Nordic Ghost Yeti (Scandi Carroll) | Haaland at City

Eriku

Hard to sneeze at a 22 year old coming in and snatching that record with ease in his first PL season.

Definitely showed that he’s got more than a finishing touch today.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Even though he only scored 1 and should have had 2 or 3, probably his best performance all round for us. When teams push up he's a real out ball and allows us to play on the break alot more.

Mike Smalling

This is the best I’ve seen him in terms of participating in the buildup play and taking on defenders. Definitely added another dimension, albeit against some weak defending.

el3mel

Why oh why can City manage to grab such a top notch striker while we're stuck with shit like Sancho and Weghorst ?

Telsim

Beyond world class. A player without equal in the current landscape.

el3mel

Yeah, why ? We have the money. Why do we pay loads for overhyped shit players why they manage to grab such players ? Even Grealish whom we mocked looks a world beater in comparison to a clown like Sancho.

mshnsh

Even though he only scored 1 and should have had 2 or 3, probably his best performance all round for us. When teams push up he's a real out ball and allows us to play on the break alot more.
Ironically, if he had performed like this all season, he wouldn't have been hyped up as much. It's goals that get him his hype.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Why oh why can City manage to grab such a top notch striker while we're stuck with shit like Sancho and Weghorst ?
Because Solskjaer who managed Haaland didn't beg the club to sign him even though he was clearly one of the most talented strikers of our time.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Because Solskjaer who managed Haaland didn't beg the club to sign him even though he was clearly one of the most talented strikers of our time.
He did, but it was Haaland (and/or his agent) who thought that United's board is a bunch of clowns and the club therefore was not to be trusted to develop Haaland the right way.

Pickle85

Why are we suddenly talking about haaland banging people and being ugly or not?!

Baxquux

By all accounts we had two chances to sign him, if it wasn't for incompetence/hubris respectively; Dortmund if anything were a better bet for his development at that time and to win trophies, yet they were still prepared to permit the release clause because they competently judged the position form which they were negotiating. In another time-fork, he improves us sufficiently that season that we win at least one trophy and we're able to sell the prospect of a much larger release clause.

Of course, the chain of same decision-making that led to his rejecting us also went into selecting Ole as perm manager, into the other (incoherent) recruitment structure decisions that weakened the team and so forth, so maybe we still never win that trophy and he still leaves for City (or Madrid, if we manage to agree a City exemption to the clause etc)...

padr81

Supports
Man City
Ironically, if he had performed like this all season, he wouldn't have been hyped up as much. It's goals that get him his hype.
At the end of the day its his goals that will decide how succesful we are, but when teams are pressing the life out of us, it's nice to know he has this in his game

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Didn't even realize he broke the 38 game PL record. He could hit 40 between now and the end of the season.

edcunited1878

Those people in the beginning of the season who said he was going to be a handful and something we haven't seen in this league for a very long time or ever, have been proven correct.

He's just a physical beast with the top top instincts and ability of a pure CF. Fair play to him.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
It’s the first time in months that I have entered this thread. His record doesn’t surprise me, it’s what I expected when they signed him.
I am actually here to ask if Madrid would even be interested or would he be too ugly for them?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Some of you protesting too much.

mshnsh

At the end of the day its his goals that will decide how succesful we are, but when teams are pressing the life out of us, it's nice to know he has this in his game
Not really. You won the league last season without a striker and the reason you lost to Madrid was not because of lack of goals but poor defending.

Todd

It’s the first time in months that I have entered this thread. His record doesn’t surprise me, it’s what I expected when they signed him.
I am actually here to ask if Madrid would even be interested or would he be too ugly for them?
Modric's success at Madrid suggests that the club are willing to look past a fellow being unattractive if he's world class on the pitch, so I'm gonna say yeah.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
He is just insane and scores the amount of goals I expected of him in that City team.
I cant deny im also a bit happy he puts these "Bundesliga tax" naysayers to rest.

Im curious how long he will stay at City though. I think Real will bid an insane amount of money for him this or next summer.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yeah, why ? We have the money. Why do we pay loads for overhyped shit players why they manage to grab such players ? Even Grealish whom we mocked looks a world beater in comparison to a clown like Sancho.
We don't have anything like the money! Nor would they if what he was actually being paid was fully declared and bound to the strictures of FFP.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Is it me or has he developed his build up play. These last 3 games I've seen he's done well in that department. The ball to KdB for the first was a peach.

el3mel

We don't have anything like the money! Nor would they if what he was actually being paid was fully declared and bound to the strictures of FFP.
We spent 80m on Casemiro and more than 70m on Antony, in one summer.