Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

FattyFooty

Maybe not the fancyest or skillfull.

But what this dude is doing is just insane. Hes up with R7 on pure goal scoring ability.

2 best scorers i seen.

foolsgold

Respect to the guy for saying that the second city goal was clearly offside and it shouldn't have been given.

Pughnichi

City got lucky yday despite the scoreline

first was a poor attempt on goal from the Yeti

Second should have been offside

Third there was a fortunate deflection taking Alvarez’s pass into the path of Haaland…it would otherwise have pushed him out wide

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
He was poor today by his insane standards, but that's 7 goals in 5 games for him already.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Should have had a hattrick today, realistically any half decent striker should be getting 25 a season for City. They dominate the ball in every single game and they're so creative it's ridiculous.

Joel Miller

He’s mostly always poor on the ball when I watch him, still arguably the best player in the world though.
I don’t think he can ever be the best player in the world by virtue of the fact he’ll always need his team to be creating good chances for him to be effective. Tighter games like the CL final and FA Cup final he can be a bit of a passenger. Maybe that‘s just me.

BobFromParva

Supports
Whitchurch Alport FC
Should have had a hattrick today, realistically any half decent striker should be getting 25 a season for City. They dominate the ball in every single game and they're so creative it's ridiculous.
I’m guessing here but I‘d say that he’s probably half decent and could maybe have it in him to score 25 goals in a season . . ;-)

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
I don’t think he can ever be the best player in the world by virtue of the fact he’ll always need his team to be creating good chances for him to be effective. Tighter games like the CL final and FA Cup final he can be a bit of a passenger. Maybe that‘s just me.
He certainly can be the best at what he does (if he's not that already) but at just turned 23 there's still room for improvement.
Injuries permitted he'll be scarily good for a few years yet and have some memorable performances in future big games.

troylocker

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
That's probably why Aguero only did it once (26 goals in the 14/15 season) and no other City striker has done it. Because they've never had a half decent striker.....
He should have had a hattrick though. He was about as wasteful as I've ever seen him.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
That's probably why Aguero only did it once (26 goals in the 14/15 season) and no other City striker has done it. Because they've never had a half decent striker.....
He should have had a hattrick though. He was about as wasteful as I've ever seen him.

City play through Haaland more, they actually scored 5 league goals less with him than year before. Despite his numbers.

His xG is going to be much higher than Aguero. If you put prime Ageuro up front and City play as they do with Haaland he'll score at least 25.

The scary thing about them is they were relatively poor last year but still won the treble. 100 points is par for them.

Joel Miller

Or it’s because Agüero was injured all the time, and usually for long spells. If he wasn’t having to recover for injuries regularly and get up to speed again he would have certainly broken the 30 goal mark at least a couple of times. I’m sure he had a better goals per game ratio than any Premier League striker while he was there?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Jesus didn't. Aguero scored 26 PL goal only once in 2014-2015 and he was more than a half decent striker. Haaland physically is a beast as a striker.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
When he's scoring goal after goal you overlook his lack of contributions anywhere else. At the moment he's in a bit of a drought, and suddenly it looks like we're accommodating him to our detriment.

Thankfully Julian Alvarez is stepping up.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Jesus didn't. Aguero scored 26 PL goal only once in 2014-2015 and he was more than a half decent striker. Haaland physically is a beast as a striker.
Aguero too much time with injuries. Not denying Haaland is a freak poacher, but younger Aguero was an incredible dribbler as well. Some of his highlights before City were mesmerising. Still Haaland is just a machine.

When you take into account Aguero's lack of minutes due to injury his dribbling stats are incredibly impressive for a CF

https://m.livesoccertv.com/news/324...ard-make-list-of-top-10-dribblers-since-2006/

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Rooney is the derby top scorer with 11 goals in 31 games. Robot here has 5 in 4 and will obliterate that record within a couple of seasons.

RuudTom83

He now has as many goals as our entire team this season. :lol:
Yeah Haaland has more goals than United, the same amount as Chelsea, needs a couple more to overtake West Ham/Brentford. Then there is a bit of a jump to catch Brighton/Liverpool.

But he is a goal machine for sure.

Gehrman

Rooney is the derby top scorer with 11 goals in 31 games. Robot here has 5 in 4 and will obliterate that record within a couple of seasons.
How many does Aguero have?

