Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
I think you have missed the point completely (or conveniently)

There is a huge difference between generating revenue based on footballing success and then spending that on players to build on that footballing successes and being a crap team with no footballing success and buying players with money that has no connection with football to simply buy success that wasn’t there
How would you categorise money generated by floating a club on the stock market?

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
Getting Haaland is all about finally landing the Champions League for Man City. Make no mistake about it.

This is one last desperate throw of the dice by City to give Pep a final opportunity to get that big trophy. Haaland may be the final piece of the jigsaw that they needed.

We will have to wait and see.

We need an rvn

Great signing but I've yet to read how City have managed to sign him for less than his release clause when nearly all the top clubs wanted him, and on less money than that was supposed to want...

LDUred

I've no problem with City being the stronger with this signing because, to put it bluntly, it is either them or Liverpool competing for silverware for the next five seasons minimum.

Imagine if there were no-one to challenge Liverpool and it was simply Klopp waltzing to the title every season, like it was at some points during Fergie's reign when the league would be sewn up around April.

They have been bereft of a genuine forward this season and it's arguably what has held them back for a while. Good luck to him; hope he does well.

Strootman's Finger

A lot of people seem to be trying to comfort themselves by convincing themselves he's injury prone and therefore will be a flop

croadyman

Getting Haaland is all about finally landing the Champions League for Man City. Make no mistake about it.

This is one last desperate throw of the dice by City to give Pep a final opportunity to get that big trophy. Haaland may be the final piece of the jigsaw that they needed.

Sadly he will be and everyone else in this league is going to suffer as a result too

croadyman

City going to City. We'll maybe, just maybe learn the truth about all their dodgy deals one day.
No chance in a million years with their lawyers which will be the best that money can buy

Utd7

There’s a weird narrative from fans of foreign leagues (Serie A, La Liga) the EPL is actually the Super League because City signed Haaland. How?

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
You guys realize they can't cheat a release clause right? & that would also mean Dortmund were involved in this dodgy dealing? The question should be what's happening at Dortmund why was his release clause said to be 70m, but ends up at 50m? Was there another stipulation in the contract? We may find out a little later once more info gets released.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Haaland costing the same as AWB got me feeling really sad and down in the dumps today.

Chripper

What an odd signing. This is reminiscent of when Shevchenko was foisted of Mourinho or when Ibrahimovic was foisted on Pep.

This might come back to bite me on the bum, but I think Haaland will have all of the success as the aforementioned transfers.

This doesn't sound like a Pep signing, as Haaland isn't a Pep type of player. Haaland is a player who plays on the shoulder of the last center back, now, unless Pep changes his whole football philosophy, I can see Haaland struggling.

People are going overboard with this one.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Great signing but I've yet to read how City have managed to sign him for less than his release clause when nearly all the top clubs wanted him, and on less money than that was supposed to want...
Most likely the reported figures were drastically exaggerated to begin with because sports media has absolutely zero need for facts to pump out endless transfer rumors for more clicks.

Haaland costing the same as AWB got me feeling really sad and down in the dumps today.
You're an absolute buffoon if you believe that.

Dad fee in the 10's millions, Agent fee will be off the charts (hence Riola doing the release fee deal in the first place). His own signing on fee is going be absolutely insane.

Oh, and don't get me started on his standard city, off the books second wage.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
City showed they were right to turn down Spurs' valuation of Kane, they only end up paying far less for a much better long-term prospect. I just hope Haaland can put his injury woes behind him, because he's about to enter a much more physical league which he seems built for, in a team that's going to provide him with plenty of opportunities to score. I wouldn't be surprised to see him lead the league if he manages to stay fit.

Righteous Steps

He will do week at City he doesn’t need to get involved in every phase of play they’ve got 10 other players to do that, he will put the ball back in the net that’s for sure and is far more dangerous mobile and suited to fast paced football than Lukaku.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
You're an absolute buffoon if you believe that.

Dad fee in the 10's millions, Agent fee will be off the charts (hence Riola doing the release fee deal in the first place). His own signing on fee is going be absolutely insane.

Oh, and don't get me started on his standard city, off the books second wage.
I agree with you all the while I still wouldn’t say no pal. He’s the real deal and will guarantee titles. If there was one player in world football who deserves to take us to the cleaners it’s Haaland. I would have given him what he wants, including letting him leave in 5 years.

Red Dingo

Haaland being considerably cheaper than what we paid for Maguire is sickening.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
So the release clause is just £51.1m. It is an absolute bargain regardless of sign on fee and agent fee. City will probably sell Jesus and Sterling in summer to make room for his arrival.

DaGOAT

Yeah I’m a huge Ronaldo fan but right now, he is likely better than both Ronaldo and Messi. We needs to see how he adapts to the EPL but if he keeps the same level, he is for sure the best young striker in the world right now, just a level below Benzema and Lewa.
Couldn’t agree more.

matt10000

Outside investment is necessary to break the monopoly of the traditional big club in the league. I can understand the traditional big clubs do not like the challenge. The wages and transfer fee spent by City and Chelsea are not greater than Man United for the past 10 years. In the initial stage big investment is needed to improve the quality of these 2 teams. Newcastle will do the same.
How would you categorise money generated by floating a club on the stock market?
The club was worth whT it was on the stock mDeket because of footballing suuceas of club

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Next year, CL semifinal… we will all support FC Asteroids then, right?

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Haaland being considerably cheaper than what we paid for Maguire is sickening.
And most of our recent signings!

51 million according to skysports. I dont understand why the fee is so low? We’d be paying £200 million for him.

Traub

51 million according to skysports. I dont understand why the fee is so low? We’d be paying £200 million for him.
We would be paying the same. It's a release clause negotiated by Raiola so as to ensure he could move when the big clubs came calling.

Pickle85

There's a release clause isn't there? This narrative of him 'only' costing 51 million is exhausting. He's clearly costing them far more than that given signing on fees, agent fees and payments to family.

dal

Desperate? Signing Haaland for £51 million is probably the most sensible thing ever, not desperate.

meninred

There's a release clause isn't there? This narrative of him 'only' costing 51 million is exhausting. He's clearly costing them far more than that given signing on fees, agent fees and payments to family.
According to Sky sports they will be paying 35 mil on those fees on top of the 51 million plus a probable 5 year contract worth atleast 350K a week or 100 million /5 years or so rough estimate can be 180 Million - 200 million

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
According to Sky sports they will be paying 35 mil on those fees on top of the 51 million plus a probable 5 year contract worth atleast 350K a week or 100 million /5 years or so rough estimate can be 180 Million - 200 million
Super hot deal. I believe Man Utd paid Cavani 10 million signing on fee + agent fee for the free transfer.

croadyman

Desperate? Signing Haaland for £51 million is probably the most sensible thing ever, not desperate.
Yeah wish it was us making that "desperate" move but sadly that puppet has dragged us right down into the pits for the last decade

Pickle85

Interesting, thanks. I'm surprised the additional fees aren't more tbh and I know it seems mental to say, but 350k a week seems...reasonable?! Ugh,I feel dirty even saying that.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
City showed they were right to turn down Spurs' valuation of Kane, they only end up paying far less for a much better long-term prospect. I just hope Haaland can put his injury woes behind him, because he's about to enter a much more physical league which he seems built for, in a team that's going to provide him with plenty of opportunities to score. I wouldn't be surprised to see him lead the league if he manages to stay fit.
I have a bridge to sell. Interested?