Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

IFC 1905

Messi's 5 goals against leverkusen were extraordinary doing chip goals with both legs, goals from outside the box. It's amazing how we normalize how amazing he could be back then.

These 5 goals from Haaland are a result of him benig a force of nature.

Wheato

TBF, Weghorst would have got a hattrick tonight. RB threw the towel in after the dodgy penalty. Just stand in the six yard box and wait for the ball to drop at your feet.

macheda14

Hard to think of one during their prime, that's why they're the best.
Even in their prime they definitely did. It’s just hard to think of one because their prime was the longest prime in the history of football and no one could remember all those games.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
In all club competitions he's on 39 goals now I think? And over 40 goals + assists total.

macheda14

Great goalscorer but defo not a player I'd pay to watch. His football does nothing to me, it's robotic and boring
If he was in a transitional team like he was at Dortmund he’d be more exciting. His pace and power in the counter is electric, he just doesn’t really show it at City.

surf

Not sure why Guardiola would take Haaland off. It's not as if he's been overplayed this season - he's young, he sat out the world cup, and he is frequently subbed after an hour once the game is won.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Not sure why Guardiola would take Haaland off. It's not as if he's been overplayed this season - he's young, he sat out the world cup, and he is frequently subbed after an hour once the game is won.
why take the risk?

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
RB Salzburg:
27 games 29 goals

Borussia Dortmund:
89 games 86 goals

Man City:
36 games 39 goals

Norway:
23 games 21 goals

Champions League:
25 games 33 goals

Honestly who cares about his 'game' when he puts up such consistent numbers across so many teams and on the biggest stage?

mu4c_20le

Even in their prime they definitely did. It’s just hard to think of one because their prime was the longest prime in the history of football and no one could remember all those games.
People tend to remember their clutch moments, and how they won trophies for their clubs. If City bottle the title to Arsenal, he will be remembered for those blanks this season.

Acquire Me

Great goalscorer but defo not a player I'd pay to watch. His football does nothing to me, it's robotic and boring
I love to see players like Messi and Mbappe because they got great technique and can do the unexpected things. That said, I think it’s fascinating to see the power runs Haaland takes and the way he bully defenders. It might not be as stylish, but it’s something beautiful for me.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
RB Salzburg:
27 games 29 goals

Borussia Dortmund:
89 games 86 goals

Man City:
36 games 39 goals

Norway:
23 games 21 goals

Champions League:
25 games 33 goals

Honestly who cares about his 'game' when he puts up such consistent numbers across so many teams and on the biggest stage?
He is an out and out striker. It is his style and who he is as a player. Nothing wrong with that. It is up to the coach to set up the tactic to integrate him in the team. Obviously if you have a team most of your attackers (mbappe, messi and Neymar) don't defend like PSG you will have problem.

Chief123

Weird player. Will get you 5 goals in a 6-0 win, but then disappear in a 1-0 loss.
Is that you Michael?

1. “If there’s a bit of rain about, it makes the surface wet.”
2. “What a feeling it is to be a manager and bring someone on.”
3. “Footballers these days often have to use their feet.”
4. “I love these players with two feet.”
5. “Blackburn have got two strikers on and they’re both playing up front.”
6. “Whichever team scores more goals usually wins.”
7. When asked what he listens to in the car : “I don’t listen to anything. I don’t know why, but the car’s always been my own quiet space. When the kids are in the car they always want a song on, but I’m just happy with my thoughts.”
8. “When they don’t score they hardly ever win.”
9. “It’s a good run, but it’s a poor run, if you know what I mean?”
10. When asked what was the last film he saw by The Guardian: “It’s very boring, but I don’t watch films. I think I’ve seen about five in my life.
“I just can’t get into them. I do try – someone will say, ‘Watch this film, it’s great,’ and I’ll try but after half an hour, 40 minutes I can’t take it any longer.”
11. When reviewing every film he has seen for Shortlist: “I like factual stuff. I don’t like being kidded by anything.
“That’s my problem with films: I just can’t believe it. I sit there, thinking, ‘I wonder how many takes that took?’ and, ‘Is that a stuntman?’
“The big action fights are so far-fetched I shake my head in disbelief: people shooting each other, rolling over with bullets just missing them, jumping off of trains. How can anyone believe that?”
12. “That shot is impossible. I saw Yaya Toure do it once.”
13. “That’s simple as…simple.”
14. Another zinger to The Guardian: “Funnily enough brie is not a cheese that I would eat on its own – it just goes well with turkey and cranberry.
“If I’m eating cheese on its own with a cracker it has to be really strong. I can handle a strong cheese. Stilton, things like that. If you’re buying mature cheese, then Canadian is probably the strongest one. Canadian extra mature, or Stilton, or anything that really stinks.
“That’s only really happened in the last five years. Before that, I preferred a milder cheese.”
15. “Alderweireld played really well last year for Tottenham, let’s hope he can transfer that form to Spurs this season.”
16. “To stay in the game, you have to stay in the game.”
17. “You have to believe your own eyes, don’t you?”

