Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

matt10000

I'm so excited! This guy has 85 goals in 88 games for Dortmund and we have Kevin De Bruyne.
It must be so exciting to buy success rather than earn it.

Utd, Liverpool even Nottingham Forest in their time (Trevor Frances) all bought the best players because of their successes on the pitch.

The likes of Blackburn, Chelsea, City just bought success when their teams were crap………They didn’t win league after league and build on it like Liverpool and UTD, they didn’t get promotion to top flight win the league and Europe twice like Forest, they didn’t come from old fourth division all the way to top flight in 4 years like Watford…….no they all did absolutely sweet fa and were converted from crap with money that had nothing to with football. It’s sad and shameful.

I have played football manager on cheat mode and it gets boring very quickly and any success doesn’t feel like success just what is expected.

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
Didn’t think you had a point. Glad we got there in the end.
My point was that you find it more sickening that we have spent 150 million on Grealish and Haaland than you spending 165 million on Pogba and Lukaku over five years previously (not to even mention Maguire). I didn't think that one was too difficult to work out.

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City

Utd, Liverpool even Nottingham Forest in their time (Trevor Frances) all bought the best players because of their successes on the pitch.

The likes of Blackburn, Chelsea, City just bought success when their teams were crap………They didn’t win league after league and build on it like Liverpool and UTD, they didn’t get promotion to top flight win the league and Europe twice like Forest, they didn’t come from old fourth division all the way to top flight in 4 years like Watford…….no they all did absolutely sweet fa and were converted from crap with money that had nothing to with football. It’s sad and shameful.

I have played football manager on cheat mode and it gets boring very quickly and any success doesn’t feel like success just what is expected.
Good thing this isn't football manager.

A-man

Sancho costed twice
The price is depending on contract situation and negotiation with the club. Then comes the salary. Haven’t heard any reliable figures but don’t think he’ll go lower than Sancho.

Anderson_7_

Just saw Pep's press conference. He looked like a giddy teenage girl who just got her shiny new barbie.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Thats true, but we've seen high profile signings fail in the past. Shevchenko, Di Maria, Veron etc... I remember Shevchenko being hyped up to the max and thinking he was going to cause Chelsea to dominate for years, but he was pretty useless in my opinion
We will have to see. But I think Haaland is physical beast and probably strongest "bully" I've ever seen, he is like a speedy tank, and a goal machine. So its really hard to see him fail in PL, especially with City. The only time I could see him struggling to score goals, is when he is out injured.

TheReligion

Abusive
My point was that you find it more sickening that we have spent 150 million on Grealish and Haaland than you spending 165 million on Pogba and Lukaku over five years previously (not to even mention Maguire). I didn't think that one was too difficult to work out.
The money doesn’t matter to you so why you so concerned?
Second bite of the thread. Lovely.

Red4Life_#7

This is sickening and a hard pill to swallow. He will take them to another level completely. City's only problem has been that they have needed a world class striker for probably a few years (including while Kun was there as he was on the decline and became injury prone).

Haaland along with that midfield... geez!! It hurts me to say, they will dominate for the next few years.

We've been making mistakes for 10 years now!!

Lewnited

Honestly if he wasn't going to City I'd debate on whether I think he'll be a surefire hit. But I think his almost predatory instincts combined with the way they play football means that he'll eventually become their new Aguero:(

TommiHelm

Silly Norwegian, probably don't realize he's signed for the wrong Manchester.

Kinda annoyed that I can no longer root for him doing well at club level...

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
We will have to see. But I think Haaland is physical beast and probably strongest "bully" I've ever seen, he is like a speedy tank, and a goal machine. So its really hard to see him fail in PL, especially with City. The only time I could see him struggling to score goals, is when he is out injured.
Thats why i say, personally i don't think he'll struggle at all in the Premier League.
As with any of us here, i'd have loved him to come to us, no questions asked. I'm glad he didn't go to Liverpool though, that would have been absolutely unbearable

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sancho costed twice
This is where you are wrong.