Gehrman

I'm still bemused about he was left all alone for the 2nd goal considering the free header he had in the 1st
Yeah it hardly takes a mental football iq to mark the nordic goalscoring yeti in the box.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Averages a goal a game at City (more in fact), averages a goal a game in the Champions League, averages a goal a game for Norway and averaged a goal a game at Dortmund. Pretty remarkable TBH.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Nothing about him excites me when watching him play. He's a fast bulky and boringly perfunctory Inzaghi.

The fact that city actually score less goals with him than without and that he fails to show up in the big games just shows that he is not even much of a difference maker for his team. In a way, he is the on the pitch representation of city - impressive numbers, but perfunctory, soulless and ultimately meaningless.

I will continue to rate his contributions as less than spectacular. Having a setup of "let's play all balls to this guy and watch him score the goals another teammate would have scored anyway if we played more expansively" may excite the wikipedialists, but does nothing for me.

He's a great goalscorer. Don't see how he adds all that much great to the team.

Gehrman

Nothing about him excites me when watching him play. He's a fast bulky and boringly perfunctory Inzaghi.

The fact that city actually score less goals with him than without and that he fails to show up in the big games just shows that he is not even much of a difference maker for his team. In a way, he is the on the pitch representation of city - impressive numbers, but perfunctory, soulless and ultimately meaningless.

I will continue to rate his contributions as less than spectacular. Having a setup of "let's play all balls to this guy and watch him score the goals another teammate would have scored anyway if we played more expansively" may excite the wikipedialists, but does nothing for me.

True prime Aguero was more exciting to watch. Despite being playing for a rival club and all.

KeanoMagicHat

They finally won the Champions League with him in the side, he adds a lot and if it was so easy for City to do that, maybe they would have done it before now. It was the final piece of the puzzle with all the build-up. Good for you that you don’t rate him but he continues to make a big impact on the teams he plays for, also City don’t do what you say, they don’t just give the ball to him and he’d arguably score more goals elsewhere actually in a more rudimentary system, they still play a lot of football around him but he scores regardless.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
They finally won the Champions League with him in the side, he adds a lot and if it was so easy for City to do that, maybe they would have done it before now.
In the 7 years prior to last season, They've made it to four quarter finals, two semi-finals and 1 final without him. So that part is easy for them. The only part he played from the quarters onwards was scoring in the quarters once they were well ahead.

It was the final piece of the puzzle with all the build-up. Good for you that you don’t rate him but he continues to make a big impact on the teams he plays for, also City don’t do what you say, they don’t just give the ball to him and he’d arguably score more goals elsewhere actually in a more rudimentary system, they still play a lot of football around him but he scores regardless.
The stats show quite clearly that they score less, have less progressive carries and play less vertically when he is in the side. He soaks up the goals, but his presence doesn't actually result in more goals for the team.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
They finally won the Champions League with him in the side, he adds a lot and if it was so easy for City to do that, maybe they would have done it before now. It was the final piece of the puzzle with all the build-up. Good for you that you don’t rate him but he continues to make a big impact on the teams he plays for, also City don’t do what you say, they don’t just give the ball to him and he’d arguably score more goals elsewhere actually in a more rudimentary system, they still play a lot of football around him but he scores regardless.
Pep for sure cares less even what City fans said in the forum about tactics and player selection, let alone Redcafe. City won the treble with Haaland in the team.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Pep for sure cares less even what City fans said in the forum about tactics and player selection, let alone Redcafe. City won the treble with Haaland in the team.
Pep is also raking meaningless achievements, so of course he won't care.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Pep is also raking meaningless achievements, so of course he won't care.
As long as Pep is happy with Haaland and keep starting him, that's all that matters to Haaland. He just needs to keep scoring goals for City, and keep develop his game around Pep's tactic. His stats for City has been remarkable.

Son

The guy nearly put 4 goals past us yesterday and should have had at least a hattrick. He no Van Basten or Ibra with his ability on the ball but as a finisher and powerhouse it’s impressive.

Compare him to our striker who has similar assets on paper and can dribble more but finishing wise not even remotely the same player.

Haaland is just so professional at what he’s paid to do. Score goals and bully defenders. Nobody better at those things currently.

We’d love him in our team let’s be real. Bruno would be in heaven with someone like him to assist.

Give credit to Pep for seeing his own weaknesses and making his sides have a plan B at the expense of a few goals and more beautiful football. It worked! They’ve won everything and Haaland is a pain to deal with.

Last edited:

B20

Supports
Liverpool
As long as Pep is happy with Haaland and keep starting him, that's all that matters to Haaland. He just needs to keep scoring goals for City, and keep develop his game around Pep's tactic. His stats for City has been remarkable.
Sure. And I will continue to not rate either's achievements.