NonceUponATimeInEpsteinAndAndyLand

Widow

Both were civil cases and therefore both would have been based on balance of probability... If either had made it to court... Which of course they didnt
As a Scholar of law I'm fully aware.

High profile defendants tend to settle not as a sign of guilt but at the liklihood of being found guilty on the balance. Public opinion has already found many of them guilty and the chance of them successfully defending in a civil case is slim.

Truth is, there are only a few people in both cases that know what really happened. I always felt that 'taking the money' isn't an option I'd chose.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
How much you reckon she got off him? I mean Ronaldo’s accuser wanted 30 + million or something like that - would this case involve similar figures?

I mean hopefully she got a lot - as much as she could get - I have no doubt that she’s been taken advantage of.

Also, this is all coming out of taxpayers pocket isn’t it? We’re paying for noncery…

Rooney24

Honestly I’m really disappointed in this.

she should have taken him the whole way. If women really want to make a hard statement about all this shit then they have to pursue it in it’s entirety.

Unfortuntely she will now be viewed by many as simply being after the money. Like it or not.

owlo

Least surprising thing to happen since the invasion of Afghanistan.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned

she should have taken him the whole way. If women really want to make a hard statement about all this shit then they have to pursue it in it’s entirety.

Unfortuntely she will now be viewed by many as simply being after the money. Like it or not.
I imagine this is less about her and more about the damage to the reputation of the royal family if the Queen’s son is found guilty of these crimes in a Court, civil or not. At least with a settlement they can stick Andy in the closet and crack on.

Zoo

How much you reckon she got off him? I mean Ronaldo’s accuser wanted 30 + million or something like that - would this case involve similar figures?

I mean hopefully she got a lot - as much as she could get - I have no doubt that she’s been taken advantage of.

Also, this is all coming out of taxpayers pocket isn’t it? We’re paying for noncery…
Around £7.5m according to the Mail.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

Other than what was alleged, you know nothing about her or her life.

She got a massive payday which should set her up for the rest of her life. She's taking that as a win and good for her.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale

The money has gone to her charity for abused victims. Wouldn’t blame her if she creamed some off for herself though.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
So another English high folluting Kunt gets away without being held accountable.

Where does he get this money that he's paying her off with?

It's a fecking disgrace

The Teflon elite

Rooney24

Other than what was alleged, you know nothing about her or her life.

She got a massive payday which should set her up for the rest of her life. She's taking that as a win and good for her.
I know that she was going on about holding him to account. Not letting him pay his way out of it.

Just still sends out the message if you are rich enough you can do what you want.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Whether or not she should have taken the settlement aside...how is that even a thing anyway? I know it is, and has been for a long time, but surely it should have to be seen through for the sake of justice

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Whether or not she should have taken the settlement aside...how is that even a thing anyway? I know it is, and has been for a long time, but surely it should have to be seen through for the sake of justice

Andrew was never going to jail but he is finished now as a Royal. He was demanding a jury a few weeks ago to prove his innocence but has basically crapped himself with a trial getting closer.

He is guilty as sin to the public now.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Didn't he claim to have never met her? Doesn't look great settling for big money for a crime you didn't commit on someone you've never met.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Didn't he claim to have never met her? Doesn't look great settling for big money for a crime you didn't commit on someone you've never met.
I suspect they see it as more damage could be done by going through with it, and as much damage as will be done has already been done if they pay her off, so it’s worth doing. Everyone thinks he’s guilty anyway. The only real L is the money and I doubt they’re short of that.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Have I got this right that the mighty American legal system is quite similar to that of some of the muslim countries they despise, in that if someone commits a crime they can buy their way out of justice by paying off the victim, and that's the end of it? It's up to them of course but it doesn't seem right to my old English eyes.

Droid_Repairs

Have I got this right that the mighty American legal system is quite similar to that of some of the muslim countries they despise, in that if someone commits a crime they can buy their way out of justice by paying off the victim, and that's the end of it? It's up to them of course but it doesn't seem right to my old English eyes.
Civil cases exist in every country, I'm not sure what equivalence you're somehow trying to make with muslims?!

Regardless, Andrew was never facing 'justice' in the sense of being prosecuted or going to prison - like I said, this was a civil case, the state wasn't involved.

diarm

Must be weird living in a country where your royal family get to rape people and when they get caught, you pay the bill for it.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Civil cases exist in every country, I'm not sure what equivalence you're somehow trying to make with muslims?!

Regardless, Andrew was never facing 'justice' in the sense of being prosecuted or going to prison - like I said, this was a civil case, the state wasn't involved.
I thought in the UK a victim of a criminal act used the civil courts where the CPP had deemed there to be insufficient evidence to prosecute? I'm very much out of my depth on this though, I'm happy to be put right.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Ah, interesting regarding the timing of this.

Just read that the next step in the case was that her lawyers were due to visit the UK in the next couple of weeks to take his deposition.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
British taxpayers must be fuming that they’re paying for this settlement.
I don't think they are or at least not directly. He recently settled a property dispute in Switzerland and it was speculated at the time this was to realise funds.

Edit: other reports say the Queen is having to add extra $ as he doesn't have enough. That said all the Royal's money is stolen from us so the point is probably moot.

Last edited:

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Words can’t describe how much I hate this royal family. Bring the guillotine.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
When I woke up this morning I did not expect to end the day paying into some kind of nonce fund.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Yep, when it came down to him being interviewed they folded immediately. Not really surprising after the "I don't sweat" performance.
Not used to people not just agreeing with whatever he says by default. I'll bet he thought he had been masterful in that interview until everyone later called bullshit.

Tarrou

I'd love to see the end of these cnuts in my lifetime

sadly it seems impossible