Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

The Purley King

Barca paid Messi twice 900k so what is the problem?
Haaland is easily worth that every week (and also the other 900k under the table)
Am waiting for psg to complain to fifa about the salary :)

edit - just because Barca are borassic lint now and can’t afford that any more it’s not a reason to complain .

abundance

Supports
Inter
So that means Lukaku is better than RVN because the scored more goals buy age 22?
I recalll RVN started off as a sweeper so had learnt the CF game later by studying guys like Bergkamp and was never a wonderkid in the first instance
I've never been particularly fond of Lukaku at any age.

I've been extremely fond of Haaland since the first times I saw him at 19.

I think Haaland is better than Van Nilsterooji, fullstop.
Just my opinion and feel free to disagree, the dutch was great too.

The numbers were there just to remind you that being incensed for the hyping of a dude that netted 136 in 139 games from 19 to 22 is a bit silly, and it's very inane to be fixated that two months of City ball are making him look better than he is.

Zen

One of those "almost guaranteed" clauses is clearly banging in hat-tricks :lol:

I've given up caring about salaries, like I dunno, he doesn't live under a Messi/Ronaldo constant microscope.... but he and Mbappe are clearly preparing for the inevitable and getting the money they'll deserve for when it happens.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
so would you go as far as saying it's not true and that it's made up?
I wouldn't say it's true, I'd expect him to have massive clauses for CL and Prem but not that it makes him £850k PW for a win and him scoring a hatrick

I could imaging a bonus where he wins the CL that he gets a £20m bonus or something but nothing that like he gets 200k per goal

So pro-rata if we win the CL and PL i'd imaging it's probably close to that but not 9 games in

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Madrid was neck deep in Mbappe deal last spring and everyone thought they had it wrapped up
Yeah, but Qatar offered him some insane money that Mbappe couldn't say no, otherwise he would be in Madrid already.

If it wasn't for oil money and god knows how much he is receiving in offshore accounts in some bank located in a caribbean island, he would have moved straight from Monaco to other league.

John Blund

That is true. I rate Messi and CR7 higher as football players because of their technique, but Haaland is extremely good and efficient as a striker. He doesn't do anything fancy, he can't really dribble with the ball, has zero built up play, just put the ball in the back of the net.
Some of his movements and shots are very Zlatanesque. I find it rather fancy how he manage to control in so many crosses, and he makes it look like easy tap-ins. And the zero built up play is lazy analyzing or just pure ignorance. What part does he lack? He's a much better focal point than Jesus was for City, and he keeps his position. No roaming around to touch the ball, but he stays up top and keeps moving in every time he sees an opportunity for a cross or a through ball. Still, he almost never his found in offside. He also, despite all the focus on how little he touches the ball, create chances for his teammates, and according to PL's own stats, the only player in the PL that had created more chances after 8 rounds were KDB. He's not selfish, and passes the ball to teammates who's in better positions, and some of the assist or assist attempts is really high class. Like the one to Foden against us.

My view is that we have 4 world leading number 9s at the current time. Lewa, Benzema, Haaland, and Kane. They say form is temporary, class is permanent. When you're as consistant as Haaland over 4 years, I start to think it might not be just a peak of form.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
The £51m transfer fee is a bit disingenuous considering his dad pocketed something like £20m and the agent pocketed something like £25m from the deal.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I wouldn't say it's true, I'd expect him to have massive clauses for CL and Prem but not that it makes him £850k PW for a win and him scoring a hatrick

I could imaging a bonus where he wins the CL that he gets a £20m bonus or something but nothing that like he gets 200k per goal

So pro-rata if we win the CL and PL i'd imaging it's probably close to that but not 9 games in
So you have absolutely no idea but you don't want to believe it so you won't believe and will make up something that makes you feel better?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Are you seriously suggesting Maguire is anywhere close to being top30-50 CBs in the history of the game?
He’s not in the top 300-500 I doubt. And that’s not really an insult. The 300th best centre half ever will be massively decorated and properly brilliant.

I can’t imagine he’s in the top 30-50 English CB’s of all time.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Limitations interms of approach play. He is a fantastic out and out striker but he needs a strong team behind him to feed him.
21 goals in 23 for Norway shows that no, he really doesn't

I really don't get why people here are acting like this is some scandalous news. Same about the release clause too. He's worth easily 50M a year, he knows that, City know that, so that's what he gets paid. He wants the freedom to leave when he wants, so he demanded a buyout clause in the contract. Good for him and for City and get his services in the meantime and will probably win a CL or 2 thanks to him

Last edited:

Stacks

I really don't get why people here are acting like this is some scandalous news. Same about the release clause too. He's worth easily 50M a year, he knows that, City know that, so that's what he gets paid. He wants the freedom to leave when he wants, so he demanded a buyout clause in the contract. Good for him and for City and get his services in the meantime and will probably win a CL or 2 thanks to him
why is he worth a million a week? City were already the best without him so it will be tough to justify unless they win 4 CL in a row like Real

Marwood

As good as he is he's also having one of those runs where everything is dropping to him.

