Kick-off
Sat, 7 May 2016 @ 12:45pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

The players that have come in today have shown why they dont start normally start. That said, the players that usually start aren't up to much either.

I'd take Mata off. Put Januzaj on the right and drop Rooney into midfield.

De Gea
    Valencia Smalling Rojo CBJ
    Carrick
    Herrera Rooney
    Januzaj Memphis Lingard

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
    What is it that people see with Carrick?

This calming influence that dominates the midfield from all the back on the edge of his own penalty box?

He's a fecking limited footballer that can only play to his best when we are on top of other teams. His lack of movement and mobilty is as bad as Rooney. His passing abilities doesn't make up for it. I hate him.
    When's your 11th birthday?

Fully Fledged

Just doesn't look like it's going to happen for us, unfortunately. There are no new ideas, no invention in the team. LVG's dinosaur philosophy is going to bore us all to death.
    Yeah. I hate the way we play football under LVG. When I saw that Martial and Rashford weren't playing I thought that we would struggle against a really poor team.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    Why why WHY does he persist with Mata on the right wing!?

He's a complete waste of a player on that side, just put Mata in the middle and lingard wide. If you want pace in the middle then put januzaj there or out wide.

I literally cannot fathom how he can see it being a good idea? What can he see that makes him persist with it?

He's paid money to do this and he can't even set a team up logically. He's an absolute con merchant he really is :lol:

GloryHunter07

What is it that people see with Carrick?

This calming influence that dominates the midfield from all the back on the edge of his own penalty box?

He's a fecking limited footballer that can only play to his best when we are on top of other teams. His lack of movement and mobilty is as bad as Rooney. His passing abilities doesn't make up for it. I hate him.
    I hate this post

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    My ratings so far:

De Gea - 7
    Valencia - 6
    Smalling - 6
    Rojo - 2
    Darmian - 5 / CBJ - 4
    Carrick - 6
    Herrera - 3
    Lingard - 2
    Depay - 2
    Mata - 2
    Rooney - 3

Absolute shithouse performance, especially in attack.
    No idea why herrera is greater than mata in those ratings.

Red17

Van Gaal - one that sees risks rather than opportunities. Everything revolves around risks. Look at today's decision to leave out Blind and Rashford entirely, presumably not to risk them ...if we can't get past Norwich - there's no need to save them for the West Ham game. He doesn't take a chance. Shows in our game now. Not Man Utd!

Irrational.

£20 if he comes on he stinks out the place just like the rest...
    There's a reason players like Ashley Young and Jesse Lingard are thriving under LVG. They're workhorses, and follow his instructions to the T. No messing around, no instinct. Just play safe, conservative football.

Unfortunately it means that players who rely more on instinct and natural footballing ability suffer, as they don't fit into LVG's system - and they look 10x worse.

Therefore, like you, I wouldn't be surprised if Adnan came on and played shockingly bad with no invention or creativity. They just don't have the license under this snoozebot of a manager.

kenny19

Herrera has been shite but I can never blame him. He is tasked with supplying mata rooney and memphis on the wing. That is no easy task.

RRCE

For literally a single person to watch this match (which, in truth, is quite representative of our football for much of the season) and still suggest that we should pass on Mourinho in favour keeping Van Gaal / Giggs would be absolutely moronic. Van Gaal really has drained the soul out of our beloved club. Only some youthful exuberance, yet to be spoiled by Van Gaal, has brought any joy to the season. Without that today, you see what we have. We have plenty of experienced players out on the pitch, none of whom appear to be too fussed about actually winning. Rooney is disgracing the captaincy, in my opinion.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
    Van Gaal - one that sees risks rather than opportunities. Everything revolves around risks. Look at today's decision to leave out Blind and Rashford entirely, presumably not to risk them ...if we can't get past Norwich - there's no need to save them for the West Ham game. He doesn't take a chance. Shows in our game now. Not Man Utd!
    Mourinho is less of a risk taker.

Kostur

海尔的老板
    There's this 'pundits' studio in the break on Polish canal+ and they basically spent 10 minutes laughing at this shite match, we're the main culprits.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
    Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    How the heck are we 5th.
    Because the Premier league is shite. Best league in the World my arse. Fair play to Leicester, not taking anything away from them they are the only team which actually wanted to win the it, but, really, they shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the league with the money spent by those below them.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
    Staff
    My ratings so far:

De Gea - 7
    Valencia - 6
    Smalling - 6
    Rojo - 2
    Darmian - 5 / CBJ - 4
    Carrick - 6
    Herrera - 3
    Lingard - 2
    Depay - 2
    Mata - 2
    Rooney - 3

Absolute shithouse performance, especially in attack.
    Missed first half. That line up isn't promising. Please tell me Martial and Rash are on the bench at least?

Green_Red

Like how the feck can you not play your strongest team on the same weekend city play arsenal and you're chasing top 4. feckin clown of a manager.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 323.4 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Norwich win
  • Draw