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
RB Salzburg:
27 games 29 goals

Borussia Dortmund:
89 games 86 goals

Man City:
36 games 39 goals

Norway:
23 games 21 goals

Champions League:
25 games 33 goals

Some obviously do. As far as I'm concerned, his goalscoring rate is unique but I don't tune it to games to see what Haaland does. It's a personal choice

kouroux

I love to see players like Messi and Mbappe because they got great technique and can do the unexpected things. That said, I think it’s fascinating to see the power runs Haaland takes and the way he bully defenders. It might not be as stylish, but it’s something beautiful for me.
I agree, that's why R9 is my favorite striker ever. Best combo of power and beauty at his peak

Chief123

Because they’ve won and have important games coming up?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I agree, that's why R9 is my favorite striker ever. Best combo of power and beauty at his peak
R9 will never defend, press or track the wing back. Never! His vision for passing is nothing to rave about either. He just walked on the field without the ball, exactly like Messi and CR7.

kouroux

Risk of injury of course. What if he'd get one, never mind a serious one, just for chasing a pointless goal ?

Cantona_7_

So you say when people check stats in 20 years and see he was pl and possible cl top scorer with most goals for a city player ever in a season they will belive City didnt win anything because of Haaland?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
R9 will never defend, press or track the wing back. Never! His vision for passing is nothing to rave about either. He just walked on the field without the ball, exactly like Messi and CR7.
And this is why my favourite striker ever is Dirk Kuyt.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Defending is for peasants. Artists thrive on freedom :drool:
I am a big fan of R9, but if people criticize Haaland for his overall contribution to City's game play, i would say that is applicable to R9 if he plays for City as well.

Stacks

Is that you Michael?

1. “If there’s a bit of rain about, it makes the surface wet.”
2. “What a feeling it is to be a manager and bring someone on.”
3. “Footballers these days often have to use their feet.”
4. “I love these players with two feet.”
5. “Blackburn have got two strikers on and they’re both playing up front.”
6. “Whichever team scores more goals usually wins.”
7. When asked what he listens to in the car : “I don’t listen to anything. I don’t know why, but the car’s always been my own quiet space. When the kids are in the car they always want a song on, but I’m just happy with my thoughts.”
8. “When they don’t score they hardly ever win.”
9. “It’s a good run, but it’s a poor run, if you know what I mean?”
10. When asked what was the last film he saw by The Guardian: “It’s very boring, but I don’t watch films. I think I’ve seen about five in my life.
“I just can’t get into them. I do try – someone will say, ‘Watch this film, it’s great,’ and I’ll try but after half an hour, 40 minutes I can’t take it any longer.”
11. When reviewing every film he has seen for Shortlist: “I like factual stuff. I don’t like being kidded by anything.
“That’s my problem with films: I just can’t believe it. I sit there, thinking, ‘I wonder how many takes that took?’ and, ‘Is that a stuntman?’
“The big action fights are so far-fetched I shake my head in disbelief: people shooting each other, rolling over with bullets just missing them, jumping off of trains. How can anyone believe that?”
12. “That shot is impossible. I saw Yaya Toure do it once.”
13. “That’s simple as…simple.”
14. Another zinger to The Guardian: “Funnily enough brie is not a cheese that I would eat on its own – it just goes well with turkey and cranberry.
“If I’m eating cheese on its own with a cracker it has to be really strong. I can handle a strong cheese. Stilton, things like that. If you’re buying mature cheese, then Canadian is probably the strongest one. Canadian extra mature, or Stilton, or anything that really stinks.
“That’s only really happened in the last five years. Before that, I preferred a milder cheese.”
15. “Alderweireld played really well last year for Tottenham, let’s hope he can transfer that form to Spurs this season.”
16. “To stay in the game, you have to stay in the game.”
17. “You have to believe your own eyes, don’t you?”
:lol: