's going to be the outside-of-London seats that will hurt the most, not London.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Don't think Norway-style is smart for anyone but Norway to be honest.
Why not? Norway style is PERFECT

1) It means we leave the EU. And Theresa May can say she delivered on Brexit.
2) Nothing much changes!!!!
3) We can also get those nice trade agreements with countries like the USA and the Commonwealth, so Dan Hannan could be happy too (and shut up).

Classical Mechanic

Strong economic performance.
Reformation of some of their cuts to the most vulnerable.
More support for small businesses.
Maintaining employee rights after leaving the EU.
No more threatening the BBC.
Continued promotion of Greater Manchester as started by George Osbourne.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I've been procrastinating for five years, chief. :D

Last edited:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
If Mrs May said she'd scrap Brexit if the Tories won and we'd stay in the EU, I'd vote for them.
Likewise. Or at the very least propose a deal in her manifesto similar to Norway.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Why not? Norway style is PERFECT

1) It means we leave the EU. And Theresa May can say she delivered on Brexit.
2) Nothing much changes!!!!
3) We can also get those nice trade agreements with countries like the USA and the Commonwealth, so Dan Hannan could be happy too (and shut up).
Because it's expensive (and you still abide by what the EU says, you just don't have a say in what they do), and when it came up as an alternative in norwegian press for you guys the consensus (at least for when i was watching), was that it was economically just not worth it.
But on the point that you already have to leave the EU, yes it's probably as good as it gets for you now.