Deflected crosses, balls bouncing off keepers, all dropping to his feet.

TheReligion

Abusive
Of course it’s cost City an absolute fortune to bring him to the club.

Why else would he go there? Let’s be honest Pep is the only pull they have and he’s being paid like a King to remain the coach.

Zero pedigree, history, fan base, prestige..

It’s money. Mancini confirmed what they are up to when he left.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

That proves nothing really when most of his goals for Norway were scored against teams weaker than Norway.

The £51m transfer fee is a bit disingenuous considering his dad pocketed something like £20m and the agent pocketed something like £25m from the deal.

The better player is more expensive? Shocking.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City

Why else would he go there? Let’s be honest Pep is the only pull they have and he’s being paid like a King to remain the coach.

You sound rather bitter. I'd let it go if I were you.

Here's a fun fact for you - Erling Haaland attended more City games at Maine Road than 99.99% of United and Liverpool fans have attended at Old Trafford and Anfield in their entire lifetimes. Oh, and that's despite City leaving Maine Road before Erling's 3rd birthday.

Have a good day and don't go sucking on too many of those lemons:nono:

Spoony

The People's President

Here's a fun fact for you - Erling Haaland attended more City games at Maine Road than 99.99% of United and Liverpool fans have attended at Old Trafford and Anfield in their entire lifetimes. Oh, and that's despite City leaving Maine Road before Erling's 3rd birthday.

Ahh so Tap in's a United fan.

Eleven-Eighteen

How will any club afford him when his contract with City runs down? Surely even RM cant afford him?

Only one will be PSG. Oil to Oil?
He's only just got here. There's a lot of despondence in between that period and today for United fans. Let us be sad in peace

troylocker

why is he worth a million a week? City were already the best without him so it will be tough to justify unless they win 4 CL in a row like Real
I don't know if he's worth 900k a week, but I don't think City's ever had this much mediafuzz around them.
Sportswashing at it's finest :(

TheReligion

Abusive

So he got to grow up watching second division football in an empty, shit stadium? Endearing!

Can’t believe you all lap this stuff up. His Dad played for City so yes he would have been at a match and he’ of had a kit. He’s not a life long city fan who has always dreamed of turning out for you.

He’s being paid a million a week and even insisted on a release clause in his contract.

He’s there to make money and move on. If you didn’t win the lotto he’d be nowhere near you.

Spoony

The People's President
So he got to grow up watching second division football in an empty, shit stadium? Endearing!

Can’t believe you all lap this stuff up. His Dad played for City so yes he would have been at a match and he’ of had a kit. He’s not a life long city fan who has always dreamed of turning out for you.

He’s being paid a million a week and even insisted on a release clause in his contract.

He’s there to make money and move on. If you didn’t win the lotto he’d be nowhere near you.
He's off in a couple of years.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich

Are you just saying what you wish was true, so you don’t look jealous? It’s not working.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
He is the most marketable player in football.

I dont get why people are so up in arms about his salary while there are stock traders and investment bankers earning (and losing other peoples money) more money than Haaland makes in a year, every day before lunch.

Giggsyking

This is not due to Erling being a City Fan, but due to the enormous popularity of Manchester united around the World. You cant compare the popularity of a football giant to a small time club with few thousand fans.

Handré1990

I dont get why people are so up in arms about his salary while there are stock traders and investment bankers earning (and losing other peoples money) more money than Haaland makes in a year, every day before lunch.
Ronaldo:rolleyes:

podurban2

A very select few fund managers perhaps. The highest paid CEO in banking, Jamie Dimon, makes about the same as Haaland per year ($30-50m) and runs a corporation with 270,000 employees.

Stacks

different fields and false equivalence.

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
Why is he worth a million a week? Sure he scores goals but what impact will these additional goals have in the long run? If they fail in the CL then what was the investment for? £1million per week just to score some goals and break personal records......
In current form he's the best player in the world and that comes at a premium. It sounds like it's the bonuses that is pushing his wages up. Imagine if he's on 100k per goal he'll have earned £1,900,000 from goals alone so far

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal

Because they are currently the best team in world football and the most creative thus they will enable him to maximise both his goal return and winners medals.