NonceUponATimeInEpsteinAndAndyLand

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
This has been one rather bizarre and tasteless aspect of the whole Andrew case, the equivalence the tabloids have made with Andrew's sexual assault allegations and Harry marrying a black woman and doing that interview.
Well to be fair a Royal marrying a woman of colour is a new thing whereas as .......

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I'd love to see the end of these cnuts in my lifetime

sadly it seems impossible
How would Britain change on a day to day basis if they were thrown out? I don’t think it’d make any difference to most peoples lives.
Royal families are such a feckin stupid idea- I’ve no idea how ye continue to put up with them.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
How would Britain change on a day to day basis if they were thrown out? I don’t think it’d make any difference to most peoples lives.
Royal families are such a feckin stupid idea- I’ve no idea how ye continue to put up with them.
How about a country that thinks it can't be trusted to rule itself?

I give you Australia.

FireballXL5

They're the glue that holds the whole anachronistic feudal system together in the UK. That isn't going to change any time soon.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Honestly I’m really disappointed in this.

she should have taken him the whole way. If women really want to make a hard statement about all this shit then they have to pursue it in it’s entirety.

Unfortuntely she will now be viewed by many as simply being after the money. Like it or not.
If people want to come to such a ridiculous conclusion they’re free to do so. If you’ve even been the victim of a crime I imagine you can understand wanting to go to civil court if there’s not enough to convict in a criminal court, or charges aren’t pressed. The only punishment there is money, so why have a trial if the person will already pay you? The story is out already.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Depressing stuff when Andrew’s main way back into public life is helping sexual abuse victims. Fecking disgraceful that it can even be suggested.

Rooney24

If people want to come to such a ridiculous conclusion they’re free to do so. If you’ve even been the victim of a crime I imagine you can understand wanting to go to civil court if there’s not enough to convict in a criminal court, or charges aren’t pressed. The only punishment there is money, so why have a trial if the person will already pay you? The story is out already.
To fully hold him to account as she herself repeatedly said she wanted.

While the outcome may be the same in financial terms the agreement doesn’t have any admission of personal wrong doing or guilt.

sure we all know if but having it confirmed in a court case is fully holding him to account.

Mike Smalling

Is this taxpayer money, or is it not quite as simple as that? If it is, I imagine that would be a big blow to the support of the Royal Family.

I am supporter of the monarchy in my own country, but if they got up to shit like this, that would change pretty quickly.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Is this taxpayer money, or is it not quite as simple as that? If it is, I imagine that would be a big blow to the support of the Royal Family.

I am supporter of the monarchy in my own country, but if they got up to shit like this, that would change pretty quickly.
As I understand it he sold one of his mansions or something to raise the funds. But yeah if you trace it back far enough all their capital comes from the public coffers.

GloryHunter07

Imagine what his daughters must think about all this. He has basically had to use their inheritance to paper over his disgusting past.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Imagine what his daughters must think about all this. He has basically had to use their inheritance to paper over his disgusting past.
In fairness, they're a few notches down the list of victims aren't they?

Fingeredmouse

I'm not sure that's what should really be bothering them most what with the staggeringly affluent life they are nonetheless guaranteed.

Gandalf

To fully hold him to account as she herself repeatedly said she wanted.

While the outcome may be the same in financial terms the agreement doesn’t have any admission of personal wrong doing or guilt.

sure we all know if but having it confirmed in a court case is fully holding him to account.
I think I am ok with a victim of sexual assault not wanting to go through a trial and continue to relive the experience when she can accomplish her goal of convicting her abuser in the court of public opinion this way and move on with her life.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Put it this way - the public currently pay £500,000 a year just for his individual security.

Denis79

Dissapointed with the BBC honestly, I always held them in high regard but instead of speaking about the trauma a rapist has caused, the discussion is instead if he can redeem his name.

GloryHunter07

Widow

But he's innocent, right?...

... Is the drum he can now bang and in time people will forget. You should never settle out of court if you're a genuine victim.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale

... Is the drum he can now bang and in time people will forget. You should never settle out of court if you're a genuine victim.
Yeah we can all say that and I agree but would you have the same feelings with 10 million in front of you?

Fair play to her as she has exposed him even without taking him to court and set herself and her family up for life. Deserves every penny.

GloryHunter07

Dissapointed with the BBC honestly, I always held them in high regard but instead of speaking about the trauma a rapist has caused, the discussion is instead if he can redeem his name.
Yeah this is a bit of a weird narrative for the BBC to be pushing.

GloryHunter07

Yeah we can all say that and I agree but would you have the same feelings with 10 million in front of you?

Fair play to her as she has exposed him even without taking him to court and set herself and her family up for life. Deserves every penny.
Not to mention she was probably racking up ruinous legal costs.

Tarrou

going through all this must have been a nightmare for her, I don’t think you can begrudge a victim wanting the case to be over when it’s in the public eye like this

Widow

I work around civil cases a lot and you get to learn very quickly who wants the money and who wants 'justice'. Although everyone has already made their minds up, mainly because he is part of the establishment, of his guilt, it has never been proven.

As for damages, they would have been plenty if she went through with the trial. I wonder how confident her counsel was of getting a guilty verdict.

If it's true, she absolutely deserves the money but the world deserved the truth.

Widow

going through all this must have been a nightmare for her, I don’t think you can begrudge a victim wanting the case to be over when it’s in the public eye like this
As above.

I'm always more focused on the legal aspect rather than any monetary gain. Easy to say when it's not my money though, I suppose.

Gandalf

If it's true, she absolutely deserves the money but the world deserved the truth.
The world does not deserve a damn thing and she has no obligation to anyone but herself.

Regarding the truth we can recap pretty easily;

Epstein was a known sex trafficker
Andy was best mates with Epstein and spent a lot of time in his company
Victoria was known to be one of the women trafficked by Epstein

I can figure out the truth pretty easily without a court case.

Widow

The world does not deserve a damn thing and she has no obligation to anyone but herself.

Regarding the truth we can recap pretty easily;

Epstein was a known sex trafficker
Andy was best mates with Epstein and spent a lot of time in his company
Victoria was known to be one of the women trafficked by Epstein

I can figure out the truth pretty easily without a court case.
Oh, dear!

Thank god we have the law

Gandalf

To those that don't understand it, maybe.
The law, both here in America and back home in Britain, was created by wealthy white men to protect their interests and provide advantages to those that can afford it whilst disenfranchising those of limited economic status, different skin colour and those evil harridans in possession of vaginas. If you understand the law at all you know this to be true but it is of course a far larger and more complex issue than whether a man who habitually associates with rapists and perverts is one himself.

Widow

The law, both here in America and back home in Britain, was created by wealthy white men to protect their interests and provide advantages to those that can afford it whilst disenfranchising those of limited economic status, different skin colour and those evil harridans in possession of vaginas. If you understand the law at all you know this to be true but it is of course a far larger and more complex issue than whether a man who habitually associates with rapists and perverts is one himself.
Such an archaic view.