Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

A-man

Poor again. Very odd player. Scores record breaking amounts but is otherwise crap.
I said years ago that he didn’t seem like a Guardiola player at all, but I guess they just wanted to show that they could get him.
You are right, he is not the normal Pep player. If you look at everyday at the office work he is probably making them worse as a team. He scores goals but nothing else, plus the team effort is to reach him. But the he has that x-factor Pep wanted to finally win CL.

RedRocket9908

Now a lot of the City fans have started turning on him he might well decide to leave in the summer and join Real Madrid, I cant see Pep being to upset or trying to stop him if he wants to leave since he isnt really a Pep signing anyway.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
He might not done a lot but I was still relieved when Guardiola took him out, he's very young still so this type of games are bound to happen.

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
I would have subbed Bernardo who was having a very poor game, while keeping Hallaand. I dunno if Kev was having some problem, because I'll also keep him at least to have someone of his calibre in the penalties.

InfiniteBoredom

He ghosted but taking him off before ET is weird for sure, surely you want someone with his physical gifts against tired defender? Dude barely broke a sweat the whole match.

Oscar Bonavena

He's one of these players who'll score a hatful of goals by the time he retires, but no one is going to be watching YouTube videos of this guy in 20 years time.

No style, no panache, no real skill to speak of, just good at finishing off chances that are put on a plate for him.

chomsky89

No style, no panache, no real skill to speak of, just good at finishing off chances that are put on a plate for him.
His movement/positioning is of course why he gets more chances than most people get in the same teams. Even when playing for Norway, he has a goal involvement every 81. min.

Rojow

Haaland is the living example that goals are not the only thing you need in a striker. Sure, if you see the game thru statictics only, that might work for some people, but he is having more and more games like these every year.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Down to earth? He's an arrogant cnut and when he's not scoring, he's shite.
Yeah, he is the last player I would call down to earth :lol:

He is cnut on the pitch, and attention seeking pyjama merchant off the pitch, feck him. Very overrated and deserves the criticism because he is not that good at football as people made him out to be.

SonOfFergie

Haaland is the living example that goals are not the only thing you need in a striker. Sure, if you see the game thru statictics only, that might work for some people, but he is having more and more games like these every year.
Found out. Teams learned how to defend him. Totally unsuited to Pep style. Similar to Rashford he needs space to run into. Against packed defenses he is next to useless.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Now a lot of the City fans have started turning on him he might well decide to leave in the summer and join Real Madrid, I cant see Pep being to upset or trying to stop him if he wants to leave since he isnt really a Pep signing anyway.
???
Madrid are getting Mbappe, and have Vini Jr.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'm starting to believe the people who said that Haaland wasn't the right striker for Pep's system and that he'd never be utilized properly were on to something.
they did the treble with him last season ffs :lol:

He's just having a poor season, that's all

Zed is not dead

they did the treble with him last season ffs :lol:

He's just having a poor season, that's all
Indeed, but you can’t help but think that City doesn’t really play to his strengths. The fact that he manages to score so many goals despite that fact is impressive statistically, but there’s no « magic ».
But that’s more a Man City problem with their robotic brand of football than a Haaland problem I think

Adz_99

Just a reminder that a few months ago football genius Micah Richards said Haaland was better than the following strikers:

Drogba
Rooney
Cole
Shearer
Cantona
Kane
Torres
RVN

He wasn't even joking either. Was comparing each one by one and picked Haaland every time!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His limitations were on display for sure, I wonder if he feels bored by being so little involved.

A lot more criticism is coming his way. Will be interesting to see how he deals with it