They only had to pay Dortmund that much, but the agent fee + father fee required was a LOT more that isn't being published.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'm a bit meh about this transfer. Liverpool signing Tchouameni would be annoying as feck and tough pill to swallow because I think he's exactly the sort of player we need and could realistically get him. Haaland always felt like a pipe dream so whatever.

Oranges038

Goal scoring in Bundesliga means nothing, every game seems to finish 4-3.

A long shot but hopefully he ends up being another Haller or Joelinton.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

Every club is buying success unless all the players are from academy.

laughtersassassin

Big clubs don't hand out silly release clauses for that you don't need hindsight.

You said he'd have stayed if we won stuff. Which hindsight tells us we wouldn't have. So it would have been a small time thing for a big club to do and wouldn't have worked anyway as he'd leave us for City anyway
Anti Prem Clause then worst case sell to Bayern Barca Juve Real or PSG.

He'd have taken that. If the club don't have faith in themselves to succeed that that's admitting failure before it happens. No wonder we are shite

b20times

Injury prone. He will bomb in this league. No way will he score over 20 goals.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

He'd have taken that. If the club don't have faith in themselves to succeed that that's admitting failure before it happens. No wonder we are shite
You don't know that. We're not shit because we didn't give a young kid a low release clause.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Injury prone. He will bomb in this league. No way will he score over 20 goals.
He probably will do really well with the possession City has and chances they created. He won't be starved of service that is for sure. With him City's transition from defense to attack in CL will be much quicker. He probably needs to improve his heading and his positioning play in City and EPL.

shaky

Can't stand the guy but he seems good enough to keep Liverpool at bay for a few years while we try to pull our finger out for the nth time.

Zen

Hopefully these clauses become more common place as players decide to play at the not-so-big clubs in their earlier years. I'd say great business, and it is, but it's all down to Mino, or at least heavily so. Dortmuch get a profit and a few years in a potential legends story... Haaland gets money and the transfer without any hassle.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

As if that wouldn't be gotten around. :lol:

Girona "pay" release clause. City immediately give them that +10m.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Hopefully these clauses become more common place as players decide to play at the not-so-big clubs in their earlier years. I'd say great business, and it is, but it's all down to Mino, or at least heavily so. Dortmuch get a profit and a few years in a potential legends story... Haaland gets money and the transfer without any hassle.
Raiola's jail free card for his client. If Harry Kane has Raiola as his agent he won't have the problem he has right now.

laughtersassassin

You don't know that. We're not shit because we didn't give a young kid a low release clause.
It's a reasonable assumption. Still lots of great clubs for him to join should we be failures.

Its better to take the risk to improve the team because if it works it'll be relatively easy to convince them to stay at a winning side.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's a reasonable assumption. Still lots of great clubs for him to join should we be failures.

Its better to take the risk to improve the team because if it works it'll be relatively easy to convince them to stay at a winning side.
Agree to disagree. Never want United doing that.

laughtersassassin

As if that wouldn't be gotten around. :lol:

Girona "pay" release clause. City immediately give them that +10m.
United fans so paranoid and afraid of City. Bit sad.

I'd rather have a good player in the hopes it improves us than worry about what if he wants to leave in a few seasons cause we are shite.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

I'd rather have a good player in the hopes it improves us than worry about what if he wants to leave cause we are shite.
By that logic every big club in world football is paranoid and afraid by not giving players release clauses (or making them unfeasibly high as the Spanish clubs have to do).

The fact that he wants a release clause in the first place is an indication that he doesn't want to be around long term and that you're a stepping stone.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I'd rather have a good player in the hopes it improves us than worry about what if he wants to leave in a few seasons cause we are shite.
Having your best player decide to leave your club for your biggest rival is not good in any situation.

Business wise, PR wise, whatever way you want to label it. Look at the Figo fiasco.

It's just not the done thing for clubs at the top of the food chain.

DevilRed

great signing for them if he can stay healthy.

But sort of moves away from the type of player Pep usually plays.

Relevant

I definitely think he'll struggle to score goals when he's out injured. I'd go as far as to say he won't score a single goal when he isn't playing. And I'd put money on it. Lots.