Nordic Ghost Yeti (Scandi Carroll) | Haaland at City

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
2 goals and 2 assists in the last two games! :cool:

Like i said, give him a chance and he'll outshine Haaland. He'll score just as many goals but also constribute so much more to the game. Alvarez is three times the player. You guys can keep laughing at my posts, I know I'll be proved right.
I know whats going on. This account and the posts are all part of a school project that looks at how the public responds to highly controversial opinions

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
More than a decade apart. I'm sure Pep learned a thing or two since then. Doesn't mean Zlatan was wrong.
Wasn't part of the problem that Messi became the best goalscorer ever when played central as a false nr 9 and Zlatan Wasn't suited to playing wide?

troylocker

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
2 goals and 2 assists in the last two games! :cool:

Like i said, give him a chance and he'll outshine Haaland. He'll score just as many goals but also constribute so much more to the game. Alvarez is three times the player. You guys can keep laughing at my posts, I know I'll be proved right.
Alvarez has been a lot better than expected, but is he three times the player and outshining Haaland? Is he really?

Alvarez so far at City:
6 goals and 2 assists in 796 minutes
0,68 goals per 90
0,90 goals+assists per 90

Haaland so far at City:
23 goals and 3 assists in 1290 minutes
1,60 goals per 90
1,81 goals+assists per 90

If less than half equals just as many, then I suppose you are right. Don't get me wrong, I'd take Alvarez and his output here any day, he'd be a great addition to our team.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Alvarez has been a lot better than expected, but is he three times the player and outshining Haaland? Is he really?
I'd actually go out on a limb here and say Alvarez has been worse than I expected. Still good, but not nearly as 'ready' as he was hyped up to be. Needs more time.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
He has done well, and will continue to do well, but this City-side doesnt look any better this season than last.

Superden

perhaps those claims of him scoring 500 goals this season, based on what happened in the first 10 games, were slightly over egged.

Zen86

Many people seemed to forget that putting Haaland in the side meant taking someone with better control and creativity out.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It’s reminiscent of the Ronaldo debate last year. Is he carrying a shit City side or making this City side shit? Because without his goals, they have turned to shit.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He has done well, and will continue to do well, but this City-side doesnt look any better this season than last.
The difference will be in the key CL stages. They're dominant in almost all of their games, in the league yeah there will be slip ups but I think it's more complacency/focus/motivation given they won the last 2 titles. Hard to stay motivated. We'll see if he brings them the CL basically to determine how much of a success he is.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Many people seemed to forget that putting Haaland in the side meant taking someone with better control and creativity out.
What's more important, control & creativity or the sheer amount of goals Haaland provides?

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
I think he'll end up losing the golden boot to Lewandowski towards the end of the season.

DevilRed

perhaps those claims of him scoring 500 goals this season, based on what happened in the first 10 games, were slightly over egged.
Anyone with an ounce of logic would realise that this is the premier league and other professional teams will scout and devise gameplans to nullify or reduce his impact sooner or later.

He ain't prime messi or Ronaldo yet. Doesn't come close in terms of buildup play.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I can foresee a situation where it becomes damaging to the team and also I don’t think Pep will enjoy having to deal with the ego when things aren’t going well. Ibra springs to mind. Might not be the match made in heaven everyone assumed a few games in.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
What's more important, control & creativity or the sheer amount of goals Haaland provides?
Might be control & creativity, hard to tell yet. The problem with the "sheer amount of goals" approach is that, on a bad night or against defenders that will silence your star striker, you're left with far less options. Control & creativity is far more consistant, at least in the PL.

cyberman

I was told the Ronaldo argument from last year didn’t apply and maybe it doesn’t quite yet..but it’s getting there

redshaw

Pep will probably adjust things to where they don't try to find and play through him. He was a sensation for a few months but opposing teams will create a gameplan. Perhaps as well some of his team mates are thinking of the World Cup and aren't busting a gut around him like before.

It was impressive how Gundogan became the scorer after Sterling.

Gehrman

Anyone with an ounce of logic would realise that this is the premier league and other professional teams will scout and devise gameplans to nullify or reduce his impact sooner or later.

He ain't prime messi or Ronaldo yet. Doesn't come close in terms of buildup play.
He's never going to like Messi. An extremely atletic Gerd Müller though Is closer to the mark. Also a much different player to Ronnie. Even though Ronnie and Messi are very close in goal stats they turned into very different players.

Lee565

Honeymoon period over, bet he doesn't score a single goal for the next month...

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
He's never going to like Messi. An extremely atletic Gerd Müller though Is closer to the mark. Also a much different player to Ronnie. Even though Ronnie and Messi are very close in goal stats they turned into very different players.
Which is scary enough tbh.

But yeah, he isn't going to be the end-all be-all attacker like Messi was, but we shouldn't expect that either.

Zen86

Haaland’s goals depends on control and creativity. And regardless of that, they’ve had no problem suffocating the opposition and walking the league in previous seasons.

Gehrman

Which is scary enough tbh.

But yeah, he isn't going to be the end-all be-all attacker like Messi was, but we shouldn't expect that either.
Müller is criminally underrated so while some see it as a slight it really isn't. He played in an era where Pelé and Cryuff could score goals galore and do much more but he was still fecking good and always delivered

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Müller was way more than a poacher.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Haaland’s goals depends on control and creativity. And regardless of that, they’ve had no problem suffocating the opposition and walking the league in previous seasons.
That's not entirely true, Haaland could score plenty in a team that plays transition football with long balls on his head all night long and fast breaks.